Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Just a quick gunslinger question
RinsletWalker Offline

RE: Just a quick gunslinger question

It adds a unique spin on a class that's barely played.
01-27-2011 02:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

RE:??Just a quick gunslinger question

RinsletWalker Wrote:It adds a unique spin on a class that's barely played.

I find that hard to understand, how is that unique?

Namine Wrote:Or that again elemental bullet isn't exactly doing much for GS, except to make them even more similar to the archer family than they are now in terms of the way they play... not exactly adding diversity to the pool is it to promote GS as a fun and "unique" class is it~

If you mean making them "different" than they way the are "now"; I'd think there must be a different way to go about it.

I'm not a GS person though. Still waiting for a more insightful post from an experienced GS player... (Points at Jen)
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2011 04:10 AM by Kretzer.)
01-27-2011 04:10 AM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

RinsletWalker Wrote:It adds a unique spin on a class that's barely played.

....Like Naminoob said, it just makes the class more Archer-like. As with any physical damage dealing class, all you have to do is slap an endow on it and call it good.

And in order to be "unique", you need to have a basis for comparison, which in this case should be 2nd class, not trans. Otherwise, you end up comparing something to itself.

The only argument present is "it makes leveling easier"... which would pretty much be the same argument for raising exp rates.

Do ele bullets present any significant benefit to GS? Other than not needing to get an endow, no.

Is it easy to implement? Yes, but that's not really an argument. The appropriate counter-argument would then be "It's another thing that would be tossed onto the GMs are massive list of things to get done".

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
01-27-2011 09:58 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

You can always 99 your GS and get that super duper awesome lower headgear known as the Black Scarf. ;O

That adds some more playability to the GS giving him like 600 more hp and 80 more sp I think?

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
01-27-2011 10:49 AM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

HeRO wiki Wrote:DEX +7
INT +6
Perfect Dodge +5
+1200 HP
+110 SP
+3% Resistance to demi-human

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
01-27-2011 11:13 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Yah see even better than I thought. :>

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
01-27-2011 12:40 PM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

Even better again.
The HP was upgraded to +1337 a while ago, as how can you not have it at that when it was so close already? Icon_razz

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

01-27-2011 12:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Just a question that spawns from OAB users. They get their elements from endows (most commonly asperio and Frost) while they still get the damage bonus from neutral steel arrows. Would that work with guns and Neutral bullets?
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2011 02:28 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
01-27-2011 02:27 PM
RinsletWalker Offline

Okay I don't see how comparing rates (for everyone) is the same as gunslingers bullets (for gunslinger only). It gives them the chance to level in more places and make them more useable in PVM situations. I know for a fact that I would love to join a party and be able to use elements rather than sticking to normal or holy if we're in thors or something. You even said it yourself that this implement would be easy, so I still don't see the problem. It doesn't have to be done right away, and you can edit how much zenny it would cost to do it in my first post. I don't think I'm gonna find a sage to follow me around all day. Do you?
01-27-2011 02:50 PM
Mystic Offline
Legal Assassin

Ngjoko Wrote:ok, did some calculating. You need 2 full blast of desperado to kill harpies, but that's still very hax. No cast time, small/no aftercast delay and you can 2 shot KO harpies with earth bullets. I think other classes still need a lot of effort to kill a mob of those with earth weapons that can be carded.
I do believe even Snipers will have to shoot a few strings of stone arrow sharp shooting on an Earthen Bow to kill that mob of harpies.
RinsletWalker Wrote:And snipers can transcend, making that whole point about them pointless because gunslingers can't. Comparing extended to regular is just a dumb idea.

Snipers ARE transcendant. Sharp Shooting is a SNIPER skill. GS has higher damage mods in their skills than Snipers, at the cost of less elemental flexibility.

Also, you don't need a Sage to follow you around; Endow skills at level 5 last 30 minutes.

[Image: BeheBanner.jpg]

MysticwarrioR ~ Scholar ~ Behemoth
Waldo Jebediah Oswald ~ Rogue ~ Eorum Nox
01-27-2011 03:41 PM