Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MMO, huh? I'm new but interested.
pnutbuttajelly Offline
PBJ > AMJ

RE: MMO, huh? I'm new but interested.

The best part of this entire game is WoE. Live by that and you will be amazing. Trust me.

Quote:Will says:
If they ever tell my story, let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names will never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Proto, raper of noobs. Let them say, I lived, In the time, Of Pnut.
08-08-2011 06:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:??MMO, huh? I'm new but interested.

iSpam Wrote:ignore the thief class. they suck when you're starting in a LR server :@ (no elem weapons + no good flee gears, you'd be stuck on levelling in bad monsters

imo, start out with an archer, it's the easiest class to start the game with, non movers then just grind hillwinds(sorry if im advertising hillwinds) til you get decent money to get yourself geared/get the other class you wanna play gears Icon_smile
Ignore the thief class? they have their own Flee bonuses and can actually get by without flee gears, and undershirt/pantie combos are pretty easy to get early on.

As for elemental weapons,??you can get some cheap elemental daggers from one of the weapon shop npc's in einbroch for 10 k zenny each. Sure they're not the best daggers around, but they'd be enough to get you on your feet until you can afford a smith'd damascus.
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2011 01:31 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
08-08-2011 01:31 PM
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

iSpam Wrote:ignore the thief class. they suck when you're starting in a LR server :@ (no elem weapons + no good flee gears, you'd be stuck on levelling in bad monsters

imo, start out with an archer, it's the easiest class to start the game with, non movers then just grind hillwinds(sorry if im advertising hillwinds) til you get decent money to get yourself geared/get the other class you wanna play gears Icon_smile

XD I completely disagree and say forget Archer and go Thief~

Archers suck IMO. Took me 4 months to get mine higher than 40. Took me 1 month to do that with my thief.

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
08-08-2011 02:38 PM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

What?

When I started HeRo a couple years ago, I'd never played thief class. Mained lord knight, biochemist, but never even messed with assassin or rogue.

I job 50'd as a thief, because I could. All it took was knowing about the elemental daggers Joe mentioned, and I was in business. 10k each isn't much. Seriously.

After that, I farmed and sold things until I got an infiltrator, then a triple hallowed jur (very inexpensive carded weapon or hodremlins until you're a sinX and can use inverse scale) and I was in business up until 99. Early on I snagged a fire katar, and was smacking wolves/les/soils to get job levels and some base, and from then on I leveled while I hunted for things.

I made a business out of selling things as I hunted- and it made me pretty rich, pretty quick. Steal is a lot more useful than some lead it on to be. A chance at another item from a single monster, when you could snatch karvodailnirol, oridecon, or some pretty hat or weapon- is very, very good.

Improve dodge and the natural flee rating of an assassin are outrageous, and make you much lot less squishy than an archer, and allow you to mob and such to overamp your exp gain, versus simply claymore mining (Dangerous shit) or single target leveling as a hunter.

Did most of that in two weeks of playing nightly. Then, took a break due to some life stuff a few weeks- then I hit it again, and was trans'd in a total of 3/4 weeks altogether.

I say all this to come to this point, you ignore classes you suck with. If you suck with it- it doesn't mean somebody else will. I suck with wizard. I cannot play the things. But, some people adapt to it and do amazingly. Its a matter of YOU, not the class. The class is fine, and can be awesome in the right player's hands; but if you suck with it that doesn't mean the class sucks or isn't good.

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
08-08-2011 03:48 PM
raphael.cruger Offline
>:|

Swordie's are very easy to play(agi type).. you can always get more pots by making novices(you'll be a pro at the rules too lol). When yr a knight Bowling bash is very good for farming and lvling. Be zenny wise till you job change after that you can have a lot of fun. Altho knights are not EXCELLENT at anything(revise) without a lot of gears they are good at everything even with crappy gears.
If you want to make money there is nothing like a 2 handed agi knight. They are the BEST at PvM solo and can kill almost every non mvp mob(including a lot of mini mvps). With a little imagination and a few gears you can kill the rest. You are not limited to targets you can hit with Autocounter, you are not limited to targets you can flee very well due to high hp+increased hp recovery, magic is also less effective against you for the same reason. They have moving hp sp recovery(fun quest) so you won't be sitting\potting much, and they can mob like crazy,
All the classes in RO have their own weaknesses and strenghts, A knight can overcome any of these with the right(albeit expensive) gears. Maybe not the best but the most versatile class. They can also equip the widest range of weapons and gears.
If you choose to go 2 handed agi I can share my stat and equip builds with you.
Good luck!! Icon_biggrin
NOTE: If you choose a melee class(swordsman, thief) and go agi, please remember 1 vit.. is NEVER a good idea :-P Start with 11 Vit, 15 dex and juuuussst pump agi(with str a close second). More info on request.

