Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question to Non-WoE Players
Damlite Offline

RE: Question to Non-WoE Players

Woe isn't fun for most people mainly because of the already mentioned monopolization, making it more of a battle between major alliances rather than a war between the whole server for the emp.

Opening up all 20 castles like the official servers will make the gameplay more hectic and allow for more strategic plays to be applied, also allowing for smaller alliances to participate in woe since holding 20 castles is a lot harder than holding 2 for the big guys no matter how you look at it. Right now, there's no fun in fighting a battle you know you won't win, so people don't bother with woe.

IGN - Damlite
Trade IGN - Ryukaii
10-05-2010 08:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Change one WoE day to Sunday or Saturday mornings would be very very nice. That would encourage me to consider WoEing again as I don't really like the afternoon times, I cannot fit it in my weekend as I do drive home occasionally and I usually drive back in afternoons. I recommend Saturday morning because Sunday is a church day, and I wouldn't wanna force people to pick between church and a dumb videogame.

Um, perhaps guild packages for new guilds joining server could help, but depends on how many people actually are serious about keeping said guild. :s

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-05-2010 08:27 PM
Navis Offline
Lime in the Coconut

RE:??Question to Non-WoE Players

Damlite Wrote:Opening up all 20 castles like the official servers will make the gameplay more hectic and allow for more strategic plays to be applied, also allowing for smaller alliances to participate in woe since holding 20 castles is a lot harder than holding 2 for the big guys no matter how you look at it.
Worst suggestion related to WoE yet. Get it in your head that this is far from an official server, where there are twice as many players as HeRO's population fighting over just one castle. As I've said before, HeRO's small population doesn't even have enough WoE'ers to fill even one castle, let alone two. Why do you think Behe or Robots gives up and goes to Payon at the end of every WoE? All the action is basically limited to one castle because there is not enough of a player base for more than one castle to have action, so when the action at Pront ends, whichever of us is left out goes to Payon because we know there aren't any other WoE guilds to defend it. Simple as that. Opening more castles would only make it worse.

As Azul said, if the smaller guilds really wanted to WoE, they would either have to recruit enough willing players, merge together, or join one of the two bigger guilds. I direct these suggestions to you and your guild, Matrim, as well as any other guild with members interested in WoE. I'm not saying this to discourage you at all. On the contrary, I'm sure I speak for both Behemoth and Robots when I say we would like to see more guilds come up and join the action. Opening more castles isn't the solution; but having the smaller guilds, such as a few members from FoH, KoL, or FP merge their WoE-active members into one large enough guild to pose a force is really the best and only option.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2010 11:17 PM by Navis.)
10-05-2010 11:15 PM
Hiroishime Offline

Quote:Opening more castles isn't the solution; but having the smaller guilds, such as a few members from FoH, KoL, or FP merge their WoE-active members into one large enough guild to pose a force is really the best and only option.

sad to say is most heRO players ive seen that is very new to WoE will usually gives up very fast after 2 or 3 failed WoEs and given the mentality of "we will never fight the 2 big guild", it will be hard to make it work. even with the merge of 3 small guilds, which usually are pretty messy organization at the starts.

Also, new woe players tends to not willing to spend as much in pots/resources because of "meh this just waste of time, i will come for fun"

^____________________________^ /derp
10-05-2010 11:33 PM
Sepharius Offline
:3

Hiroishime Wrote:Also, new woe players tends to not willing to spend as much in pots/resources because of "meh this just waste of time, i will come for fun"

^

I have to say that this is one of the major reasons. Most people just walk into WoE without considering that they are fighting people that have spent considerable time to upgrade, refine, and equip their characters; and that's not even counting the countless potions and other consumables that WoE players farm daily.

I think a big problem is that many people see WoE (or want WoE) as a "walk in and destroy the emp, take the castle" picture.??They don't prepare at all, and when they walk in and inevitably get owned, they will be heavily discouraged.

I'd have to say that part of the problem is on the behalf of the people who do not WoE as well. You couldn't seriously expect to just walk in and take it, did you?

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
10-06-2010 12:35 AM
SkyStormKuja Offline
The Great Muffin

Perhaps someone could write a newbie guide to WoE, and post it somewhere here. Just a general guide to how to WoE (what to bring, what to look out for, how it generally works, pre-casting, etc.)
It might encourage newer players to try what they read.

[Image: f44qqu.png]
~Anima~ 7x/3x - Champion
Nathaniel Hawkins 9x/6x - Stalker
Sora Sacrificulous 9x/6x - High Priest
SniperAngel 9x/6x - Sniper
10-06-2010 12:38 AM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

I'd not joint any WoE before, and i don't intend to. I don't want to be regarded as a block head meanie because the person behind the sprite i'm killing constantly will get pissed off and go nasty on me for like ever. Also, my time is not suitable to even try getting on. Also, i'm crappy with the game despite my experience with the game.

So, eventually the fun will die out. The thing that'd draw me in is probably the guild treasure and dungeon. Of course i'd have to join WoE first so i'm not sure that'd work well for me.

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
10-06-2010 01:16 AM
Sepharius Offline
:3

Ngjoko Wrote:I'd not joint any WoE before, and i don't intend to. I don't want to be regarded as a block head meanie because the person behind the sprite i'm killing constantly will get pissed off and go nasty on me for like ever. Also, my time is not suitable to even try getting on. Also, i'm crappy with the game despite my experience with the game.

So, eventually the fun will die out. The thing that'd draw me in is probably the guild treasure and dungeon. Of course i'd have to join WoE first so i'm not sure that'd work well for me.

Well that's what this topic is for, to find out why people don't WoE. So I guess you've given your answer. Icon_razz

And if someone gets pissed off in WoE and "gets nasty" forever, then they shouldn't really be doing WoE now would they? That would also be to your advantage. Call him out during WoE. If he's stupid enough to fall for it, he'll probably try to run out and kill you himself, leaving him alone in the middle of potentially hostile territory. Gank him, and maybe he won't be stupid enough to fall for it again.

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
10-06-2010 01:31 AM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

My main reasons would be; at wednesday WoE is from 2-3 am in my timezone and since i have internship i wouldn;t stay up that long for it xD
My other reason for sunday would be that i used to work at the time WoE was, but within a month i might be able to join WoE at sundays :3

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
10-06-2010 01:41 AM
Hiroishime Offline

SkyStormKuja Wrote:Perhaps someone could write a newbie guide to WoE, and post it somewhere here. Just a general guide to how to WoE (what to bring, what to look out for, how it generally works, pre-casting, etc.)
It might encourage newer players to try what they read.

i don't think anyone is going to write how job #1 handles the other 18 jobs, then write another for #2-18 job, each on how to handles the other 18 jobs. (18 was guesstimating).

best teacher is to experience WoE by urself, attends woe of the server, learn who to avoid, learns who is the easy pray, learn the strat of opposing guild, discuss with your officers on the flaws of the precast and such.
you are not going to get any of that with a guide.

and also, who get pissed when they get killed?
most people that i know, they WoE for fun and try to get a good laugh on every WoE run.

^____________________________^ /derp
10-06-2010 01:45 AM