Poll: Big Parties:
I don't mind them
I prefer smaller parties (please explain in more detail)
I LOVE them
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I Hate Big Parties!
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: I Hate Big Parties!

LOL @ Wiz dropping Piamette...I call BULLCRAP!...Well maybe not, but you're going to want a lot of Pneumas later for when the mighty HJ spam comes out.

And jeez do some of you sound elitist enough???I swear some of you sound like you wouldn't take a friend or guild member on a party if they weren't the "proper" class for a place, or up to your perceived and needed skill level.??Typically if a player is playing a decent build (even some of the more gimmicky ones) correctly, they will wind up doing fine in a party.??There are tons of configurations this server doesn't do, but so many of you are scared to do such configurations.

But no, let's not work to make several types of teams work in a place, instead let's only use the one team setup we know as kind of fast!??

I guess people just can't be pleased with making something just work, and even if its not at top efficiency, at least you're getting something done with others instead of soloing on your own on for that last stupid PPE card or whatever the hell hasn't dropped for two weeks. ;o

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2010 09:22 PM by Aaronock.)
11-11-2010 09:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
loveapples Offline
I'm around... somewhere

I've dropped a piamette on my wiz... in an organized BB party. >.>
11-11-2010 10:47 PM
shoeless Offline

RE:??I Hate Big Parties!

Aaronock Wrote:And jeez do some of you sound elitist enough???I swear some of you sound like you wouldn't take a friend or guild member on a party if they weren't the "proper" class for a place, or up to your perceived and needed skill level.??Typically if a player is playing a decent build (even some of the more gimmicky ones) correctly, they will wind up doing fine in a party.??There are tons of configurations this server doesn't do, but so many of you are scared to do such configurations.

But no, let's not work to make several types of teams work in a place, instead let's only use the one team setup we know as kind of fast!??

I guess people just can't be pleased with making something just work, and even if its not at top efficiency, at least you're getting something done with others instead of soloing on your own on for that last stupid PPE card or whatever the hell hasn't dropped for two weeks. ;o

Agreed
Taking friends with their random classes that is different from the"normal" and make it work.
I believe it can be more fun and you learn more if the alternate is a fail or not. It just called finding new ways to play!
A trouble free party can be boring xD!!

But I do not wanna nameless with 12 people :<!! Unless it is like all super novice then I do not mind, I wanna see how far they can go.

Kiteless - Suicidal High Priest
Voiceless - Suicidal Gypsy
11-12-2010 04:00 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Aaronock Wrote:if a player is playing a decent build (even some of the more gimmicky ones) correctly, they will wind up doing fine in a party.?

That's one big "if" again.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
11-12-2010 04:32 AM
Crazylor Offline
For the Homies...

Adrillf Wrote:The theory of, 'well if we have enough people we can just smack it do death' doesn't sit well with me.

Sure, if you get 1,000 people online and they all do 1,000 points each to an mvp you can get out 1,000,000 points of damage. Or you can get 4 people that support each other and drop the same MVP in less time than it took you to get those thousand people together.

I agree, if you get enough people trageting a monster and damaging it, it sooner or later will die.
I do not agree that it is a good idea or worth while to do something like that.

Also, many times when we have dice invasions or DB events, you should all be able to see that the 'let's just throw more people at it' tactic does not work. You can grab 30 people and start throwing them at Piamette or Bishop and somehow or another the MvP doesn't die. Once everyone gives up, three people (wizard, bard, priest) walk up and in two minutes the MvP is on its back, the wizard has the little MvP sign pop above his head, and the other twenty people scratch their heads and wonder why in the world they weren't able to drop Bishop or Piamette.

If you're going to try to say, well an organized large party of good players is better- I would say that a good player understands when they are not needed and just dragging the group down. A good player would never agree to being extra weight just to get extra people into the party.

This is a game, good or not, you need to learn to have fun mate. If you don't learn to enjoy the game, you'll end up like most people that just sit around all day chatting, because they think they can't do the same by all forming a party and going to nameless. Why? because they consider it work, because they never attempted actually have fun. All you guys do is, serious, serious... I've never played a game where people rage at losing 1%, it's kinda funny.
11-12-2010 06:21 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

^what he said, i used to let my exp drain from @die just because i don't care... i was playing my monk back then, and i never let him drain his SP completely so i always had sp to teleport and i always bring =< 5 butterfly wings on all of my chars regardless if they have the tele skill or not... man @die was fun...

-w-
11-14-2010 11:33 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: ??I Hate Big Parties!

