Poll: Should more castles be open for smaller guilds to also get a chance at being part of the woe scene?
Yes, we should give it a try.
No, smaller guilds have to figure themselves out or stay out
Perhaps allies should have access to RAW items too (OCA in its true form rather than request a card from a list)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Woe is descrimination!
thecursed Offline
The Great Saiyaman!!

RE: Woe is descrimination!

I only really saw LS the first 5-10 minutes of WoE.

Trowa - Retired Noob

Quoted for truth:
azurerogue Wrote:Players leaving the server (recently) has nothing to do with quests.  We leave because we're bored.  HeRo is an excellent server, and I'm not relocating to a new one - I'm just bored with RO in general and I have way too much going on personally to commit time here.
01-06-2011 10:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

@ROchikita & Aaron:
Garuda Pancasila is just a social guild aimed at reducing the amount of ppl from Indonesia who end up in the ban list just because they were negligent. Been kinda inactive lately, but at one point we probably did have 1-2 ppl messing around in WOE although they're probably closely affiliated to FP or some other guild at that point.

@Nami and Corp
though i understand your concerns, what i proposed in the other thread shouldn't be too radical, just a more flexible schedule for Asian-Australian players. Say Saturday perhaps... i still think it's doable as most ppl who WOE at 1 PM Sunday could probably still attend 1 PM Saturday anyway. Well perhaps Europeans would want to hang out on their saturday nights, but meh let's write them off as geeks as well Laugh

ORRR i did see there was a thread of sorts that was open to the suggestion of a trial 3rd WOE time. What say we try out that 1 PM server time saturday slot, offer all the same bells and whistles, and see what turnout we get...

-w-
01-06-2011 10:31 PM
RoChickita Offline
Fluffy things are soft

@mahawirasd It's good to see social guilds holding each other up =D

The issue with ally guilds is that allies don't get access to dungeons or guild quest either. It would be fun if these things could be extended. That way, smaller guilds CAN ally to become stronger AND woe while getting the same privileges. More Castles still would be an ideal solution though

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXX_NFn-pG-HH6B4nYvYe...yhUChJyYaI]
01-06-2011 10:35 PM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

As per tradition, time to catch EVERYONE up to the WoE discussions.

Ready- set- GO!

First and foremost- this thread covers up the junk that I previously searched through and found for you kids.

http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=13559

Now for all of the other ones that have happened since that date-
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=15046
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=16775
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=16809
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=17114
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=16770

Because WoE usually brings up discussion about BG-
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=15066

One of my personal favorites-
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=12370

Read up, study what has already been said, stop sounding like a broken record, and I'll comment with more than a handful of links to educate you on what has already been said over the past 3-4 years.

Enjoy your homework.

Edit: I do realize I left out one thing to help out all of you 'new' people to HeRO- time for the possible guild names that will all mean the same thing 'Team Anti-Behemoth' (I'm just working down the guild ranking list because the chronological order is a bit sketchy in my mind)

Death Dealers (DD)
Lords of Anarchy (LoA)
Legendary Wariors (LW)
RObots
Seraph
Flying Pancakes
FN Pirates
Severe Tire Damage (STD)
Revenga
Ascension
Aesthetic
Apocalypse (Apoc)

The list is not comprehensive. There are most likely one or two missing, at least, but you get the point. If it's not Behe that the person is talking about, you have about a 99% chance that it's the same group that progresses from one guild to the next.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2011 11:07 PM by Adrillf.)
01-06-2011 10:57 PM
Child of Bodom Offline
The Satelite

YOU FORGOT AFK !!!! !!!!

Animal Path 99/70 Sniper
Asura Path 99/70 Champ
Deva Path 99/70 LK
Human Path 99/70 CLOWN
General Bo 96/67 WS /gg
Raine Sage 99/70 HP
My Name Is Phil 99/70
Jin Kazumi 98/69 LK
Boromir 83/59 Pally
I'm a Champ 93/50 Monk!
The Lionhawk 86/50 Wizard
Strip 76/48 Rogue

Im going to stand out above the crowd. Even if I got to
Shout out loud, Til mine is the only face that you'll see,
Im gonna stand out, til you notice me
01-07-2011 12:27 AM
Navis Offline
Lime in the Coconut

I always wondered why we don't just make our guild Team Anti-Behemoth.

[Image: maxballs.jpg]
01-07-2011 01:03 AM
Eldakar Offline
DevYne SublYme KevYne

Some guild in that list was here way before behe.

Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.
01-07-2011 01:50 AM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

All of those guilds are people that I could recognize as someone I have WoE-ed against. LoA is the only one that was really pre-Behe, but they were in existence when I first was a sage sitting in Payon, and then they later came back in the shuffle somewhere along the line while I was a prof. I remember somewhere in there going up against King Kisho and the sort. As for them being 'way' before Behe, it's at most a year-ish the seperation between the creation of LoA and Behe.

