Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
heRO to host World Inter-server Tournament 2010
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE:??heRO to host World Inter-server Tournament 2010

Split Ends Wrote:it won't be fair somehow. customs vs donation items vs normal RO. these differs in every server so it may cause lots of conflicts

It just depends on how it's organized really. The old one has a separate server with only officials and all that stuff. So that's not really a concern.

Give server an exposure, yes, but erm what does it really do for the server overall except it's a lot of planning and setup for our GMs in the busiest season with halloween, christmas and valentines relatively close to one another? It gives exposure of our server to who? To others who are here to be proud and prove that their server is better at woe than others, aka people who are probably pretty darn loyal to the server they came from as is. heRO doesn't really benefit in attracting any players this way imho... if we really want to keep up the growth, I think basic fundamentals of preventing downtime, actually getting updates, host suitable amount of events/contests/tourneys, words will spread by themselves or players write positive reviews and we'll still grow without the extra giant showoff.

... or for the GMs' canadian PoV, it's like saying our 1 billion+ G20/G8 meeting did something (in the form of exposure) for Canada according to our good old Harper, while in reality we really didn't do much except dump 1 billion dollars into that awesome fake lake with lawn chairs.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
10-28-2010 01:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

RE:????heRO to host World Inter-server Tournament 2010

azurerogue Wrote:even then I'm not competitive with real top-tier players)

YOU LIE!

Also, no to original topic. Why? Server load? Bad press about lackluster WoE? Lack of (insert something TEH COOLZ)?

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
10-28-2010 06:31 AM
Crazylor Offline
For the Homies...

RE: heRO to host World Inter-server Tournament 2010

Regardless of what you guys say in regards to server embarassment, something has to be done to expose the server and attract attention to it. This is a good first step, so lets try to build on it, rather then immediately trash it. The way I see it, the benefits of this type of event out weigh to the cons of it. This would also be a good event to show our servers potential and our Administration team's power and abilities.
10-28-2010 07:50 AM
hexzerg Offline

Antimind Wrote:If anything the best way to promote heRO through a tourney would be for heRO to have an invitational or simply hold a tourney that's heRO's. That would require having a practice server that would be used for the tourney itself with tourney rules and gears as well as GMs having the time/will to act as refs and such.

Guessing you're new to heRO but the GMs like to make sure things are tested to hell and back before they're released. That takes AGES to do. I've never hosted a tourney but have taken part in enough to guess how much is involved with the setup. It's a hella lot of work and a lot to ask of the GMs.

That is acutally a great idea and it shows players more of what the server is like.

[Image: anjjie7c.png]
10-28-2010 09:15 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Crazylor Wrote:Regardless of what you guys say in regards to server embarassment, something has to be done to expose the server and attract attention to it. This is a good first step, so lets try to build on it, rather then immediately trash it. The way I see it, the benefits of this type of event out weigh to the cons of it. This would also be a good event to show our servers potential and our Administration team's power and abilities.

Oh, good, then you can invest the time needed to plan, organize, carry out, and follow up on the event - right?

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
10-28-2010 10:43 AM
Cobbinator92 Offline
The Boss

1. Shouldn't this be under suggestions?
2. This is not a good idea but its not bad.... I just think you need to think it out through more. I personally would not like this but that doesn't mean others will.

These are bulletproof 24 carat tears of a rapper
10-28-2010 01:27 PM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

RE: ??heRO to host World Inter-server Tournament 2010

Crazylor Wrote:Regardless of what you guys say in regards to server embarassment, something has to be done to expose the server and attract attention to it.

Naked pics from the GM team everyone. NOW.

azurerogue Wrote:Oh, good, then you can invest the time needed to plan, organize, carry out, and follow up on the event - right???

Toss it all into a pretty short time frame, too.

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
10-28-2010 01:37 PM
shuning Offline

Split Ends Wrote:it won't be fair somehow. customs vs donation items vs normal RO. these differs in every server so it may cause lots of conflicts
been discussed in EuphRO b4... i highly dought its fair... it also depends on how long the sever has been up... how corrputed the GMs are... how many botters and hackers the sever have.... and also the donation prizes of each sever(former LR sever AnimaRO, u can get MVP cards for like 10bucks thru donation, now known as TalonRO)...

im just giving a few example of other severs up there.... u think its fair that we compelete with sever like that?

plus... all of u are saying that if heRO host the event we gona get more players... but have u all thought of the otherway around? that we gona lose players due to hosting this event because some people are exposed to other severs (made friends during this event or etc and decides to switch.... )

IGN
Hercules- lvl 95 ME HP [AFK]
Saint Shuning - lvl 95 TU Priest
Shuning - lvl 94 ME HP [Behemoth] Banned
Lord Shuning - lvl 81 Knight [Elixir] Banned

Sing to the Motherland, home of the free,
Bulwark of peoples in brotherhood strong.
O Party of Lenin, the strength of the people,
To Communism's triumph lead us on!

Long Live the Revolution

[Image: userbar739104.gif]
10-28-2010 10:14 PM
Antimind Offline
Elitist Thug

Peeps seem to have missed the entire point of my post (or have no clue how these things work). 9 times of out 10 if a server hosts a tourney NOTHING takes place on the ACTUAL server. The host will set up a SEPERATE server and accounts are ONLY given to those participating. That server is used for team practices and the actual tournies themselves. Gears are provided from lists or npcs to each team as an equal opportunity thing. Everyone has access to the same stuff and the same restrictions on it. VERY rarely do those involved in the tourney from outside the host server ever actually check out or play on the host server... It's just about the prizes. Sometimes cash, sometimes it's something mutually agreed upon by all participants' home server GMs (gear packs, MVP cards, and the like).

The alternative is the less popular type of tourney. That one is held on the actual server and incoming teams are given gear they regularly use on their home servers. This very well could mean GMs handing MVP cards and god items that don't exist here to incoming players for a tourney.

Either option isn't very good for the server itself. At least not to draw players to play on heRO. Tournies are just good ways to get a server name out there. Unfortunately when it comes to competition for WoE and the like heRO lacks the things that do draw players. No BGs, no BG consumables, lack of donation gears, the fact that there are wings, and so on. The rates too. Most of the hardcore WoE pop has "paid their dues" grinding it out. A lot of people just aren't willing to do that much anymore. They usually play on 50x rates at lowest.

Having an incoming guild package to give ENTIRE incoming guilds basic WoE gear and supplies would prolly draw people. A lot of servers offer it now. They either have predetermined lists of things they give per guild and per member or have a "shop" set up and give each person so many credits to purchase from a list of things. Typical items are cranial valks, feather berets, x amount of hydra cards, marc, and the like. I'm pretty sure most of the population and the GMs would be against handing packages like that out to players just arriving.

[Image: smokies-sig.png]
10-28-2010 11:27 PM
shuning Offline

Why can't rms just host this on their own test sever?

IGN
Hercules- lvl 95 ME HP [AFK]
Saint Shuning - lvl 95 TU Priest
Shuning - lvl 94 ME HP [Behemoth] Banned
Lord Shuning - lvl 81 Knight [Elixir] Banned

Sing to the Motherland, home of the free,
Bulwark of peoples in brotherhood strong.
O Party of Lenin, the strength of the people,
To Communism's triumph lead us on!

Long Live the Revolution

[Image: userbar739104.gif]
10-28-2010 11:49 PM