Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question to Non-WoE Players
loveapples Offline
I'm around... somewhere

RE:????Question to Non-WoE Players

Gankz Wrote:
loveapples Wrote:Blahblah Implications
Of course if I had those classes they -would- be geared and I wouldn't worry about "keeping up" because I know exactly what I'd need to play them. Simply put I like playing in WoE with characters that are fully developed and don't have much fun with underdeveloped characters that take ages to finish.

Stop complaining then. You knew very well that this was a LOW RATE server when you joined.
10-06-2010 11:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

RE: Question to Non-WoE Players

Well, for me it's simple. My reason for not woeing anymore after I get my laptop back is that the amount of fun I'm having isn't enough to justify the amount of time spent gathering resources, which is way disproportional to the actual amount of time spent burning these resources.

(or to translate into human language, I don't feel like spending all the time I'll have left for playing by hunting whites/starsands/whatever else just to waste them by hundreds per hour when it's not even fun for me.)

[Image: 4NuAbXh.png]
10-06-2010 01:04 PM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

RE:??Question to Non-WoE Players

Damlite Wrote:more strategic plays

I have more/better breakers than you, I WIN.

Aaronock Wrote:effort

What is the meaning of this word?

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
10-06-2010 01:24 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: ??Question to Non-WoE Players

Ultima_Pi Wrote:
Aaronock Wrote:effort

What is the meaning of this word?

If you looked it up Jen, you'd have actually followed through on the very definition of the word. Evil

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-06-2010 01:31 PM
SkyStormKuja Offline
The Great Muffin

RE: ??Question to Non-WoE Players

Hiroishime Wrote:
SkyStormKuja Wrote:Perhaps someone could write a newbie guide to WoE, and post it somewhere here. Just a general guide to how to WoE (what to bring, what to look out for, how it generally works, pre-casting, etc.)
It might encourage newer players to try what they read.

i don't think anyone is going to write how job #1 handles the other 18 jobs, then write another for #2-18 job, each on how to handles the other 18 jobs. (18 was guesstimating).

best teacher is to experience WoE by urself, attends woe of the server, learn who to avoid, learns who is the easy pray, learn the strat of opposing guild, discuss with your officers on the flaws of the precast and such.
you are not going to get any of that with a guide.
That's not what I was implying. More of a general guide to WoE. General stuff to look out for, regardless of classes. =P

[Image: f44qqu.png]
~Anima~ 7x/3x - Champion
Nathaniel Hawkins 9x/6x - Stalker
Sora Sacrificulous 9x/6x - High Priest
SniperAngel 9x/6x - Sniper
10-06-2010 02:13 PM
Gankz Offline

RE: ????Question to Non-WoE Players

loveapples Wrote:
Gankz Wrote:
loveapples Wrote:Blahblah Implications
Of course if I had those classes they -would- be geared and I wouldn't worry about "keeping up" because I know exactly what I'd need to play them. Simply put I like playing in WoE with characters that are fully developed and don't have much fun with underdeveloped characters that take ages to finish.

Stop complaining then. You knew very well that this was a LOW RATE server when you joined.
Who said I was complaining? I was answering the OP's question. I'm on this server strictly to enjoy the low rate experience, not be a competitive asshole like most people had to be on Vision.

[Image: 2ir9e0i.jpg]
Katsugankz - Spirit Monk to be
10-06-2010 03:26 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Reason I don't PVP/WOE much is because I get seriously butthurt when my characters get their butt handed to them over and over again. Usually it means you're doing something wrong, but even when I know I'm doing all the things I know I can do, it's frustrating when??your team cannot even get past the Emp room precast.

Loki's veil on the??Spawn point to prevent skills. Traps, and 2- or more Bragi'd wizzies, 1 spamming SG and the rest spamming meteors on the spawn point. EDP'd sins grimming from behind the Entrance, A prof or 2 to make sure that even if you do get an LP down, it doesn't stay up.??Bragi'd creators to take down any hope you have of Getting a meaty character in to break the traps so you have some hope of making it to the emp. Then??all the peasants and extra's they have behind all that to make??getting to the emp a pain in the ass.