But we're getting off topic.

Admitedly, as stated before, anti-Behe guilds are missing from the list. But the point is always the same.

Complaint #1- WoE is unfair because other people are geared.
Complaint #2- WoE is boring because there's not enough people.
Complaint #3- We need more castles.
Complaint #4- We need more people.
Complaint #5- I hate loosing.
Complaint #6- WoE doesn't work for my time zone.
Complaint #7- God items- over powered, unfair, I hate them, destroy them all, my life sucks, blah blah blah blah blah
Complaint #8- I want battle grounds.

Answer to #1- We had to gear too. Sure, some people inherited their gears and levels, but most of us had to gear just like you. If you want to play with the big boys, expect to put in the same amount of time as we did.

Answer to #2- So get more people to join the server. Complaining doesn't get us anywhere.

Answer to #3- The GM's are happy with the amount of castles that we have right now. Argue it to the end of the world, but they have decided that until we get more people on the server who actively WoE, we're stuck with two trans, and one non-trans castle to WoE in. The argument of 'let's open everything up' has been brought up half a dozen times, and the answer stays the same- we're stuck with what we have until we get more active players here.

Answer to #4- We would love more people, but as previously stated, complaining isn't going to do much good, and the GM's aren't going to ever change their donation rewards or tactics to earn money to get more people here. Sorry Xev, but the GM's have already decided that they're not going to give us food/pots/whatever that would give an extreme advantage in a WoE setting.

Answer to#5- Awww, you poor baby. Maybe you should just stop trying in life, because I'm sorry, but life is hard and you're not always going to be the top of your class, win every argument, or be the winner on every MMORPG. Welcome to life, things suck, get over it. There's nothing we can do about this one, there's always competition, and there's always a looser. Sorry.

Answer to #6- Hello, and welcome to HeRO. You were aware, the minute you joined HeRO (possibly even the minute or two before you joined) when our WoE times are. They were set, and out of the years this server has been running, have only slightly changed. (Non-trans WoE is not in it's same shape as origionally produced, and Sunday's trans WoE is slightly shorter than what it use to be) I'm sorry to say this, but the times are sort of set in stone. Luckily for you, you have the oportunity to shop around RMS or any top 100 list of servers to find a server that fits what you want.

Answer to #7- God items are powerful, but all things considering, are not the end of the world. Just because someone has one, two, or even three god items in their guild, does not make them invincible. Same goes with GR cards, GTB cards, or whatever else you're going to complain about. All characters, all card sets, have a weakness. Gravity has been REALLY good about making sure that there is always a balance. It might not be an obvious balance, or a blatant one, but there is always something. Yes, it sucks. Yes, it can be annoying. Does it make someone invincible? Not so much. If you only focus on how strong someone is, you'll never be able to see the weakness.

Complaint #8- Battlegrounds has been veto-ed down by the GM's. They want to impliment their own form of BG, but they don't have the manpower to produce it and test it. If you want it, help. It doesn't matter if you know programing, they just need testers. If you don't know who to get in touch with to do testing, I'm sure that Aaronock, Rankin, a GM or six, or whoever is helping out with the R&D group will be able to help you out. Plus, just imagine the complaining that will follow when BG gears get put on the server. That's a whole new level of, 'but they have gears and I don't'. You also have to think about the population size that's needed to do a propper BG, we can't just coppy paste, we need to customize to fit our population (hence the massive amount of R&D needed).
01-07-2011 03:46 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

DD was around before Behe (formed in early summer 2007). LW was really big too and definitely existed before Behe did. The only thing with DD is that it was really small for a long long time.

And I am surprised my guild didn't get a mention, it was probably the last newish guild to stick around for longer than a month. We died tons, lost tons, and eventually got a castle on occasion in probably one of the hardest times EVER to make a WoE guild in. We fought during the period when ReVe, Behe, LoA/STD, and Apoc were all fighting each other everywhere. I don't claim that my guild was the best, but yah, let's not get into why I had to end the guild honestly...but it had nothing to do with us losing in WoE. xD

It would be hella easier to get a new guild started up at this time actually. Less competition to deal with. Some people might even leave the other big two guilds to just join in a new guild if someone with the proper drive+charisma came along. But people q-q too much upon losing instead of trying to figure out what they sucked at and what gears as a whole the guild needs.

Not sure if people have the DRIVE anymore to form a new guild and play competitively. Its not easy and you really do need a lot of time to start a guild from the ground up.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
01-07-2011 08:14 AM
Child of Bodom Offline
The Satelite

AFK was around for 6 months....

Animal Path 99/70 Sniper
Asura Path 99/70 Champ
Deva Path 99/70 LK
Human Path 99/70 CLOWN