Archers are good but as a hunter to be versatile you MUST trap. And both traps and arrows cost zzzzzzz. btw its OK to be broke we all were at some point(I'm still broke lol).

If you choose a mage or a support class, you shud still make a decent solo pvm char to farm, get zenny and equips for yr main, and satisfy bloodlust at random..xD

This game has a learning curve, if you screw up don't feel bad or be afraid to ask for help we're all here just for that. I screwed up all my chars loads of times before i got it right; but then again perhaps you won't be as slow as meCry Live and learn!

The struggle to free myself of restraints becomes my very shackles. - Meshuggah
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2011 04:20 PM by raphael.cruger.)
08-08-2011 04:08 PM
iSpam Offline
so i herd u liek mudkipz

fine... well if you're not in a rush, yeah thief is somewhat acceptable...

i still vote for archer tho Icon_smile tbh, i don't use traps unless if the monster i'm killing is really worth it

try asking for rags to riches hillwind stories, im pretty sure you'd go for hunter class with that xD

There are four brothers in this world that were all born together:
The first he runs and never wearies,
The second eats and is never full.
The third he drinks and is ever thirsty,
And the fourth sings a song that is never good.
[Image: sn1bw7.gif]
08-08-2011 07:43 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

Ptah Wrote:To add in my few cents to Joe's long long post, it's also advisable to get a low-level merchant on any of your accounts for selling loots with them, it's very helpful early in the game, and getting merchant to job 20 isn't that of a problem (Now, knowing how game works i regret that i didn't do such thing back then). You'll want to get their Overcharge skill maxed, and if you feel like it, discount skill can be maxed out also (increases selling price by 24% and decreases buying price from NPCs by 24% accordingly). Along with that i'd advice to go archer->bard better since they are identical to dancers in leveling equips/spots, and in MUCH higher demand than dancers. At least on my memory.
>.>

EDIT:
mahawirasd Wrote:PS: in HeRO, it's somewhat a good idea to keep some of the misc/minor loots in case the GMs decide to make them useful in newer quests (check the wiki for all the old ones), but you gotta temper it with your need for basic zeny for healing/repair/basic equips/upgrades.
Nuuuuuuuuuu, don't listen to wira. Don't make your kafra a junk holder. I did that and now can't go lower than 950/1000 items. Sucks to be me >.>

+1 to the merch note...

as for the 950/1000 items in kafra, i know how you feel Cry
but it's true, ain't it? Sell some misc loots and the next week the GMs bite you in the rump with a quest that uses that particular loot... Laugh

-w-
08-08-2011 11:47 PM
ManiacManiac19 Offline
space olympics champion guy#1

Okee looks like you have a lot of help with the class/stat thing so I'll just say HELLO and LET'S PARTY SOMETIME. Is Anomander going to be your ingame name?

[Image: 14233_s.gif]
in distant worlds, playing as..
[N]John Smith[7] {level 612 ardat-yakshi necromancer}
..and many others!
08-09-2011 01:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

ManiacManiac19 Wrote:Okee looks like you have a lot of help with the class/stat thing so I'll just say HELLO and LET'S PARTY SOMETIME. Is Anomander going to be your ingame name?
Anomander Wrote:I got some nice advice in game and here. I think I'll go for the Archer-> dancer class. Though it seems to be hard to solo, many ppl do take in dancer for party it seems. Or so i was told.

My in game name is Analia. Please pm me when you are free. I'll ask lots of doubts. Icon_smile
08-09-2011 01:24 AM
ManiacManiac19 Offline
space olympics champion guy#1

Derp, that's what I get for skimming through a thread.

[Image: 14233_s.gif]
in distant worlds, playing as..
[N]John Smith[7] {level 612 ardat-yakshi necromancer}
..and many others!
08-09-2011 01:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply