BREAD is RAW TOAST

[Image: 375d8dddd0e9143a2869cda6fd81b2d2.jpg]

UST-AMV CoA student... survivor
11-03-2010 05:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE: Auction: Saturday, November 27th, 2010 at 10:00AM

Let's just say server expanded from having collective sum of zeny from 18 billion in february to 63 billion *after* bday week.Nvm I'm full of crap. It's 13 to 19, the 63 was for something else =p soooo not a quadriple boost but very roughly 50% boost. Quite exaggeration isn't it.

So we do need zeny sink, but we don't throw them in every direction regardless of the means to achieve it.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2010 07:39 PM by Namine.)
11-03-2010 01:13 PM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

Where did 63 billion come from?

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
11-03-2010 01:21 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE:??Auction: Saturday, November 27th, 2010 at 10:00AM

Ultima_Pi Wrote:Where did 63 billion come from?

Ask aya he supplied the numbers, or I just remembered it wrong from the MSN chat =p

Ok I went to do a log check for my chat history and found the right numbers now \o/ 50% inflate not 300%

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2010 07:39 PM by Namine.)
11-03-2010 07:34 PM
Zaratus Away
Bastard

It was ~13 bil -> ~19 bil in 9 months including the 5.2 bil zeny sink from hero bday.

Ayantis 99/70 High Priest
Draven 99/70 Sniper
Mordred 99/70 Whitesmith
Yuugi Hoshiguma 99/70 Champ

Shop closed due to HeRO being uninstalled.
Feel free to ask me for MSN or stuff.
11-03-2010 07:44 PM
Rurouni Kalain Away
Loves Tacos

My two bits.

Although a de-carder in theory would be awesome, I've had it on past servers..and what does it cause? People not buying cards as much as they are hoping hoping that they can remove a card from something so that they can put it in something greater later..which they could. Wish as a result, fewer cards are bought, which is a major area of the servers economy.

Also, it makes new players question what they are doing, thinking for the longer term and causing them to not card things because they may want to card them later. Though it does lower the price for cards and that evens things out in that area, it would make it harder to get zeny for other things to put the cards into.

I for one am glad that I don't have to worry about that on this server, and I believe it should remain that way and I'm glad it was removed. Icon_biggrin

I do what I can.
"*gasp* You have HOW many of that item?"
I'm freaking Kalain baby. Accept no substitutes.

Kalain - Lord Knight 99/69
Bomoke - Blacksmith - 8x/4x

bool freeTime = false;
if(freeTime)
   game();
else
   school();
(To everyone. I haven't been on much, and I didn't really give much of a goodbye because I've been in contact with some people. Do message me on Yahoo or MSN if you like. I'll come back..just not ready yet.)
11-13-2010 03:29 PM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

RE:??Auction: Saturday, November 27th, 2010 at 10:00AM

Namine Wrote:Problem is, 5 years passed and we've always said "no" to decarder. Why change in mind and break the words now? Also if there's decard which is a huge deal in style of server gameplay/card economy, I rather have it so it's there for everyone, or it's not there at all, and not this half-half thing that seems to be added in not because of some strong reasoning to why it'll be a good addition to the server, but this is done for the sake of sink zeny only. Again, I'm sure we have better options if we only want to sink zeny.

Because they can & have recently on other issues. The accounts for real life cash being banned.

As for a Decarder NPC or Auction, I'm fine with both. If it was an NPC I'd use it yes. Would it bother me? No. I don't buy the "imbalanced" argument. People will still have to get the cards/gear before they even worry about that NPC/Service.

Also, I recall a thread where it was said if you get a great card you have to choose which gear you put it in then and live with it....Prob is Hero & RO in general are steadily adding new content & gears. If you put a rare card in something state of the art 3 or 4 years ago...It's maybe your fourth best option now.

So logic would say never card uber rare cards because in time you'll always miss out on it in better gear.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2010 01:54 PM by Matrim Cauthon Jr.)
11-15-2010 01:49 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

What's hilarious is in officials they are getting a decarder of sorts probably in the near future, its been listed in the updates on iro wiki forums. Granted you usually will probably only save the card or gear, but just wanted to point it out that officials are taking a lot of things from more casual private servers.

I personally feel it doesn't ruin balance to have it in the game, but hey, my idea of game balance probably doesn't run perfectly with most other people's.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-15-2010 02:43 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

thing is Aaron, a decarder (be it save the equip OR the card) would still mean LESS zeny/item/card sink. Since RO NPCs have an unlimited supply of zeny or item or card we could hunt, less sinks mean more inflation, and inflation kills.

-w-
11-15-2010 09:43 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Don't forget that official is almost like milking the last drop in the cow at this stage, at least for iRO. It's a server that's doing those boxes stuff with potentially insane prizes and magic card album... if you buy them.

11-15-2010 11:17 PM