Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reduce castles in woe to 1
Mara Offline
Self Titled Goddess

RE:??Reduce castles in woe to 1

raphael.cruger Wrote:What he said.

*Clap clap clap*

Which in fact could be said "what Mara already mentioned" which could translate to "That's what she said" (;D) about how this is just copy past from all the other threads.

And it's very true, even when KoJ was "big" we were mostly people with high leveled pvm oriented characters, i would dare say, less than 1/3 of us had WoE gear/builds. Now that the guild shrunk, new people are getting recruited out of the pvm/level stage, so they can't really woe. Most of them aren't "srs" grinders so it would take them more than 2 months to have a full decked out WoE character.

IN CONCLUSION:
Guilds lose people, then they get new people, takes lots of time for new people to become good woe players, in that time woe suckzors.

Mara: 9x/50 Soul Linker
Mami: +89/50 Priest <3
Lind: 9x/6x Champion
Urtool: 9x/5x Creator - Paz: 99 Lif
Noob Behind A Bow: hurr/durr DERP DERP
10-28-2011 11:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SkyStormKuja Offline
The Great Muffin

2 things.

1) WoE cannot be fixed by GM's (as just mentioned by Raphael.cruger). I see more and more leaning to GM's having some obligation to make WoE more fun. But I feel that most of the problems that we have is the players, not the server.

Seth~ Wrote:*edit* sry If i hammered DoE unnecessarily (I just like personally see complaints emanating from said chars). Not to rant (this is me trying), constructive criticism compared to this server....(negative crap). All I really see from the GM's side is attempts and test runs to make the pvp in all different formats better + a large dose of waiting for ideas and change to be implemented. Whereas general non-stop ranting about the colour of my shoe, woe castles, lack of woe players ect. is negative feedback that causes decline of interest in pvp based stuff in the server.

Almost like a group of ppl is interested in making the server look bad by continuously posting negative and degrading threads every now and again, regardless whether or not these comments and complaints are well founded.*re-edited grammar*
2) Seth mentioned something that I think we need to consider. I think that many people simply stay out of WoE, exactly because of threads like this, or threads like this before, or threads like this that will come. This community has breeded a standard of absolutely freaking out/overreacting for the smallest, stupidest things, and making it big issues. Nobody wants to join a event that is based around dozens of people bitching over every small thing that isn't perfect.
Seriously, change our general attitude and I think it will make a huge difference in the WoE on this server. There is way too much negativity based around WoE. It's ruining the image, the feel and the general enjoyability of the WoE, and if we don't change, it will eventually degrade to nothing.

Edit : And to conclude, I believe that reducing castle to one will solve nothing. Will simply cause smaller guilds to once more be unable to attain any castle at all.

[Image: f44qqu.png]
~Anima~ 7x/3x - Champion
Nathaniel Hawkins 9x/6x - Stalker
Sora Sacrificulous 9x/6x - High Priest
SniperAngel 9x/6x - Sniper
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2011 12:01 PM by SkyStormKuja.)
10-28-2011 11:55 AM
Cerberus Offline

RE: Reduce castles in woe to 1

ok so.. now gms dosent have a obligation to make things fun? b*tch, please GMs should care for the community and for they entertaiment not only for pvm but for woe also, what i see so far is that they only care for pvm and dosent actually hear what the woe community wants and thats the reason why MANY players have quitted this server and as lala said, we should make a gm/player meeting to fix this cuz its already annoying that all ppl who pvm and knows sh*t about woe comes and troll posts like this when obviously they just dont want their free castle taken away ^___^
10-28-2011 02:29 PM
SkyStormKuja Offline
The Great Muffin

Well, this last post pretty much supports my theory of an attitude problem in the WoE arena. I couldn't care less about castles, I'd WoE anyway. I WoE, in fact, for the fun of it. But sure, make it personal. That's what makes this forum, and the general idea of WoE so appealing to new people.

And yes, GM's can try to make it fun. But you can't make a horse drink if you bring it to the water. Especially if the horse can't decide if it wants 3 castles or 1 castle, or have more guilds, or just win.

[Image: f44qqu.png]
~Anima~ 7x/3x - Champion
Nathaniel Hawkins 9x/6x - Stalker
Sora Sacrificulous 9x/6x - High Priest
SniperAngel 9x/6x - Sniper
10-28-2011 04:49 PM
Child of Bodom Offline
The Satelite

Cerberus Wrote:its already annoying that all ppl who pvm and knows sh*t about woe comes and troll posts like this when obviously they just dont want their free castle taken away ^___^

1. 3 people who dont woe have posted, Aaron gave his opinion, Myrus or w/e is new, and Snowhawk did something i didnt read

2. Ya cause KoJ only woes to get a free castle. Not like we attack behe for 50 mins of woe and then just happen to go to the empty castle right?

3. GM's cant make anyone woe. WoE is an option that people can choose to partake in or not. But I do agree that the GM's should sit down with the woe players and talk about options. Like how to make woe more interesting for EVERYONE not just the few whod benefit from 1 castle.

