Poll: Was Orcus' difficulty balanced regarding the loots?
This poll is closed.
Orcus was too easy 0% 0 0%
Orcus seemed balanced 0% 0 0%
Orcus was too hard 25.93% 7 25.93%
I was not present during the event, or I'm not sure 74.07% 20 74.07%
Total 27 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Orcus discussion thread
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

RE:??Orcus discussion thread

takhara Wrote:Any screenshots? I'd like to see what it looks like.

There's a couple of screenshots on the front page of the Heroic Server Birthday Thread, down near the bottom.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

10-19-2011 06:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
loveapples Offline
I'm around... somewhere

RE: Orcus discussion thread

Adrillf, you forgot to mention Naght Sieger and Entweihen Crothen(which isn't technically a MVP, but takes a strategy to kill still) :o
10-19-2011 10:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mara Offline
Self Titled Goddess

A mob that casts loki and has less than 100k HP isn't that horrible, since your party will most likely have a creator or long ranged character which could Spam whatever skill to kill them. Figure out which mob it is and kill it before it casts loki. True it will be a bitch, but i don't see it as impossible.

I do think that the drops seem a bit lame, seeing the drop rate of other MvPs, Orcus' seem like they're there to fill up space. The only drop Orcus has that would attract people to him would be the bracer, and it's a really low drop. My suggestion would be to make OCA 100% or so (like some of the easy to kill MvPs in RO or at least drop in the MVP reward), exchange glove [1] for the refined version, up the Orcus Bracer to 15% (same % as BSB from Thanatos), also PLEASE remove the Rosary (we get enough of those from hunting orlean's server) it could be exchanged for E.Ori :3

I think that would give people a better incentive to try him :3

Edit:
It would be cool to have him drop Refined Quadrille at like 0.10% or less, since it kinda looks like his wand and is totally freaking hax. But that would over shadow the bracer QQ.

Mara: 9x/50 Soul Linker
Mami: +89/50 Priest <3
Lind: 9x/6x Champion
Urtool: 9x/5x Creator - Paz: 99 Lif
Noob Behind A Bow: hurr/durr DERP DERP
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2011 04:11 PM by Mara.)
10-19-2011 03:54 PM
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

Refined Quadrille in its current form have the same stats as the normal one.

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
10-19-2011 04:14 PM
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

adrillf, you can move out of loki's easy (it's only haxxxx when you're trapped in it, like in WoE :D you don't see a defense working very well with a completely trapless loki). not to mention there can be a prof in your party to LP the meteor he spams and the loki his slave uses. you can kill the slave like mara said, too. granted that one second of "hey, i didn't use this skill; let's move out of loki" may wipe your party, but that's what having that reserve tank with 21034981039 yggs in the background is for. instacast paladin anyone?
Evil

I AGREE @ QUADRILLE. but you don't have to make it refined, just use the regular, it's still kinda good imo. i'd use it for my nub monk any day instead of having to search for cards forever :U

wish i'd have shown up to fight himmmm

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
10-19-2011 05:58 PM
GM-Azote Offline
The Ban GM

RE:??Orcus discussion thread

Mara Wrote:Orcus' seem like they're there to fill up space.

Orcus has been made by a spriter for heRO. The dungeon floor was also made by a mapper, for heRO specifically, and also with the idea of it being Orcus' domain.

So I wouldn't say that he is there to fill up space.

The dungeon has 6 other custom mobs, which are recolors of existing mobs.
  • 3 of them are his summons... Kauvra, Anastasia, Isha-Denarthum
  • 3 of them are mini-bosses wandering on the floor... Besmal, Quah-Nomag, Harthoon
These 3 minibosses drops, at the moment, Panties[1], Undershirt[1], Wool Scarf[1], Tidal Shoes[1] and a few other drops that, yes, you could hunt somewhere else.

I'm more likely to do another PVM event to try another balance before the official release.

[Image: Azote.gif]
HeROwiki
Support tickets
10-19-2011 06:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mara Offline
Self Titled Goddess

I meant to say his drops, like the vast accessories he has :X

Mara: 9x/50 Soul Linker
Mami: +89/50 Priest <3
Lind: 9x/6x Champion
Urtool: 9x/5x Creator - Paz: 99 Lif
Noob Behind A Bow: hurr/durr DERP DERP
10-19-2011 06:17 PM
ABlueJelly Offline
Minitru Unapproved!

haha Kaizel, the one reason I want an Osirus card... lv1 Kaizel = Full Restore = hax

I'm surprised I never thought of Ice Wall being a viable tank for EQ, seems really obvious in retrospect XD

Yeah, I was sad when Kaite didn't eat the damage, since EQ is magic... Was a pain testing that solo on the test server.. Had to find the right combination of GM gears to make me not immune to Orc Lord's damage and yet still make me not die XDD Kaite was eaten by his bolts but ignored EQ QQ

Agreed on most of those drops ideas, and lololol loki's mob /gg

?(?????)
no IFs ANDs or XORs.
Incarn Wrote:[Jelly]'s not an idiot, he just likes to derp and actually make the derp work
"Don't crack, 'cause you might not make it back. And if you do, then you'll be alone, and ya can't live like that!"
"And they say that a Hero can save us, I'm not gonna stand here and wait..."

B> Regular, Scheduled Server Maintenance Resets
10-23-2011 06:25 PM