Most cases, the majority of the Attack team never survives long enough to even leave loki's, let a lone get back to the portal to get where it's safe-ish.??That leaves the team work factor of those living afterwards has to be REAL fined tuned, assuming there is more than 1. If not, the survivor's practically boned.

Then once you get past that,??you have those??special people behind that in the strong guilds, Like the people with Horong clips and Maya P, so stealth degraded by a lot. I've always loved playing magic classes, and Golden Thief bug Ruins them. Granted it does give you a chance to get past the precast, but it still sucks.

It may be a team effort, but each death is like a blow to the pride I have towards my build, even if there's nothing technically wrong with it.

PVP,??I prefer 1 vrs 1 fights.??PVP, is supposed to be like Battle royale. Some noob comes in, noob attacks pro who's in the middle of a fight with another noob. Pro dies and calls the noob a noob and therefore becomes a noob. The pro noob calls his friends all emo-like, his pro-nub friends are all in a party and wipe PVP out, more noobs come in and team them, and wipe out the good hearted noobs who just came in to dink around. It's more fun for me and less stressful if I stick to @duel.

It's not fun for me to try to do something where I'll know I'll end up losing 98% of the time.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2010 03:39 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
10-06-2010 03:35 PM
Navis Offline
Lime in the Coconut

The Legendary Joe Wrote:Reason I don't PVP/WOE much is because I get seriously butthurt when my characters get their butt handed to them over and over again. Usually it means you're doing something wrong, but even when I know I'm doing all the things I know I can do, it's frustrating when??your team cannot even get past the Emp room precast.

PVP,??I prefer 1 vrs 1 fights.??PVP, is supposed to be like Battle royale. Some noob comes in, noob attacks pro who's in the middle of a fight with another noob. Pro dies and calls the noob a noob and therefore becomes a noob. The pro noob calls his friends all emo-like, his pro-nub friends are all in a party and wipe PVP out, more noobs come in and team them, and wipe out the good hearted noobs who just came in to dink around. It's more fun for me and less stressful if I stick to @duel.

It's not fun for me to try??to do something where I'll know I'll end up losing 98% of the time.
Not to judge, but this is a pretty sad way to look at things. If you rage every death, prefer to only @duel, and expect to keep losing 98% of the time, you clearly have never WoE'd with any semblance of a large guild or team. Everyone dies in WoE, whether they have the best build and gear or not. The point is not to have some random invincible Moses running around, breaking precast lines, and rushing Emps on his own, as if everything was just the ocean parting in his wake, which sounds like what you want. Whether they die or not, if a member of the guild did his job, he's already progressing the team's success.

How do you imagine Behemoth broke Robots' precast that withheld for many consecutive weeks, the exact precast that you describe - with Loki's, traps, EDP GT's, 3 Bragi'd Wizzes, status AS, and a Champ in the back to pick off stragglers? Behemoth succeeded because they took the time to analyze the Achilles' heel and executed the strategy together, not a bunch of people randomly doing their own thing and hoping to become immortal.

You make it sound like there should be one ultimate class that can take on whole guilds and defeat every build of every class in 1 on 1 duels. If that's what you want, just stick to Diablo 2 Paladins.
10-06-2010 03:55 PM
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

I'm thinking about WoEing on a different server where people don't think of flaming as fair competitiveness. But that might not exist. I sure as hell won't WoE here on heRO, though, even if that "it's okay to flame, 'cause it's WoE! it's competitive trash talk!" opinion is not held by all or even the majority.

+ i'm forgetful and being in srs bsns WoE makes me required to WoE when I don't feel like it.

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
10-06-2010 06:43 PM
Landon Offline
Snappin necks, Cashin Checks

Incarn Wrote:I'm thinking about WoEing on a different server where people don't think of flaming as fair competitiveness. But that might not exist. I sure as hell won't WoE here on heRO, though, even if that "it's okay to flame, 'cause it's WoE! it's competitive trash talk!" opinion is not held by all or even the majority.

+ i'm forgetful and being in srs bsns WoE makes me required to WoE when I don't feel like it.

lol this server's flaming is nothing compared to others. Have fun on another server.

Hercules 97 High Priest
Shepard 99 Whitesmith
Hawk 98 Clown
Barossa 97 Professor
10-07-2010 01:49 PM