Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PvP Spectator Mode
Rankin Offline
Durp

RE:??PvP Spectator Mode

azurerogue Wrote:
Quote:You don't go to a sporting event and expect to be put in the game, do you?

No, but I also pay to see the sporting event, and the people I am watching earn money because of that.??If you pay me to PvP for your entertainment, I'll leave you alone 100% of the time.
I'll agree with this at 1mil per entry, +1mil each time, resets during server wipes.
03-16-2011 03:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Eldakar Offline
DevYne SublYme KevYne

RE: PvP Spectator Mode

When I enter PvP im there to kill everyone. No mercy given, even for the 1/1 novice.

Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.
03-16-2011 03:08 PM
Child of Bodom Offline
The Satelite

Just watch while dead and wearing ED armor ifyou wanna watch

Animal Path 99/70 Sniper
Asura Path 99/70 Champ
Deva Path 99/70 LK
Human Path 99/70 CLOWN
General Bo 96/67 WS /gg
Raine Sage 99/70 HP
My Name Is Phil 99/70
Jin Kazumi 98/69 LK
Boromir 83/59 Pally
I'm a Champ 93/50 Monk!
The Lionhawk 86/50 Wizard
Strip 76/48 Rogue

Im going to stand out above the crowd. Even if I got to
Shout out loud, Til mine is the only face that you'll see,
Im gonna stand out, til you notice me
03-16-2011 03:22 PM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

Rankin, Azure doesn't agree with me, but we are having a friendly conversation.??I give that line to people who don't give intelligent responses.

Joe, that's actually a really good idea.??I've never had a reason to make a swordy class before, but perhaps I do now.??Thinking

Eldakar, I love Bruce Campbell and your icon too much to argue with you.??Either way, although I don't agree with your methods, you've my respect.

Bodom, I stated in the OP that the problem with dying is when people leave your sight range.

There are people on this server who are really talented at PvP, and I enjoy watching talent.??I don't care if you're really good at sowing plants, I will watch you plant a flower and say, "Damn, you know how to plant a flower!"
I hate watching people cook, but I love Iron Chef because they are good at cooking.??I enjoy watching people do the things they love and are good at.??Like PvP.
I love watching WoE, too, but WoE is important and a spectator mode would be intrusive unless the player were rendered invisible. [EDIT - And abusable given the espionage allowed]

Also, Rankin, I apologize for implying that you are unintelligent.??I just meant to say, don't call me something inferior when I am not.

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2011 03:42 PM by Whispers.)
03-16-2011 03:40 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

I'm glad you gathered that I wasn't trying to be insulting. The idea is fine, I suppose, I just don't see a huge need - there are other options (Joe had one good one, as you've already noticed).

If you really want to be left alone in PvP, go in as a FS Professor. Most people don't even attack me now when I go into PvP on Albus because it's too much of a pain to be worth it. 50% Demi Human Resist + 20% Neutral Resist + 30% General Resist + SW + WoF + >13k HP = not worth it.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
03-16-2011 03:56 PM
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

PvP Zeny Sink?

Spectators pay such and such.??Participants pay more~??Seems fair to me. Whistle

I only went in once or twice cause I had to learn to PvP for WoE when I was with Behemoth.??Made it well known that I absolutely hate any form of PvP.

Kinda hopin it just dies one day >.>??I don't see any fun in it at all.??But ya, Zeny Sink PvP for educational purposes~??Learn combos, watch match ups, learn party tactics cause people DO party in PvP >.>;;??Learnin experience.

Or remap the are to have certain tiles Non-PvP and the center stage PvP only~??I think its possible to do that.??I just don't know how myself

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2011 04:15 PM by Snowhawk.)
03-16-2011 04:14 PM
Cobbinator92 Offline
The Boss

First off, if you wanna go to pvp to watch, don't say don't hit me I want to watch because people will most likely do the opposite of what you ask. If you want to watch pvp I recommend playing a high lvl priest/High priest with gears, they generally don't die or get hit.

These are bulletproof 24 carat tears of a rapper
03-16-2011 05:08 PM
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

^ tru fax.

i go in to watch PvP all the time. in fact, i run in on alts of all levels and resists to sit on top of bodom, who is usually dead - no one hits me if i'm quiet (since when am i quiet), and usually i don't die unless i start intervening when i get bored. another way is to go in on a thief/sin/rogue and hide-cloak all the time.

there are lots of solutions to not be killed in PvP, to actually surviving the attacks via skills and resists or just hiding and not making yourself known. we shouldn't need a spectator mode when you can easily survive to watch with your own methods

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
03-16-2011 05:35 PM
Cobbinator92 Offline
The Boss

lol I dunno about the hide/cloak part, usually we try to find people that hide and kill them.

These are bulletproof 24 carat tears of a rapper
03-16-2011 05:39 PM
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

WHATEVS i hide all the time Evil

i've gotten good at ruwach dodging and avoiding AC/falcon sight

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
03-16-2011 05:44 PM