Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question to Non-WoE Players
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE:??Question to Non-WoE Players

Namine Wrote:As with the strat, see you named it all already and it's figured out. Rather it's actually being done or not, it's not as big of an issue~ So if it's figured out, then done and end of game. If it's not run, well kind of too bad then...

Well, you win then, I guess... because I can't PROVE a negative.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
10-11-2010 02:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Navis Offline
Lime in the Coconut

RE: Question to Non-WoE Players

Namine, you must play Guildwars, huh? Then again, that's also very "micro-intensive," as you put it. Best PvP game ever.
10-11-2010 01:13 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

No I don't, since I only play free stuff XD; I played LoL for awhile but then I don't have time to learn the builds and strats to new heroes every single week. So the only competitive 'pvp' thing I play is Pokemon~ It's so far the only game next to children's card games that's purely macro, setup, team building and out-prediction. The actual carrying out of the steps are purely turn-based selection with no sense of timer, thus gameplay is unaffected by lag (there goes that common online excuse). When you choose your team of 6, decide their abilities, movepools and EV spread, before you fight half the battle has already been fought~

Anyway enough about micro vs macro... I was just answering the OP's question that I much favor macro over micro. Right now a few mvps do require some adjustments and new change to strategies because of new svn's full activation of AIs, so a few old mechanics can no longer be abused... so with a few things left going for me, I decided to casually play a bit again to see how to beat full activation~

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
10-11-2010 03:00 PM
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

Namine Wrote:or at least game will be done and I'll sit around in lutie using heRO as glorified MSN until someone does use it, and then see if there's a need for a complete and totally new strategy to counter the thought-of strategy.

Oh how that line reminded me of my @nuke Social Guilds thread xD

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
10-11-2010 06:49 PM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

Let's not bring that old issue up again.

Namine, I'm sure there are always tweaks to strategies.
10-12-2010 01:27 AM
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

Matrim Cauthon Jr Wrote:Let's not bring that old issue up again.

I dont think its an "old" issue, it was never solved or fixed for it to become old. heRO claims to have a population over 500, more specifically the last screenshot posted on the population thread was 561 players online. However There isnt even 100 players in WoE.

There is probably 50-60 players from Behemoth and RObots,
10-15 Ordo,
and maybe another 10-15 players from FoH, KoL, AFK or whoever else fiddles around with WoE.

I'm being very generous with these numbers ontop of that soooo figure that out... under 20% of heRO's population comes to WoE.

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
10-12-2010 10:29 PM
Bipolarsexual

It can't be "resolved" because it isn't a problem. People play Hero for a variety of reasons.

To get more people to WoE, either wait & see if they start. Or get friends that like it to join.

People that play for reasons besides WoE are not the problem though.
10-12-2010 10:56 PM
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

Matrim Cauthon Jr Wrote:It can't be "resolved" because it isn't a problem. People play Hero for a variety of reasons.

To get more people to WoE, either wait & see if they start. Or get friends that like it to join.

People that play for reasons besides WoE are not the problem though.

Difference of opinion as to whether its a problem or not. The lack of players in WoE is an issue though and you cant argue against that. Look at other RO servers and i wonder what % of the population does WoE. As long as players are displeased with the attendance in WoE it is a problem. To some people it isnt an issue because they dont care to WoE and thats fine. But to other players it is an issue because thats half the reason they play. There are players who would agree and disagree on both sides of the argument. No matter what is said under 100 players of the server WoEing on a 500+ server is an issue. Its not even like WoE is unprofitable. You can obtain the best gear in the game from participating in WoE. Aswell as the best gear to fill your PVM/MVP cravings.

Perhaps the day will come when the new comers of heRO today are strong enough to do well and WoE and the players of today will be replaced by them. Maybe players interests will change, after all I still remember an Indra who only had PVM gear and no interest whatsoever in doing WoE. Let alone becoming the a leading figure in a WoE guild.

Not like the WoE, PVP / PVM, MVP debate will ever be settled... Some people just dont have any taste for WoE and some people hate mindless grinding.

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2010 11:22 PM by thecursed.)
10-12-2010 11:17 PM
Bipolarsexual

People will have differing opinions on it. I hear there is ALOT of fighting going on in WoE.

So to me I don't get the basis of the argument. Last year it got to a point where with three castles alot thought WoE was boring.

Now, there appears to be all kinds of chaos & action between the two guilds.

So, perhaps say why the current situation is a problem.

I mean some over time I'm sure will join in WoE, at least occasionally. But what you'd want is serious WoEers that are focused on winning & gearing.

Even I'll admit I don't have the makeup to farm my whole guild WoE gears & Cards everyday. So to me sure most may not WoE on here...but unless you encourage them too all you may get is people who are either just messing around for laghs or who are going about it halfheartedly.
10-12-2010 11:23 PM
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

Matrim Cauthon Jr Wrote:Now, there appears to be all kinds of chaos & action between the two guilds.

I would like for there to be more than two guilds that control the tides of WoE. In the past there were many other guilds. In the beginning when i joined there was:

LW, LoA, DD, CDZ, Apoc, Behe.
even a few years later after LW dropped out there was:
LoA and DD who eventually made STD, Behe, Apoc, Revanga and NE

There was originally 3 castles open in non-trans when our population was under 100 players including merchants. Now there is 2 castles with 500+ population. Even in WoE now Payon is empty until the last 5-10 minutes of WoE.

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
10-13-2010 06:06 PM