Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A>Slotted Elemental Armor[1] SOLD! Please give opinions.
Rurouni Kalain Away
Loves Tacos

RE: A>Slotted Elemental Armor[1] ENDS on Dec 21st!

Unexpected update!:
Someone who has asked to be left as a "Blind Bid" has bought the Wind Armor[1] for 200million zeny. Thank you everyone who bid and gave your support to me throughout. Now for some ending thoughts and lessons. I do apologize to those that may have wanted to/would have bid more, but I'm a man of my word--I said I would sell it for that much automatically and I did. However, like the update says I did NOT expect it to sell for that much so SOON. The quickness of it was the surprise to me. Because of this I have learned valuable lessons (which was largely what this auction was also about).

I have determined roughly what Elemental Armors[1] are worth now as well as the demand for them.

I have also determined that people like it when there is a solid end date as well as an automatic selling price. With this knowledge I now know that many potential bidders were leery about bidding when they did not know these things. Thus, I have decided that the next time that I sell one of these...and I WILL sell one of these again, likely sometime in March~April it will have a end date set from the start, have an automatic selling price, and it will not be as long-winded an auction as this one. I promise. ^_^ Ha ha.

All of this info really helps me know how to do things for next time, I do however have a question for everyone interested. I took the Blind Bid this time because:
1. I had not thought about that occurrence so I felt it wasn't fair to say that I would not allow it since I did not address it.

2. It was the bid for automatic selling of it, and thus was not subject to being looked at and analyzed by other possible bidders for outbidding.

However, I would like to get a standard for the future. What does everyone else think? As you well know, these things are very powerful for WoE and thus it would be to your advantage if the your enemy did not know that you had it. If I allow it in the future for every bid, then I worry that many people will ONLY bid this way, and I do not want that, nor do I believe would other people wanting to bid.
For a week or so I ask that those with opinions/questions on this please post them here. Even though the auction has ended, I think that's a reasonable thing to request considering everything. If a GM disagrees with that please feel free to let me know.

I have this idea. I will allow blind bidding, but ONLY if it is for the automatic selling price. This way it gives a further incentive for someone to buy it at that price, they will remain anonymous. So yeah. That's it for now! Icon_biggrin Please leave your opinions. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Final note: Congrats to the person that got it for 200mil this time, consider this what it was---the start of something...because from what I have learned, next time the automatic selling price(IF there is one.) is going to be higher. It's supply and demand after all. xD You have been so warned. Icon_biggrin So again, thank you everyone for your opinions and such in this matter. Next auction will be shorter. Icon_biggrin

I do what I can.
"*gasp* You have HOW many of that item?"
I'm freaking Kalain baby. Accept no substitutes.

Kalain - Lord Knight 99/69
Bomoke - Blacksmith - 8x/4x

bool freeTime = false;
if(freeTime)
   game();
else
   school();
(To everyone. I haven't been on much, and I didn't really give much of a goodbye because I've been in contact with some people. Do message me on Yahoo or MSN if you like. I'll come back..just not ready yet.)
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2010 06:55 AM by Rurouni Kalain.)
12-16-2010 01:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Herman Offline
Tank of your Dreams

RE: A>Slotted Elemental Armor[1] SOLD! Please give opinions.

edit: not worth my time

edit 2: the whole A> ends 24 hours after last bid was a great idea. Valuing items over zeny past a market price was a personal choice but I agree because of heRO's economy.??

The choice to make an autosell price.. crippled your sale potential, not only this A> but ones after it too.??

you basically had 4 bidders on this item (more realistically 3, but lets be PC here =])??if you assume that most of the server knew of the auction (which it looks like you do because of your comment on views the thread has had) then it looks like there were only 2 (oops, 3) people who were willing to go over 100m zeny. Next time you get one of these armors, how much do you think you'll get???

I hope for your sake that the demand/pocketbooks of a lot of people increases between now and then, because if not you're generally always going to get less from the second auction than you did from the first.

retired except for..

the Herman Zeny Sink event of 2011.. 3.5b drained and
counting..
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2010 06:10 AM by Herman.)
12-16-2010 04:59 AM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

Too early to use so much brain power, might edit later.

