I Don't WoE on Sunday but would make it if it was Saturday
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Possible WoE Changes
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Possible WoE Changes

well that was my initial reasoning as to why WOE should be saturday server time because any time saturday server time is still either saturday or sunday elsewhere in the world, thus making it more viable to everyone. Sure it might still mean 2 AM sunday in GMT +7, but hey at least that's an acceptable sacrifice rather than having to sacrifice your workday morning Ok

-w-
09-20-2011 10:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pnutbuttajelly Offline
PBJ > AMJ

RE:??Possible WoE Changes

mahawirasd Wrote:well that was my initial reasoning as to why WOE should be saturday server time because any time saturday server time is still either saturday or sunday elsewhere in the world, thus making it more viable to everyone. Sure it might still mean 2 AM sunday in GMT +7, but hey at least that's an acceptable sacrifice rather than having to sacrifice your workday morning Ok

-w-
Tru

Quote:Will says:
If they ever tell my story, let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names will never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Proto, raper of noobs. Let them say, I lived, In the time, Of Pnut.
09-20-2011 10:52 AM
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

Agreed it will be better. But then it might be more crappy for some other people, like I will be happily be not woe'ing. Due to 3-4am WoE and work (sometimes) for me.

Not to restart the previous discussion on this. But like I think the GM's should consider a range of options for the WoE times and not one solution that must fit all,??then like get a poll on that (since the current poll about 16% wants it 11% don't, so the rest don't care?). The bottom line: one solution will negatively affect someone else so a majority is needed on any option proposed.

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2011 05:33 PM by Seth~.)
09-20-2011 03:09 PM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

I have a problem with SG map changes.

Here's the thought.

Let's say you're set up so that you have Odins, and DG set as your maps.

You would then go to WoE, and tell the NPC to reset your map to WoE castles, and they would do that.

Here's when the kicker comes in- when you get done with WoE you have three options.
#1- You're stuck with the WoE maps, sorry, you're never going back to regular maps ever again. (I don't see the GM's doing this one)
#2- Your maps get completly reset and you have to go back to Odins or DG to set them again (I do see this one happening if this is implimented)
#3- Somehow the GM's wave their magic rod and your maps instantly get reset to whatever they were before WoE. (I don't see this one, too much coding and time that the GM's don't want to waste on a class that doesn't get used.

This means that #2 is the answer to the question with SG's and maps.

The problem I have with this is that it acts as a free reset for SG's. They don't have to worry about picking a wrong map, or anything like that, because all they have to do is run to WOE, get reset to a WoE map, wait for WoE to end, and then have a clean slate to work off of.

I know that SG's aren't the most popular class ever, but by doing this, you make it possible to really abuse the SG map setting. (That is unless GM's are acting really evil and pick #1, or really ambitious and code #2)
09-22-2011 12:56 PM
Child of Bodom Offline
The Satelite

I dont see #2 as a big problem. Even if they do reset maps, the reset should only be available at woe times so it means you get 2 times out of the week to do it. Meaning you get a free reset of your maps 2 times a week if you really want to. But if the SG is good theyll probably either pick mvp maps or go back to skeggs and DG.

Animal Path 99/70 Sniper
Asura Path 99/70 Champ
Deva Path 99/70 LK
Human Path 99/70 CLOWN
General Bo 96/67 WS /gg
Raine Sage 99/70 HP
My Name Is Phil 99/70
Jin Kazumi 98/69 LK
Boromir 83/59 Pally
I'm a Champ 93/50 Monk!
The Lionhawk 86/50 Wizard
Strip 76/48 Rogue

Im going to stand out above the crowd. Even if I got to
Shout out loud, Til mine is the only face that you'll see,
Im gonna stand out, til you notice me
09-22-2011 02:06 PM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

Well the thing Adrillf stated would be a reason for me to vote no, the only reason i voted yes is if it cannot be abused by PvM SG's to just reset their maps in case they screwed up/want to change/*insert other reason*.

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
09-22-2011 04:48 PM
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

can you guys not read? @_@

2) NPC for Changing Star Gladiator WoE Maps:
  • Made a Star Gladiator for WoE but its chosen map is not in the castle that you want to WoE in, or worse it's in a castle that closed during a rotation? Well then this might be the suggestion you want.
  • Note: This would ONLY be from WoE Castle map to WoE castle map and would be between WoEs, so you cannot change during WoE.

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
09-22-2011 07:11 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

that and how a pvm SG could probably do with much less vit and it's prolly faster and cheaper to make 2 separate SGs than keep resetting Ok

-w-
09-24-2011 12:00 PM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

RE:??Possible WoE Changes

Seth~ Wrote:(since the current poll about 16% wants it 11% don't, so the rest don't care?).

That includes ALL votes on the poll, not just the votes for that section of the poll.

As had already been established both int he first post, and in further posts in the thread, the SG map change would be from only WoE map to WoE map.
A SG won't be able to swap their Poring map to DG all of a sudden with it.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

09-28-2011 12:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

True, xD. But less people still voted for those compared to "In favor of castle warp in Warper NPC" yes?

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
09-28-2011 12:01 PM