Animal Path 99/70 Sniper
Asura Path 99/70 Champ
Deva Path 99/70 LK
Human Path 99/70 CLOWN
General Bo 96/67 WS /gg
Raine Sage 99/70 HP
My Name Is Phil 99/70
Jin Kazumi 98/69 LK
Boromir 83/59 Pally
I'm a Champ 93/50 Monk!
The Lionhawk 86/50 Wizard
Strip 76/48 Rogue

Im going to stand out above the crowd. Even if I got to
Shout out loud, Til mine is the only face that you'll see,
Im gonna stand out, til you notice me
10-28-2011 05:11 PM
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

Deviluke Wrote:And another main thing I think is causing a huge problem for "getting people into the woe scene" would be all the "drama" lately. (Yes, I feel like a carebear now. .___. ) But really from what I've seen (and yes I read the forums a lot, read almost every thread lately on bg/woe complaints as well as actually going to bg/woe) there is just too much damn drama. I don't recall anyone sitting in a thread saying anything negative *specifically* at KoJ/Behemoth (though it is 4 am so maybe I am forgetful) but a lot of the time I see a lot of people just gang up in these type of threads bashing DoE/AMJ/Elitists/Whoever has the opinion that's not in favor of the underdog. I mean, (unless I read this wrong, sorry if I did) Seth didn't even read the "weirdo thread" and said it's just some DoE ranting thread. lol.... I mean who would want to get into something this drenched in drama?

What's conveniently omitted is the fact that these guys (as individuals, unrelated to and regardless of guild membership - afterall PBJ is one of the most blatant examples, even earned himself a forumban for that, and last time I checked he was still under the flag of green cat) usually preemptively pre-bash anyone who dares to disagree or even not to attend WoE (BLASPHEMY! :O).

It's this attitude that discourages people. A newbie who comes sees a fight between overzealous WoErs and "less serious" people being pissy at being treated like some sort of "untermensch". Exactly...who would want to get into something like this?

Cerberus Wrote:ok so.. now gms dosent have a obligation to make things fun? b*tch, please GMs should care for the community and for they entertaiment not only for pvm but for woe also, what i see so far is that they only care for pvm and dosent actually hear what the woe community wants and thats the reason why MANY players have quitted this server and as lala said, we should make a gm/player meeting to fix this cuz its already annoying that all ppl who pvm and knows sh*t about woe comes and troll posts like this when obviously they just dont want their free castle taken away ^___^

A classical example. Venomous, bashing, heavy stylistical degeneration, language only vaguely resembling English.

It's an irony that the people most agitated about the downfall of WoE heavily contribute to the downfall itself.

[Image: 4NuAbXh.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2011 07:26 PM by Jens.)
10-28-2011 07:14 PM
Marilee Offline

Make it 1 castle, one guild dominates all the damn time, monopolized everything, yay
Thumbs down
10-28-2011 07:19 PM
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

obviously all KoJ does is PvM so we don't get a say in the matter; you guys should just stop while you're ahead.

since all KoJ does is PvM and WoE for free castles, does that mean i can disband the guild? quite obviously we're not wanted in woe, or our opinions at least aren't valid. there's my so-called encouragement to woe. really makes me want to run KoJ even more! *clapclap*

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
10-28-2011 10:23 PM
Summerstream Offline
Yggdrasil Scholar

...Can I say holy crap?

Anyways, I haven't been able to WoE YET due to other commitments (Namely school, net problems, router dying, needing a new computer etc...), however I'm looking forward to helping TeaTime in Retro, or trying to work things out with my monk in KoJ. I'm just severely under-geared for what I need to do for these things.. .Actually, most things. Those that have seen me in nameless should know Icon_biggrin;

In other words, I'd LOVE to get myself geared and ready to go, but I lack the time and decent equipment to attempt to do so.

*goes back into lurk mode, unless there's further prompting*

[Image: .gif]
Test & Dev | Wiki
The taste of our wine is as divine as the stars
Summerstream | Amelia Newman
Ithilethiel | Aquaris Harmoni
.Pavan. | Sheena Archer
~Saya~ | +Aurora+
Wine Brewing Society
10-28-2011 11:10 PM
Shikari Offline
Br?

[Image: whysoserious.jpg]

Anyways seems to me everyone is over-reacting about everything.

1) Last time people started whinning the gms made a thread w/ diff ideas to revitalize WoE. Among them 3 castles we're elected as an attempt to fix WoE, whether or not it has worked is clearly debatable.

2) Jens, holy fucking shit, all you can do is rant about everyones lack of english knowladge. Deal the f*** with it, not everyone lives in U.S. of fucking A, other countries that DON'T speak english exist.

3) Aedra stop being so damn victimizing, prove to people that KoJ is good and the other guild will accept you. Posting so much that you hate leading the guild isn't exactly the best advertisment or motivation for it.

4) The attitude problem comes because of people that don't know what they're talking about sticking their shit where it doesn't belong. also Dirge has a point, even though they did the WoE Revitalization poll not that long ago, it would atleast appear that most of the GM's focus goes into PvM and/or cosmetic things, and as GAME MASTERS (or moderators) it IS infact their job to help keep the game intersting.

5) In Will's OP he wasn't talking directly about KoJ, he meant anyone that got that castle at the end w/o fighting for it.

6) Stop derailing the fucking topic with your useless 12yr old drama. The topic is about wheter or not switching to one castle is or isn't a good idea.

So back on said topic, I don't think it would be a good idea because I believe it will just end up with one group turtling the castle while everyone zerk rushes and dies against the precast eventually tiring out the smaller guilds trying to compete.

[Image: 2wnxvtw.png]

Proud Member of Desolation of Eden
10-29-2011 02:21 AM