Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
noob questions that needs simple answers
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE: noob questions that needs simple answers

WorldGovernment Wrote:questions that are answerable by yes or no

1.) does ice wall prevent aoe attacks from hitting the members on the other side? (ex. hell's judgement)

2.) do mvps attack ice wall? (ex. beelzebub)

3.) can an Evil Druid carded armor prevent
*3a. Pulse Strike
3b. Hell's Judgement
*3c. Expulsion
*3d. Vampire Gift
*3e. Acid Breath

3f. Soul Drain
[*tbh, im not really sure what these skills do so it'll help if you can put a brief description of the skill]

4.) does pneuma prevent
(the skills mentioned at question #3)

5.) if a monster uses stone skin, will it's defense increase tremendously thus making ice pick more effective? or will it be just damage reduction?

6.) (stupid question but i'd ask it to clear my mind) according to RMS, bee only summons mobs if his slaves are <=5, and everytime he summons, he summons 3chonchons along with the others, does this mean that if we can kill all the hellflies and leave 6chonchons unharmed, he would only fight with just those slaves?

7.) about bee's teleport being cancel-able, does this mean he casts tele and if we hit it while casting it, he'd stop?

8.) okay, this is an embarrassing question, when provoking an aggro mob who's attacking someone already, will it turn to the one who provoked it or will it continue in attacking it's target? (namely hell fly)

(optional, not y/n question)
9.) what is evil land?
10.) well i've been watching some guides in killing bee and was wondering, why aren't there wizards spamming skills on him?

thanks to those who'll give some of their time answering my noob questions Icon_wink i'd really appreciate each HELPFUL reply in this threadNo1
1. It does prevent AoE skills like magic, if it's perfectly in the center of the cast circle, Storm gust won't do any damage. Hells judgement isn't affected because it's not an AoE, rather single target splash damage skill.

2. MVP's don't Directly attack Ice wall. They can deal damage to them with their AoE's. With AoE's like??Earthquake where the damage is divided equally between all the targets it hits,??it provides more targets and helps reduce the damage on the things that actually matter.

3. Evil Druid shouldn't help with any of those skills except maybe soul drain.

4. Pneuma should help with Hells Judgement and Acid breath as they're both ranged attacks. Like Lady tanee still gets expulsion off on me when I'm tanking her inside pneuma.??I'm not sure on vampire's gift, but I don't think it's preventable. Don't think Soul drain would be affected by pneuma.

Pulse Strike- Strong self target splash attack that pushes everything affected back.
Hell's Judgement- Ranged Splash Attack that deals damage and curses.
Expulsion- Forces target to Teleport
Vampire Gift- Splash damage skill that heals user with a % of damage inflicted on each target.
Acid Breath- Ranged Poison element breath skill that deals splash damage, like kasa's fire breath.
Soul Drain- I'd assume this one eats your SP to heal him. If not, it just eats your SP.

5. I assumed stone skin was resistance based.

6. Yes. Unless someone kills those chonchon, he would fight with those untill he has less than 5 slaves living.

7. Yes.

8. Provoke depends on who's closest to the monster at the time it's provoked. If you're in it's attack range, or if it's chasing someone when it's provoked, it should attack you. Key word, should. But that wouldn't matter vrs hell fly since boss flags can't be provoked.

9. Evil Land is a spell like the priests Sanctuary that only heals demons and undead. For everything else that's hit by it, it does damage every second, and has a chance to blind. Unlike sanctuary,??it's effect is a lot bigger than the area it's cast on.

10. Bee likes to use Land Protector. This makes the Majority of wizards who've only experiences in RO are SG-ing necros completely useless. Not sure how Bee is done nowadays, but having a High Wizards using Ganbantein on the tank to remove a section of LP, Swalling the tank and quagging bee so the SBK sinx's could hit him with their Ice picks and immaterial swords when he tries to agi up was common practice back in the day.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2011 02:00 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
02-24-2011 01:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WorldGovernment Offline
the ex-whiner

RE:??noob questions that needs simple answers

Namine Wrote:Hell flies is also boss flagged, so that particular scenario is covered in answer 1) as well.

oh yea. i didn't notice the
- Immune to Status Change
- Boss Type Immunity to Skills
and was basing the "boss flagged" status on the sign of a mob being a mini boss/mvp
02-25-2011 01:43 AM
WorldGovernment Offline
the ex-whiner

RE: noob questions that needs simple answers

@joe. boss flagged mobs can't be provoked? darn. i really don't have any idea about swordsmen. thanks for your answer.

we'll at least somehow, chonchons has a chance to be provoked away from bee for accurate spamming

ok, time to gear up to test everything i learned here Icon_biggrin
02-25-2011 01:49 AM