Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question to Non-WoE Players
pnutbuttajelly Offline
PBJ > AMJ

RE: Question to Non-WoE Players

The only slotted mid-headgears I've ever encountered on other servers were sunglasses[1] and glasses[1] which less than 5 people on the server had and/or came from corrupt GMs. And they were flamed a ridiculous amount for being ridiculously overpowered.
10-07-2010 10:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE:??Question to Non-WoE Players

Aaronock Wrote:Yes I hate God Items with a mighty vengeance.

Fair enough I guess. I personally don't think God Items make much of a difference EXCEPT for brewing, to be honest. Think about it - generally the God Item people "fear" the most in terms of unbalancing WoE/PvP is Megingjard because they see "+40 STR" and lose their **** over it. It's not a big deal, though, really. I tanked EDP SB before a Meg, and I tank it now (on Albus) too.

Difference between 120 STR and 160 str is approximately 152 ATK. Without factoring EVERYTHING in we could estimate that a Meg user with an Incantation Infiltrator would increase their damage (EDP SB) by ABOUT 8k by wearing the Meg... Of course, that doesn't take into account the 40% WoE skill reduction, the 30-50% Demi Human reduction and the potential elemental reduction... even with a char wearing only a thara shield that likely reduces that increase to 3k. Not a game-breaking change considering you give up (even for a SinX) about 15% of your carry capacity to use it.

Mjolnir is useful for many things, but in a WoE this small instant-cast devo is not a big deal. Instant cast AD is nice, I guess, if you have the build / supporting gear for it - but it generally leaves you more squishy than your non-instant cast counterparts (a trade off). I actually think God Items are fairly balanced compared to some of the other garbage that has been added over time (referencing Gravity here, not trying to insult heRO).

That's just my take on God Items.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
10-08-2010 06:52 AM
Merellis Offline
Honor Bound

I'm not honestly sure what to say at this point.

I agree with some of the responses why, particularly the ones that aren't able to WoE due to time constrictions, the ones that aren't interested because they enjoy PvM more, and the ones that have tried and find they don't like it. All of those make a ton of sense, and are reasons I would use as well to decide whether or not I want to WoE.

Then I see some responses essentially saying, "I don't want to WoE because my character is neither leveled or geared for WoE and I'm too lazy don't care to put in some effort to fix that part." That is disconcerting, on the one hand, if you really don't want to level/gear a character because it takes too much effort then how did you manage to gear your character for PVM?

As for the ones pointing out that WoE involves epic gear rather then skill to do anything. I respectfully disagree. All you need is a Beret/Feather Beret, a Thara Shield, and a armor that either has Marc or ED to avoid the more troubling status effects. If you're a physical dmg type made to kill others, get Hydra's.

Note one thing about all of these cards you need to get, they are EASY to kill. Beret is just as easy, or even go kill bears and get a poo poo hat. 10% Either way, and damn easy to find. Even use @whosells, there should be Beret's on for a small amount.

Someone Asuraing you to death and you're getting annoyed? Smokie Card, be a Prof and Dispel, freeze/stone curse them, interrupt the cast of Asura, asura faster, strip them and laugh at the sudden lack of speed cast, kill them on sight, silence them, SAFETY WALL! You have so many options open to you to keep a champ from killing you, look into what you want to do in WoE and see what you can do to keep them away and stay alive.

On guilds that WoE and the fact they take up everyone looking to WoE into their guild. What do you think they're going to do, not recruit? Behemoth and RObots are always recruiting, are MvPing, Partying, and are working hard to get people leveled and geared. With the lack of a third superpower, they are generally going to jump to either one, especially when the other guilds that OCCASIONALLY WoE don't really advertise or go at it with much gusto.

While I'm on the other guilds that jump into WoE and don't like losing the castle at the end because Behemoth/RObots attacks after losing Prontera. Combine resources, create a central guild for all of them to join and work together to hold the castle.

On gathering resources. Aloe Leaflets, Strawberries, grape juice, royal jelly, blue pots, condensed and regular white pots. All easily gained. Looking for a Bathory card, keep the WSS, leveling a sin on Hods, keep the WSS. Killing Mavka's and such? Keep the blues. Stockpile them, maybe spend a single day a month just farming them like mad and then get them brewed so you don't need to for the rest of the month. If you can't play a ton during the day, split it up during the month so you can be fine.

Dieing too much and don't like it? ... Who cares? No exp wasted, maybe some resources and zeny on the Healer NPC, and a little pride. It's the same as MVPing, same as leveling, hunting, farming. You should expect to die a few times, especially if you're new to it as you'll probably do what I did. Run around like a chicken with its' head cut off. People are aiming to kill you and either protect the Emp or break it. You are doing the same.

