Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Just a quick gunslinger question
Rankin Offline
Durp

RE: Just a quick gunslinger question

It's fast enough mobbing followed by a quick desperado. You don't need elemental bullets. If you must, then buy converters or get an endow. Or use grenade launchers with elemental spheres. They never included elemental bullets (idk why, probably balance issues) but GS class gets along fine without them.
01-27-2011 03:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RinsletWalker Offline

Grenades only get one skill, which is a land mine skill similar to traps. The only way I could possibly level with a grenade launcher is by using the coin skill Triple Action. It's not like these bullets are going to imbalance the whole game if such a small number of people are gonna benefit from it.

and plus, it's not like I'm asking for a gunslinger 2nd class or something. This is such a small implement that will help a small group of people a LOT.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2011 04:34 PM by RinsletWalker.)
01-27-2011 04:05 PM
Rankin Offline
Durp

I wanna see damage on a GR user with elemental bullets o.o I'm curious on that
01-27-2011 04:15 PM
micer Offline
I Burn Trees

RE:??Just a quick gunslinger question

Rankin Wrote:I wanna see damage on a GR user with elemental bullets o.o I'm curious on that

You already can. Use silver bullets \o/

IGNs:
FlySwatter
Yorick
Roadkill
Black Hayate
and so on...
01-27-2011 04:33 PM
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

RE:??Just a quick gunslinger question

RinsletWalker Wrote:I know for a fact that I would love to join a party and be able to use elements rather than sticking to normal or holy if we're in thors or something.

----

You even said it yourself that this implement would be easy, so I still don't see the problem. It doesn't have to be done right away, and you can edit how much zenny it would cost to do it in my first post.
....Yeah ok, you go Desperado a Salamander or a mob of Kasas, tell me how far you get. Better yet, Full Buster one and tell me your damage. Even an Archer (that's 1st class, btw) can out-DPS you there.

This is a standard Thors party mind you, not a HEY LET'S RELY ON THE GS party.

Easy implementation is not an argument for getting anything added to the server. It's too general, and is really only applicable for GM to GM arguments. For player to GM arguments, you need to convince them that there is an actual need for this. "Easier leveling" isn't that great an argument, as leveling is already very easy.

The Legendary Joe Wrote:Just a question that spawns from OAB users. They get their elements from endows (most commonly asperio and Frost) while they still get the damage bonus from neutral steel arrows. Would that work with guns and Neutral bullets?
....? If you made a gun like OAB (+xx% damage with xxxxxx Bullet equpped), then yes. There's currently no gun/shotgun/gatling/launcher that does that.

Rankin Wrote:I wanna see damage on a GR user with elemental bullets o.o I'm curious on that
It's going to suck, even with Holy Bullet, since Dex is so bad.

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
01-27-2011 05:05 PM
RinsletWalker Offline

Did I say people had to rely on me...? I'm confused now. I thought I said leveling PARTY where multiple people act as a TEAM to LEVEL. And also, I would love to hear a gm anytime. It seems regular members are the only ones so far that have seen this.
01-27-2011 07:37 PM
Rankin Offline
Durp

Knowing the GMs I'm sure some have seen it but have yet to post on it.
01-27-2011 07:51 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: ??Just a quick gunslinger question

Ultima_Pi Wrote:
The Legendary Joe Wrote:Just a question that spawns from OAB users. They get their elements from endows (most commonly asperio and Frost) while they still get the damage bonus from neutral steel arrows. Would that work with guns and Neutral bullets?
....? If you made a gun like OAB (+xx% damage with xxxxxx Bullet equpped), then yes. There's currently no gun/shotgun/gatling/launcher that does that.
I was talking about endowing someone with a gun with non-elemental bullets for the elemental property, not something like OAB's bonus for using a specific type of Ammo.

Would endowing someone with a neutral bullet in their gun give them an elemental attack?
01-27-2011 07:54 PM
RinsletWalker Offline

Well I'd love to hear from em. And going off that last post, It would benefit me and the party if I COULD do more damage to the monsters with elemental bullets. And Also, fyi, desperado isn't the only skill a gunslinger has that could benefit from the bullets. I doubt any gunslinger with common sense would know not to desperado in thors.
01-27-2011 07:57 PM
GT-Hiro Offline
Shadow Drifter

You don't need it, thats my advice as a fellow gunslinger.
There have been several threads made on forums already about elemental bullets, and the response by GM's to them all was "no", based on balancing issues, damage mod's, and other stuff. For a well organized and proper party, a GS doesn't need any other element other then holy, and thats only if you're going against undead/shadow mobs. With the right party, everyone can do plenty of damage with or without elemental bonuses.

For example, me and another GS shot up and dominated Sphinx 4 with Blood bullets and Silver bullets. Why? He had higher aspd for stun lock and I had higher dps. For Nameless, high aspd and good support along with the usual magic classes make it easy. Odin's, a good party with support classes and offensive classes make it quiet easy as long as you don't run into valk unless you're there for her specifically. Same goes for any high end dungeon.

GT-BlackHiro, GT-WhiteHiro, GT-ShadowHiro, GT-Destiny

Quote:A Lost Soul drifting though the voids of Eternal
Darkness
01-27-2011 08:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply