Poll: Big Parties:
I don't mind them
I prefer smaller parties (please explain in more detail)
I LOVE them
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I Hate Big Parties!
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE: I Hate Big Parties!

Except it's a lot of assumptions for the formula to be true. Again, tapping with that many players is hard. It's too likely that the monster dies before even half of the party tapped.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2010 02:47 AM by Namine.)
11-11-2010 02:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Crazylor Offline
For the Homies...

Maybe in some places, but in necros a whole party can tap.
11-11-2010 07:51 AM
Henvar Offline

RE:??I Hate Big Parties!

Crazylor Wrote:Maybe in some places, but in necros a whole party can tap.

true especially with a pro lurer which can handle a big mob

Henvar - Wiz
Henvar 2.0-Thief
VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
11-11-2010 08:31 AM
Zaratus Away
Bastard

I will just overhear the sarcasm.

Ayantis 99/70 High Priest
Draven 99/70 Sniper
Mordred 99/70 Whitesmith
Yuugi Hoshiguma 99/70 Champ

Shop closed due to HeRO being uninstalled.
Feel free to ask me for MSN or stuff.
11-11-2010 08:47 AM
loveapples Offline
I'm around... somewhere

Lust Wrote:That's the reason why I don't really mind big party plus it is safer to be with more people. :D

Certainly not safer when you have idiots who don't know what they are doing or if you have people who are completely not geared for where they are.

Or people who don't know what they are doing exactly, and end up luring monsters from behind or running into a mob for no apparent reason.
11-11-2010 12:04 PM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

^ That. There is not usually strength in numbers (outside of BB/DB rooms)
11-11-2010 01:30 PM
RoChickita Offline
Fluffy things are soft

You don't always have idiots in parties lol. And I disagree, if all members are non-idiots, then there is definitely strength in numbers ^_^

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXX_NFn-pG-HH6B4nYvYe...yhUChJyYaI]
11-11-2010 03:02 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RoChickita Wrote:if all members are non-idiots

Sadly, that's a really big if.

The biggest problem isn't always skill problem, but really you gotta have that pasana and bathory armor to stay alive in some of those places =/ Like... please, please don't answer the calls for a thor party if you don't even have pasana or at least water armor with a valk shield...

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
11-11-2010 03:40 PM
Crazylor Offline
For the Homies...

I've played with a big party, unless you have many of the same classes (excluding snipers/hunters), or loads of useless classes that don't help much, it's very hard to ruin a large party.
11-11-2010 04:12 PM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

The theory of, 'well if we have enough people we can just smack it do death' doesn't sit well with me.

Sure, if you get 1,000 people online and they all do 1,000 points each to an mvp you can get out 1,000,000 points of damage. Or you can get 4 people that support each other and drop the same MVP in less time than it took you to get those thousand people together.

I agree, if you get enough people trageting a monster and damaging it, it sooner or later will die.
I do not agree that it is a good idea or worth while to do something like that.

Also, many times when we have dice invasions or DB events, you should all be able to see that the 'let's just throw more people at it' tactic does not work. You can grab 30 people and start throwing them at Piamette or Bishop and somehow or another the MvP doesn't die. Once everyone gives up, three people (wizard, bard, priest) walk up and in two minutes the MvP is on its back, the wizard has the little MvP sign pop above his head, and the other twenty people scratch their heads and wonder why in the world they weren't able to drop Bishop or Piamette.

If you're going to try to say, well an organized large party of good players is better- I would say that a good player understands when they are not needed and just dragging the group down. A good player would never agree to being extra weight just to get extra people into the party.
11-11-2010 08:49 PM