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
12-16-2010 05:43 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I think a lot of people seriously do not realize how boring it is to sit there and race yet, coupled with how many races you'll realistically have to go through also...which is why the value on these armors hasn't really shown up yet.

But I suspect that if anymore of these ele armor auctions pop up that they will go for quite a bit in the future when people try to race for themselves for awhile. xD

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
12-16-2010 08:11 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE:??A>Slotted Elemental Armor[1] SOLD! Please give opinions.

Aaronock Wrote:I think a lot of people seriously do not realize how boring it is to sit there and race yet, coupled with how many races you'll realistically have to go through also...which is why the value on these armors hasn't really shown up yet.?

Or just that the only serious application for slotted elemental armors is in WoE. While they're handy in pvm as well and all, they're just not as much of a boost as they give in WoE. Now consider how many people WoE, and get rid of how many of those people are still trying to assemble +7 tidal combo, valk thara, ED/marc armor as they will much rather focus on "WoE basics" first before these top of the line stuff, that's how many people are left interested in these armors.

Automatic sale price is probably better off without it because items of extreme rarity and limited quantity is probably 'priceless.' Let the bidders battle it out. If they want it enough, they will naturally push it higher. You don't see GMs' fairy auction get auto-sell price for same reason.

A flexible deadline of 24 hour bid or 48 hour is sufficient so that you don't have people just waiting for "last minute bid" like eBay when that last bid may not be the items' highest bid (just the fastest bid before the deadline.) It's fair for all interested bidders to decide who gets it by zeny and not timing then.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
12-16-2010 02:23 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

+1 what Nami, Aaron, and Herman said...

patience is a virtue, had you just set the bid+24 hour deadline and waited it out, imho you could probably have gotten double... sure willingness to pay for it might diminish over time, and that probably only 2 will contend for it. But those 2 people know that they can easily recoup their zeny at the very least 10x faster than it would take them to play the minigame, so they'll be willing to dollop out quite a lot imho

anyway, i'm sure the rarity of this item will remain quite high so next time you (or anyone else for that matter) auction something this rare, you should probably wait it out... Ok

-w-
12-16-2010 08:24 PM
Rurouni Kalain Away
Loves Tacos

Thank you all for your opinions on this matter, both positive and negative cirques. Indeed, I believe this has just about filled in all the gaps for making the 'perfect' auction or rather, the perfect conditions for an auction; both for myself and for this particular item. I thank you all. *bows head*

It's like Aaronock said the main difficulty always was knowing the demand for these items. I was on completely new territory here. Thanks to this long process I now have most of the data that I was hoping for...and then some. One of the largest being from this final bit that occurred. The Scientific method states that when conducting an experiment one should only change one variable at a time--and I failed in that! *chuckles* Of course it's not that cut and dry, but my point is still there I believe.

There is little contention when I say that indeed, they are useful primarily for WoE. It's also true there are only so many people that would actually go for this, some which I lost out on due to my non-set end date.~~~ What is also true is that this does take a lot of time...and I'm not sure if after I sell the next one if I'll bother doing it again. At least not for quite some time. It really does take a long time to do and as school get's more serious and my life, well, GETTING more of one, it will take me longer and longer to do it..and it may not be worth that time. Icon_biggrin Heck, my dad said that he hasn't even seen/talked with me much for the last month at all..both because of school/races and then RO. So..yeah. I'm changing when I said the next one will be sold---don't expect it until May 2011, if you see it up before then, hey then I guess I'm doing well at managing things.

Still open for comments or questions.

I do what I can.
"*gasp* You have HOW many of that item?"
I'm freaking Kalain baby. Accept no substitutes.

Kalain - Lord Knight 99/69
Bomoke - Blacksmith - 8x/4x

bool freeTime = false;
if(freeTime)
   game();
else
   school();
(To everyone. I haven't been on much, and I didn't really give much of a goodbye because I've been in contact with some people. Do message me on Yahoo or MSN if you like. I'll come back..just not ready yet.)
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2010 06:51 AM by Rurouni Kalain.)
12-17-2010 04:26 AM