Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Animes overall ^_^
Blu3Tig3r Offline
Legend At Work

RE: Animes overall ^_^

Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho, and .hack//SIGN;//Legend of the Twilight.
10-24-2005 02:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Balmung Offline
Knight of Midgar

Did you watch Spirited Away Sirona?
10-24-2005 01:12 PM
sirona Away
Eh?!

Balmung Wrote:Did you watch Spirited Away Sirona?

Yes, I did watch Spirited Away. Creeped me out.. >_<" (yeah, I don't like weird monsters coming out of nowhere...) But I have to admit the story line that goes with it isn't too bad. I just prefer cute stuff.

Semper vigilans.

Living my life like a ninja... so, leave me alone... *vanish*
10-24-2005 05:50 PM
Ryxingeir Offline
waffooo!!

Hehe, Ghibli Icon_wink

Sprited Away is kinda creepy (kinda read: really really) but i think it's a good movie, one of my favorites next to Alien Nine (for some reason i enjoy it because of how creepy it is /swt) n_n

The first time i ever saw Princess Mononoki (Mononoki no Hime), a Japanese exchange student at my high school had loaned it to my family, i was so busy back then i only got to watch part of it, but that subtitled version really stuck with me, and i haven't ever watched it with the english dubbing n_n

I've seen part of My Neighbor Totoro, but i don't really remember it that well...??I have Kiki's Delivery Service on one of my 80+ tapes??in my room somewhere /swt

... and... i haven't seen Howl's Moving Castle yet, but i'd like to eventually.

[Image: so2vjd.png]

[Yuri - baby assassin]  [Coral Ways - high wizard]
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2005 07:26 PM by Ryxingeir.)
10-24-2005 07:25 PM
sirona Away
Eh?!

Ryxingeir Wrote:... and... i haven't seen Howl's Moving Castle yet, but i'd like to eventually.

Icon_cool Howl's so cute and handsome as an anime character! *drools*

Umm... I actually went out to buy "Howl's Moving Castle" in book (the one that the Ghibli guy adapted for this movie) and read it. I think I prefer the movie better. Icon_lol

Semper vigilans.

10-24-2005 08:32 PM
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

Grave of the fireflies was good...horribly depressing- but good.

Love Hina, Fushigi Yuuigi and Ah!Megami-sama (yeahhh, I'm a romantic sap.)

Naruto...the subbed version, not the god awful dubbed one that butchered it.

FMA

Princess Mononoki

Candidate for Goddess...I think I was the only person that liked it. Icon_cry

Cowboy Bebop is always a classic, as is Trigun.

Chobits..I've only seen a few episodes- which were good. Some day I'll finish the series.

I know I'm missing about a few dozen from the list, but my brain is fried. x.x;;
10-25-2005 02:39 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Yeah Howl is good, visually equally beautiful as all ghibli movies. I liked the story too, it's not my favorite amongst ghibli, but it's definatly a great movie.

Another movie I liked, not ghibli but ressembling the genre very much is The Boy Who Saw The Wind.

Grave of the fireflies was indeed depressing, but it's well set with the time it depicts, if you like the genre I recommend Barefoot Gen (another sorta depressing WW2 anime).
10-25-2005 10:17 AM
Muzzle Offline
Puppy-dog

Grave of the Fireflies had me friggin' crying by the end of it. Good lord. ;;

But it's wonderful. Spirited Away, I've kinda fallen in love with. Yeah, yeah, it's mainstream and so totally overglorified, but I don't care. It's great. As are both the Vampire Hunter D's, even if the first does definitely show it's age. Armitage, Those Who Hunt Elves, 3x3 Eyes, Princess Mononoke...all worth mentioning, as well. Icon_biggrin Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing, Fruits Basket, Love Hina (for Sakura Saku, if nothing else x_x), Berserk, Bastard!, Saiyuki, Wedding Peach (=D)...all good stuff.
10-25-2005 05:45 PM
sirona Away
Eh?!

Grave of the fireflies never made me cry.. like that??Icon_arrowIcon_cry I don't cry that much at movies. For example, during the screening of Titanic, I ended up laughing my head off at the scene where the boat is sinking while my best friend was with her kleenex paper.

I saw Grave of the fireflies when I was a child ~ 7 years old. It had a huge impact on me and I remembered some of the dramatic scenes.. The last time I saw it again was last year and it still traumatizes me in some way. Anti-war stand for me.. that's all I know.

Semper vigilans.

10-25-2005 06:04 PM
GM-Boomy
Unregistered

sirona Wrote:For example, during the screening of Titanic, I ended up laughing my head off at the scene where the boat is sinking while my best friend was with her kleenex paper.

LOL yeah, near the end, when the guy fall on the propellor, that's a classic ^__^ *DONG* XD
10-25-2005 06:51 PM
Quote this message in a reply