Crazylor Wrote:
Adrillf Wrote:The theory of, 'well if we have enough people we can just smack it do death' doesn't sit well with me.

Sure, if you get 1,000 people online and they all do 1,000 points each to an mvp you can get out 1,000,000 points of damage. Or you can get 4 people that support each other and drop the same MVP in less time than it took you to get those thousand people together.

I agree, if you get enough people trageting a monster and damaging it, it sooner or later will die.
I do not agree that it is a good idea or worth while to do something like that.

Also, many times when we have dice invasions or DB events, you should all be able to see that the 'let's just throw more people at it' tactic does not work. You can grab 30 people and start throwing them at Piamette or Bishop and somehow or another the MvP doesn't die. Once everyone gives up, three people (wizard, bard, priest) walk up and in two minutes the MvP is on its back, the wizard has the little MvP sign pop above his head, and the other twenty people scratch their heads and wonder why in the world they weren't able to drop Bishop or Piamette.

If you're going to try to say, well an organized large party of good players is better- I would say that a good player understands when they are not needed and just dragging the group down. A good player would never agree to being extra weight just to get extra people into the party.

This is a game, good or not, you need to learn to have fun mate. If you don't learn to enjoy the game, you'll end up like most people that just sit around all day chatting, because they think they can't do the same by all forming a party and going to nameless. Why? because they consider it work, because they never attempted actually have fun. All you guys do is, serious, serious... I've never played a game where people rage at losing 1%, it's kinda funny.
Sorta reminds me of that Little sister/neighbor girl who gets so pissed off when she loses at chess/checkers that??if she even thinks she's going to lose they're going to toss the board and all of the pieces on the floor and run off.

I admit, when I want to level I sorta get more irritable than normal when I lose that exp, when just about everything I can solo easily gives 0.01 or less exp per kill.

Also, I don't have as much fun in large parties, because it makes me feel not as important. Say, we're in a party of 12. Lets say that party has 3 priests, 2 Wizards, A Bard,A gypsy, a devo-pally, a knight for mobbing,??and 2 snipers and one Tag-along Merch with a cart full of ygg leaves and potions/fish to share with the lure. Say you are one of the priests.??Basically the only thing you get to do is buff the people who are whining because their buffs ran out, and heal the people who need it. And for the most part, two priests could handle that task. so you could just theoretically just run along and not do anything, but you have to use skills to make people think you're still doing crap in all of the confusion.

On the other hand. Imagine 2 of those priests were Replaced with more Squishy characters Like a sage and an agi knight.??THEN, you're stuck supporting ALL of the party on your lonesome. Quite often you lose track of what people look like, so you can't buff them like that, so you use the party window. Oops I'm sorry, while you were screaming for buffs you walked out of range so party window can't buff you whoever you are, you can go without.??OMG the lurer needs heals! *spaz*??I don't know how, but??the snipers both died.??Some asshat in party dragged a whole buncha crap right into the party and it's a near wipe. For some reason the bard decided to go up and tank the stuff that's caught in Storm gust.??And the gypsy was Autofollowing the bard. AHahvhsdagsdhagfajGDFSYTFDagbvia TOO MUCH SHIT GOING ON! *wants to teleport out and ditch the party*

Half the time I don't have a clue what's going on, and it's just a game of Follow the leader.

On the otherhand, I have a good time in 2-4 person parties and I still get my share of exp. Also, OC loots are received because they're not like a cards drop rate with the Loot share. I feel important because??I don't have the luxury of being lazy in those parties, and it's my duty to make people don't die, and that their damage is on par with my buffs.??There's a good balance between the things I have to do.

And because I'm not overwhelmed with like 7-8 people screaming at me, there's far more room for stupidity and play, I can compensate for that.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2010 01:42 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
11-14-2010 01:37 PM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

Aaronock Wrote:And jeez do some of you sound elitist enough???I swear some of you sound like you wouldn't take a friend or guild member on a party if they weren't the "proper" class for a place, or up to your perceived and needed skill level.

Hi, my name is Jen, and I am elitist.

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
11-14-2010 01:58 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Jen I know you're an elitist bitch, but you make good lovin's in bed, so I forgive you *-*

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
11-14-2010 04:46 PM
loveapples Offline
I'm around... somewhere

RE: ??I Hate Big Parties!

Namine Wrote:
Aaronock Wrote:if a player is playing a decent build (even some of the more gimmicky ones) correctly, they will wind up doing fine in a party.?

That's one big "if" again.

Baby Rogue lure... Icon_biggrin
11-14-2010 06:58 PM