Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
heRO to host World Inter-server Tournament 2010
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

RE: heRO to host World Inter-server Tournament 2010

Should we start selling shirts that say:

"I wanted an SVN update and all I got was this tshirt SVN update"? Icon_sad

SVN updates are SVN updates. They provide the base for future content updates. Don't expect them all to come at a single time. We already have a lot fo testing to do already for SVNs, without worrying about making and testing new content at the same time.
If you do that, you'll find some very burnt out, tired, grumpy GMs.

As for instances, don't get??me started.
I had to fix eAthena's release of Orc's Memory already, and didn't even think about starting to fix Sealed Shrine yet (Torches, special mob spawns, and item giving to the ghost guy alone are broken, and that's where we stopped testing for that one. We had other priorities.)

So, heRO WILL get more new, big, shiny content in the future, but if you want it all at SVN time, that means nothing for the rest of the year, as we'll just be saving up the work we do during that time to release for SVN~

GMs lately have just been working their own behinds of with server secruity, the mass of holiday events happening, real life, everyday server running and the such.
I think a lot of people don't realise how exhausting it can be at times.

As for the original post:

I found the thread this stems from on RMS.
yC doesn't offer to help organise it, she simply says they will promote it, but will try to do so without plastering the hosting server's name to it, as when they did that last year, users were very unhappy that a supposedly unbiased place like RMS was pushing another server's name around.

My personal Circe's personal opinion opinion that it wouldn't be worthwhile advertise for the work involved by a long shot.
Many players will be there, representing their servers that they are already loyal to. The name of another server popping up won't entice them to come here alone.
So, what would? Seeing our customs?
As you wouldn't have the quests, etc in the server, and only the gears, this would serve to alienate the players when they come across our customs.
If they find it filled with heRO customs, they'd probably feel alienated from the competition instead, and perhaps even call that heRO is giving heavy bias to its own participants.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

10-30-2010 01:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply