GT-Hiro Offline
Shadow Drifter

RE: Just a quick gunslinger question

you forgot "Have both a GS and a hunter/sniper" Love

GT-BlackHiro, GT-WhiteHiro, GT-ShadowHiro, GT-Destiny

Quote:A Lost Soul drifting though the voids of Eternal
Darkness
01-27-2011 09:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RinsletWalker Offline

It would still be nice to have them. That's all this suggestion was supposed to be.
01-27-2011 11:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

At the same time, the people who are commenting aren't trying to be "mean" or anything squashing down suggestion, but it is really benefitting the GS class in heRO as a whole if the community add suggestions to improve the suggestion itself.

I stand by the fact that if customs are added, it ought to add diversity, uniqueness and/or challenge. Even comparing to 2nd class, Gunslinger really got nothing but hunter skills for the most part. Desperado is as unique as GS gets as no other class got physical self-centered AoE attack. The class itself got 0 focus to begin with just like Ninja when Gravity released them, and that's probably why these two class suffer more than anything else... nobody knows what to do with these class, cause from design perspective, seems like Gravity isn't sure either.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
01-28-2011 01:28 AM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

"hey, let's get holy and dark kunais and earth magic for ninjas. That'd make hunting dark, holy, and wind mobs easier"*sarcasm*

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Kyarorain, Shield Crusader
Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
01-28-2011 01:37 AM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

ok, seriously, i don't understand why there's no earth magic, that seems to be the basic element for ninjas in most anime, and silver weapons which is really universal. Ok, bad comparison...

I think I'm finally going "home", renewal is fun, but there is really nothing like "heRO"...

Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2011 01:44 AM by Ngjoko.)
01-28-2011 01:38 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

GMs have seen this thread. I even posted in it earlier, about the actual scarf stats. Icon_razz

As many have said, the suggestion has come up before, and we have said "no".
We don't like playing with actual class mechanics, and if we did, it would be to make something even more unique, rather than pushing them directly towards another class (In this case, the hunter classes).
Also, if we tried to push all classes to "the most useful they can be", we'd have ... 1 class. It'd heal, have massive DPS, elements, etc all rolled in to one.

Every class is intended to have their upsides and their restrictions.
Gunslingers have awesome range, great spamability in a high DPS skill, and the possibility of many weapon builds (though, more actual viable ones if Gravity remembered they existed).

Gunslingers are an extended class; They're not supposed to be able to stand on par with Snipers, or any other trans class.

Black scarves help increase damage and survivability enough as it is. Plenty of people in this thread have called them "OP".

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

01-28-2011 02:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:??Just a quick gunslinger question

GM-Circe Wrote:GMs have seen this thread. I even posted in it earlier, about the actual scarf stats. Icon_razz

As many have said, the suggestion has come up before, and we have said "no".
We don't like playing with actual class mechanics, and if we did, it would be to make something even more unique, rather than pushing them directly towards another class (In this case, the hunter classes).
Also, if we tried to push all classes to "the most useful they can be", we'd have ... 1 class. It'd heal, have massive DPS, elements, etc all rolled in to one.

Every class is intended to have their upsides and their restrictions.
Gunslingers have awesome range, great spamability in a high DPS skill, and the possibility of many weapon builds (though, more actual viable ones if Gravity remembered they existed).

Gunslingers are an extended class; They're not supposed to be able to stand on par with Snipers, or any other trans class.

Black scarves help increase damage and survivability enough as it is. Plenty of people in this thread have called them "OP".
ANd plus, with soul link after a certain level, I think Super Novices can wear them too =p
01-28-2011 03:46 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

Indeed.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

01-28-2011 04:14 AM
Ngjoko Offline
Megaman, not Rockman!!!

super novice can use black scarf? O.o

Erizabeth, Battle Sage
Derpette, Int Brewer
Katerine, Battle Acolyte
01-28-2011 06:32 AM