Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Your RO Character Names
Former-GM-Forge Offline

RE: Your RO Character Names

Yeah something is stretching it, but it isn't the signatures. I removed both ShadowValentine's and Nero's, and it was still stretched. So I put them back.

While I am posting in this thread anyway, may as well go on topic:

GM-Forge - Because the coin toss said GM-Hephaestus (going with the Greek Mythology theme set forward by GM-Pandora and GM-Circe) would be too annoying for players to type out all the time. Forge was the alternative because it is related to what I am here for, and Hephaestus, being a smith, worked with one. At no point in the original thinking of my name did I consider the X-Men character. That just happened to be a convenient coincidence.

Event-Forge - Because I needed a second character to give people a reason to explode bomb porings. Apparently. So I went with the traditional 'Event' in the front, and to prevent confusion, stuck 'Forge' on the end.

[Image: ForgeSig.png]
09-09-2010 08:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ABlueJelly Offline
Minitru Unapproved!

As a note, these are all from within the shoes of the person who plays these characters. All my other posts are actually from the characters themselves. Well, Blue, but, that's just because I play him the most.
Another note, I don't actually have any real storyline for any characters other than Blue and Red, and both are very sparse.

ABlueJelly - OOOOoooollllld Rogue-like dungeon adventure game called Nethack had monsters called "Blue Jelly". You try to melee them, and you will get owned sooo hard, as they heal just by you taking actions next to them, multiply if they heal themselves over their max HP, and counterattack all melee with a retardedly powerful freezing aura. When I started playing World in Conflict, I used to play artillery mainly (now I play as flying tanks, and I was actually quite pro for a casual player, but I haven't played that game in forever >.> ), and since I had a character trapped behind a wall of these things (Even with a Dragonsbane, they're still melee-proof unless you one-hit them), so I figured the name was apt for my rather good artillery ability.

ARedJelly - Born from an undirected need to roleplay, and a very traplike reply to something a friend's bro said, Blue's "younger" older "sister". Has quite a bit of story to her, and always a bit extra depending upon the incarnation. Note that she is Blue's "sis", not my own- I myself was an only child until I got a step family, and both of my step-siblings are male.

Attila the Nun - For the pun of it, of course! Note that I play her as though she's really close friends of Jelly, I do slip up occasionally. This is because I'm rather bad at RPing female (yet somehow I seem to confuse people even on Blue as to my actual gender (Maybe because I RP, tend to care somewhat whether a gear looks ugly (mind you, I could care less when I'm going to go kill something), and my general speach patterns... AND I MIGHT BE A TRAP! MUAHAHAHAHA)), and keeping them separate helps me- hence why Red is Blue's "sister", and not some female incarnation of Blue or anything.

Baron O' Beefdip - Good cartoon called Ed Edd and Eddy, started back when Cartoon Network didn't suck, and back when I was in elementary school. I still remember quite a few lines from it (like Ed's total off-the-wall comments), and yeah, this was from that. One of the things I remember best from that was this deity that Eddy invented with a walkie talkie and Ed's... Ed-ness. Emphasizing this oddity, it's a baby perma novi that may become a baby supernovi at some point.

Mr Mister - I was in a music mood, and wanted a rogue, so here we are. It's a band. Once he hits 70, he's gonna need some broken wings... and learn to fly again, learn to live so free~

Kiritsugu - Got tired of nubby, ginormous Nameless parties, so I decided to start a wiz. Needed a name, so I called up Type-Moon's wiki. Was originally gonna be Rin's dad, but then it hit me that he was a bit of an elitist jerk, so I tossed that idea for a person I could probably RP decently enough.

Papa Oom Mow Mow - Got bored once, and made a gunslinger. Song ref

The Yellow Submarine - needed a novi-wing-helper char. This is it. Song ref

ASlightlyDiscontentCow - "slightly" was gonna be something else, but I had to change it due to char limit. Forget the original name. Made this one somewhat at request of SoS, and I think I was gonna make an asura champ outta it. Eh, it's an aco right now, and Attila is enough of a pain to level >.<

Rinnosuke_Morichika - Gotta have a Vend/NPC-Trade slave... And Gotta have a Touhou Reference (since Youki Konpaku is already taken, I can't have that be my LK >.< )

?(?????)
no IFs ANDs or XORs.
Incarn Wrote:[Jelly]'s not an idiot, he just likes to derp and actually make the derp work
"Don't crack, 'cause you might not make it back. And if you do, then you'll be alone, and ya can't live like that!"
"And they say that a Hero can save us, I'm not gonna stand here and wait..."

B> Regular, Scheduled Server Maintenance Resets
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2010 11:04 PM by ABlueJelly.)
09-09-2010 11:00 PM
ShadowValentine Offline
Spero Dum Spiro.

My sig never caused problems before, and there's no reason for it to start now, purely for the previous page...

Søren Kierkegaard Wrote:And when the hourglass has run out, the hourglass of temporality, when the noise of secular life has grown silent and its restlessness or ineffectual activism has come to an end, when everything around you is still, as it is in eternity, then eternity asks you and every individual in these millions and millions about only one thing: whether you have lived in despair or not.
09-10-2010 01:03 PM
Kompeito Offline

Kompeito - The name of my first serious RO character. He's always a bard/clown. He's named after the Japanese Sugar Candy.

Cael - Crusader. His hair is red and he's supposed to be of scottish origin, so I gave him a gaelic name.

Tripwire - I was intending to make a rogue but he instead became an alchemist. I just thought it sounded awesome.

Lackadaisy - after the comic 'Lackadaisy Speakeasy'. He's my priest character. He used to wear sunglasses, have a cigarette and wear a mushroom on his head. Recently the mushroom was replaced by a Monk's Hat and the sunglasses by an eye patch. (The eye patch is because he needs his eyesight in dark places where he primarily hunts undeads).

SeiSei - My dancer. She's named after one of my oldest OC's.

Uhh I think those are the only relevant ones...
09-14-2010 04:03 PM
Damos123 Offline

Damos123~ phononym for the greek Deimos, a greek demi-god whose name means "terror".
Muzikal~ not entirely set on this name yet, its kinda lame IMO. obviously i picked it because it looks cool, and bard-related.
Rantz~ another cool, semi-related name i thought of. its OK, i guess.

other names ive reserved right now:
Ramza Beoulve~ from Final Fantasy Tactics fame. i like this name alot, as it could be any class I decide to make it, thanks to FFT's job system making ramza's origin class ambiguous.
Old Snake~ From Metal Gear Solid 4. Only works with sins, stalkers, and gunslingers though. and he would have to have white hair.

Characters:
Damos123 ~ Stalker to be
Muzikal ~ Ministrel to be
Rantz ~ Professor to be
09-14-2010 08:45 PM
Nawks Offline
can haz SG?

Nox~ - Long story short I've used the screenname Knoxville after Johnny Knoxville from Jackass then over the years I just shortened it to Knox and now it's just Nox.
L337onidas - Came after reading Frank Millers 300, though I know it's based on the historic events of King Leonidas fending off all those Persians with just 300 men.
Voltsgraf - I'm a big fan of the first YuGiOh series (the millenium items 'n such, not that high school crap) and one of the cards he used was Des Voltsgalph though it was pronounced Voltsgraph in the sub.
Draghinazzo - The name of one of the demons in The Divine Comedy. It's name means "Big Nasty Dragon."
And bleh, I can't remember the rest of my chars names. Haven't logged in in awhile. Icon_razz

R.I.P. Howling Monkey, you will be served to the gods now.[Image: howlingmonkey2.jpg]
Nox~ 9x Wiz-wannabe Stalker | L337onidas 9x GURANDO KUROSSU | Voltsgraf 7x Int Brewer
09-14-2010 08:52 PM
Hatred Offline

Hatred - word that defy *love*.....
09-23-2010 06:30 AM
Speedwagon Offline
Lurker

I was reading a manga 4 years ago when I registered to an online riichi mahjong site as Speedwagon. I thought It was not that bad of a name, so I kept it.

I'm lazy to keep too many alts so I use(d) the same nick on most IRC channels I am/was on. I sometimes morph the 'Speed' part depending on my mood.

Later, on that mahjong site my account was blocked due to inactivity, so I reversed the name to Nogaw Deeps. Not many people recognized me and I could play that game almost anonymously(well, even less people speak English there, but that's a different story).

When I reinstalled RO I started to use these names, but there was not many varieties I liked, so my current main, Pages Endow is an anagram of Speedwagon.

Story of my life.
09-23-2010 03:41 PM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

Oh! And i'd been wondering why the names doesn't make much sense when pronouncing them.

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
09-23-2010 07:11 PM