As for God Items, Albus got that covered in spades.

Well, there's my take on what making this thread has done to me.

TL;DR Azul is annoyed/disappointed [Image: 6hq895.gif]

[Image: b.png]
Azul 9x/6x Champ
Tagnikzur 9x/6x High Priest
Cornelius 7x/4x SWiz
10-08-2010 05:41 PM
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

baawww. Too bad I put the bullshit that is school before the almost-stupidity that is Gravity's RO. What else do you expect? It's the human race, of course there's going to be an "I'm too lazy" answer.

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
10-08-2010 06:14 PM
Navis Offline
Lime in the Coconut

Of course, Incarn. Everyone has their own priorities. Schoolwork is a priority. Real life issues are priorities. In game, leveling can be a priority. So can general PvM, hunting headgears, and even just socializing. And of course, WoE can be a priority. Everyone is entitled to play the game how they want. That's perfectly fine and understandable.

What's not a priority, however, is continuously complaining about other guilds being stronger and wanting to join WoE but not putting the time into being geared and prepared. "Being lazy" is neither a good excuse nor priority. As Azul said, the smaller guilds who are serious about joining the WoE scene but refuse to join one of the "two big guilds" would greatly benefit from assembling together and combining resources. I've already said that both Behemoth and Robots would love to see more guilds and competition in the currently-very-empty WoE scene.

If there really are many players who wish to join WoE, sitting here and not taking any initiative to progress towards your goals, other than posting complaints and expecting to be hand-gifted everything, isn't a priority. It's being selfish. If Behemoth and Robots could do it, you can too.

As for the players who are positively adamant about never joining any PvP or WoE as long as they breathe, no matter who or what tries to change your mind, wtf are you doing posting in these threads? These threads aren't meant for you to crap all over people's ideas and discourage players even further from joining WoE. These threads were started to encourage more guilds and competition. Even re-read the very first post of the thread. Complaining and whining belongs in the complaints/whining forums, though I don't see what good it'll do you anyway.

+2 Bodom, he's onto the right idea.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2010 10:11 PM by Navis.)
10-09-2010 09:56 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Navis, will you marry me?

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
10-09-2010 10:17 PM
Trapper Offline

It's useless to Post a Topic Related to Woe here.
When only 50-70 players are only Replying.
There are more Players in the Game.
From Which we don't have reply.
And we don't know what their opinions are?Thinking
So This Topic is also gonna die out like the other woe topics in the past.Sweat

AFK From Game.
10-10-2010 12:55 AM
Rankin Offline
Durp

Navis. I love you. Really.
10-10-2010 01:17 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

+1 Navis

thus i say if you want more ppl to join WOE, then you (players) need to change how you advertise your WOE guilds. To reiterate: surely if you make their roles and rewards clear or shovel-ready, and they can see how that scheme is equitable so that not only the high tier members get the surplus value, surely more people would love to join WOE Ok

and as for time-slots, perhaps for GMs what's doable is to monitor where people are logging in from, and try to cater to their time zones.
i.e. if say there are 500 players in HeRO and they are distributed as follows:
200 from South and North America (which means there's a range of +- 4 hours difference from server time which means that currently WOE for those ppl is late wednesday and sunday noon)
150 from Europe and Africa around GMT +2 (+- 4 hours means currently WOE is really early morning thursday and late night sunday)
150 from Asia around GMT +7 (+- 4 hours means currently WOE is Thursday morning and early morning monday)

as you can see, it isn't so much a wonder why most WOE-ers are from around The Americas and Europe (at least for Sunday nights), as both times are convenient (in terms of RL daily schedules) for them compared to most other places (just draw a straight line analogy for everything in between London and Hongkong).

Surely i'm not saying that HeRO should stop catering to the majority of it's players in The Americas, but perhaps if you want to expand the WOE scene you might want to look at other niches as your dedicated fan base would probably still stick around and WOE even if you change sunday's schedule to an earlier time (for example: 7 AM server time would still be very doable for most players from the americas -might make their waking hours more healthy too- and would make it more convenient for most European, African, as well as Asian players) Ok

-w-
10-10-2010 07:09 AM
Child of Bodom Offline
The Satelite

AFK will destroy all of you :<

Animal Path 99/70 Sniper
Asura Path 99/70 Champ
Deva Path 99/70 LK
Human Path 99/70 CLOWN
General Bo 96/67 WS /gg