Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Critsin
Hiroishime Offline

RE: Critsin

Quote:Yah pretty much this.
You and I share a lot of similar views I've noticed Chard.

yay :D

Quote:I have a friend who went 99 str 99 Agi and the rest to vit
He had trip crit jur
and morrigaine's set and he would crit all the time
he also had an armor with a card in it that will give you 1 luk per 18 agi?

his sonic blow was laughable though not that he needed to use it at all since his play was basically point and click

i suppose it really depends on how you plan to level your sin,
but seriously though unless its on mobs that has DEF above 40,
racial/attributes carded elemental jur will do much more.

for sleepers you can do 3 SS/ 3goblin steamrider on a fire katar,
it is actually pretty good unless you have an icepick.

everyone and their mother knows sleeper is very good money and exp, you'll probably level there until 99 from 80+ or whenever you have enough flee.

^____________________________^ /derp
11-19-2010 10:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Well the main things I've heard against crit sins, is the fact that most people use skills to level. There are only 2 skills I know of that use crit in their damage formula (Sharp Shooting and Shadow Slash), and neither of them are obtainable by an Assassin. All of the other skills, crit is essentially useless.

There are only a few monsters in which crit would be useful, either due to impossibly insane flee, or annoyingly high Defense. In the case of the annoyingly high flee, (IE Wanderer or Shecil Damon)it might be an Okay alterntive. Since otherwise your only option on a sin would be Magic from Elemental wings (lols) or Poison attacks that never miss like envenom or venom splasher (which will both probably do more damage faster in the long run).

For the Annoyingly high Defense, there are daggers that make that sorta thing Very tolerable even without crit. Daggers like Weeder Knife, Excorcisor, and Combat Knife will Pierce through the defenses (essentially like a crit, but that def piercing will work with skills too) of their respective races. Also, there is the ever sought after Ice pick, which makes High Defense monsters a complete joke, since the higher their defense, the more damage you will do. If you crit with an Ice pick, Your icepick will do crap damage since crit = Ignores defense, and ignored defence = 0 def. 3

In all honesty, as amusing as the red spiky damage numbers rolling out are, I honestly prefer Double Dagger, and double attack if I want to do that point and click play style, though, admittedly you need decent and carded gears for that to be decent.
11-19-2010 10:36 PM
Babolat3216 Offline
Geek in the Pink

So, how should I build my Sin then? I wanna try a GT/Crit Hybrid lol. How should I build my stats and weapons if I should do it like so?
11-19-2010 11:25 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Either go all crit or don't crit at all. Hybrid crit is pretty terrible...

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
11-20-2010 12:44 AM