Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reduce castles in woe to 1
Mara Offline
Self Titled Goddess

RE: ????Reduce castles in woe to 1

Snowhawk Wrote:Wall of Text (not to troll, it was a good one, but still a wallololololol)

Couldn't answer my questions but at least applied to my sense of discussion. Yes, mid rate servers get action, because there is always a good handful of guilds/players in them. I was in a Mid rate server a few times, they always had a good guild which a good amount of the tactic, armed to the teeth, an unthinkable amount of consumables and good attendance. Downfall, most of them were handed out their things, 3~5 people did all the thinking and the others were mindless drones using their handmedowns. Only a few of the people in the guild would actually farm for their things (cards/brewing/etc), most just got to high enough leveled farmed some money and then got the pay for woe (from the guilds that could pay their players). You see some action in WoE, but its mostly from 2 at tops 3 guilds, the rest are people that wouldn't even think of going to a low rate because they would never get passed level 80. RO wasn't meant to have everything handed to you. A "REAL" woe would have creators using up his ADs wisely, not like higher rate players that throw over 9000 ADs into Pneuma. Reason most People don't woe in this server is because they don't/can't take the time to amass the needed materials for WoE (something you don't have to worry about in a midrate)

Now for the other point. "the server is dying" is what the dramalamas say when they really mean "the server's woe scene is dead", see the difference?

EDIT: Also forgot to clarify, BOTH types of WoEs have Guardians, but only WoE 2.0 has Barricades and guardian stones.

Took me so long to reply since my internet was down till now ._.

Mara: 9x/50 Soul Linker
Mami: +89/50 Priest <3
Lind: 9x/6x Champion
Urtool: 9x/5x Creator - Paz: 99 Lif
Noob Behind A Bow: hurr/durr DERP DERP
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2011 11:06 PM by Mara.)
10-27-2011 10:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mara Offline
Self Titled Goddess

RE: Reduce castles in woe to 1

Oh oh oh, ITS 11:11 make a wish (my time zone, still counts for you guys maybe)

I wish we could have WoE 2.0 opened for a Month to test it out and see if it gets a good feed back. Say the second half of November till half of Decemeber?

10-27-2011 11:11 PM
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

Do GMs just not like the Guardians? I loved having to fight them when I first started WoEing.

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
10-27-2011 11:12 PM
Mara Offline
Self Titled Goddess

Guardians have nothing to do with GMs, it has to do with the Guild that owns the castle. They decide if to summon guardians or not. If you want to see Guardians in WoE, show up to Retro, the guild there tends to summon a lot of them, which are very annoying to PvM oriented second jobs :<

10-27-2011 11:15 PM
Shikari Offline
Br?

@Snowhawks post about "REAL" WoE:

-I've WoE'd on high and mid rates, I f*cking hate them. Most anti-social fucking noobs I have ever seen. As AMJ said, all they do is run around with nearly unlimited free resources running around playing their classes half-assedly w/o any kind of communcation (unless you call constant swearing w/o explantion as to what x person was doing wrong communication). Only fun thing about them was the amount of people, and even then ._..

@Dirge:

-Agreed, however in my case it would involve quitting RO in general, this server is the only one I've liked QQ and it's boring me lately (for various reasons, one of them being a decaying WoE which is what I found most fun for the longest time).

@Will:

-I'm not sure about only one castle, look at Retro, it's only FP (I think, I don't keep up with retro) and Aedras guild. Who's to say that if WoE gets only one castle KoJ will eventually get tired and decided to quit, leaving only Behe and DoE fighting it out? I have no idea what could help WoE so I won't give any ideas xD...

--Sorry for any spelling mistakes, tired.

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
10-27-2011 11:27 PM
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

RE:??Reduce castles in woe to 1

Shikari Wrote:@Snowhawks post about "REAL" WoE:

-I've WoE'd on high and mid rates, I f*cking hate them. Most anti-social fucking noobs I have ever seen. As AMJ said, all they do is run around with nearly unlimited free resources running around playing their classes half-assedly w/o any kind of communcation (unless you call constant swearing w/o explantion as to what x person was doing wrong communication). Only fun thing about them was the amount of people, and even then ._..

And that was why I said I deleted that one server and left. Left a very bad review on RMS for them as well. The Guild I was IN was the main cause for me leaving. Take the random BS flamewar we had here a year or two ago between Behe and (can't remember...wanna say LoA, may have been the one before or after them) and multiply that little thing by like 1,000,000.

Most Mid/High Rates disable nearly all the good abilities/spells too. Can't Cloak on that server I left in a WoE Castle. You can use Hide, but not Tunnel Dive or Cloak, or anything that allows you to move while invisible. They even nerfed the Guillotine Cross Hide skill that makes them immune to Demon and Insect spotting w/out Smokie and you get knocked out in the first hit, not after 3 hits.

From what I remember, you couldn't use Running or High Jump either. There was that spell that you can lay down that prevent others from using skills. That was disabled. Roughly every class was nerfed out of their skills.

Other one I'm currently on just bans MVP Cards through a point system.

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
10-27-2011 11:41 PM
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

I am not gonna read the whole weirdo thread. It looks like complains for more castles then the opposite happens a few weeks later (regardless of who complains for what). LOL. About the ranting who really cares (looks like a DoE hammer day largely). The WoE rewards if implemented will imo give more ppl at least me more WoE resources to use for WoE and thus make it more fun, and thus attract more ppl to play and grow within WoE.

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
10-28-2011 01:34 AM
Deviluke Offline
Celestial Mistress

Warning in Advance this will probably end up as a Wall of Text....
If you don't have all the time in the world there's a TLDR; at the bottom. lol

I will try to make this post as relevant as possible. Basically I think that while the addition of a third castle might have been decent while the number of guilds, and guild members who actually went to woe was higher, it clearly is not that way anymore. As Will said, there is no "war" anymore. It's mostly two guilds turtling to keep their castles, and KoJ ping-ponging between castles. So even if it isn't reduced to 1 castle, I think at least reducing it to 2 as it was before would be a step in the right direction for *right now*. ( <--- Keywords) Because really it's not even that fun anymore. Even when one guild is not turtling, they end up chasing the other guild through the castles like a game of cat and mouse. Though I guess that could be because everyone lost their taste for blood but still, it's really not that fun anymore. I'm pretty sure if a lot more people, even a gm or two, went to woe and saw the condition it is in the *here and now* it'd easily be seen that this is clearly not working anymore for right now.

I don't think reducing it to one castle would solve the problem since another main problem *in my opinion* is the morale in the community. I wouldn't say it has so much to do with what guild someone is in, as it has to do with the fact there are the people who are willing to "work for it" and not. The people who want to improve, gear, and actually experience and enjoy the WoE scene for what it's worth, and the people who join a guild looking for handouts or leeches/leveling. I'm not saying this is what EVERYONE does but honestly I don't think this is a secret to anyone. So I'm not sure what changes would actually benefit this but whether it is reducing to one or two castles, changing which castles are open on which days, or anything else that can be thought of, I truly think something needs to be done, and to a greater extent than just releasing woe rewards because while this could help some people in woe I somehow get this sinking feeling it would end up like BG points when the rewards first got released. A lot of people who just stand around in a castle and die periodically for the sake of getting points for rewards but don't actually woe. > <; .....

I wouldn't actually say that the current woe scene would cause the server to die necessarily. *However*, I think it could potentially cause a severe decrease in the population considering to my knowledge quite a few ppl make up the "woe scene" and as weird as this might sound it does take a certain amount of work to keep this part of the population happy, which is why I think it causes so much "drama". The people who play for "pvm scene" will always be content imo as long as monsters continue to spawn and drop items at a set rate. However, the people who play for the "woe scene" have to deal with changes amongst guilds and the population, there's no set spawn of members of x guild in y's castle at a specific time, so it's natural people will be unhappy at different times depending on the current state of the "woe scene". So I guess as Seth said, that's why it seems like people are always complaining for something different.

And another main thing I think is causing a huge problem for "getting people into the woe scene" would be all the "drama" lately. (Yes, I feel like a carebear now. .___. ) But really from what I've seen (and yes I read the forums a lot, read almost every thread lately on bg/woe complaints as well as actually going to bg/woe) there is just too much damn drama. I don't recall anyone sitting in a thread saying anything negative *specifically* at KoJ/Behemoth (though it is 4 am so maybe I am forgetful) but a lot of the time I see a lot of people just gang up in these type of threads bashing DoE/AMJ/Elitists/Whoever has the opinion that's not in favor of the underdog. I mean, (unless I read this wrong, sorry if I did) Seth didn't even read the "weirdo thread" and said it's just some DoE ranting thread. lol.... I mean who would want to get into something this drenched in drama?

TLDR; Summer's over, people got lives, less people = less castles please. I think for now 2 castles might be best since we're at least back at square one. Turtling + Cat and Mouse is boring in woe, please get a thirst for blood again. Please don't let WoE rewards/points become the new BG rewards/points. To fix the current WoE condition GMs and Players need to meet on some middle ground and fix this, and community morale needs a revamp. If you want people to get into WoE try to stop making WoE/WoE Guilds look like some never ending Dramalama party. =)

[Image: 2hyffgw.png]
10-28-2011 05:18 AM
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

*edit* sry If i hammered DoE unnecessarily (I just like personally see complaints emanating from said chars). Not to rant (this is me trying), constructive criticism compared to this server....(negative crap). All I really see from the GM's side is attempts and test runs to make the pvp in all different formats better + a large dose of waiting for ideas and change to be implemented. Whereas general non-stop ranting about the colour of my shoe, woe castles, lack of woe players ect. is negative feedback that causes decline of interest in pvp based stuff in the server.

Almost like a group of ppl is interested in making the server look bad by continuously posting negative and degrading threads every now and again, regardless whether or not these comments and complaints are well founded.*re-edited grammar*

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2011 06:07 AM by Seth~.)
10-28-2011 06:05 AM
raphael.cruger Offline
>:|

Why do people repeatedly make threads about this? Wasn't this all covered in the previous thread? I feel like I've read all of this 4-5 times before. Every damn thread about woe ends up like this.

If u don't like woe fix it. Refer to my post in the other thread for how.

And dont push it off on the GMs like they have some obligation to make hero and WoE 'fun' for you. They don't. In terms of improving woe u can do as much as they can.

The current 3 castle situation in woe is to create interest among new players I believe it is succeeding. Most of KoJ are very new including myself(tho i suck Q_Q). And i have have talked to many now actually raising chars for woe. You have to understand this is a low rate. Things take time.

The struggle to free myself of restraints becomes my very shackles. - Meshuggah
10-28-2011 10:37 AM