Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reduce castles in woe to 1
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

RE:??Reduce castles in woe to 1

Shikari Wrote:2) Jens, holy fucking shit, all you can do is rant about everyones lack of english knowladge. Deal the f*** with it, not everyone lives in U.S. of fucking A, other countries that DON'T speak english exist.

1) Actually, the US players are among the worst, grammar-wise. I hail from a non-anglophone country myself.
2) Grammar (or lack thereof) was NOT my main point. It was the overall tone of the post, hateful, attacking pre-emptively and giving the feel of being written hastely by a 15 year old with foaming mouth, red mist before eyes and clenched teeth. "HOW DARE THEY EVEN SPEAK ABOUT IT!"

I agree, though. Instead of constructive solution, threads like this always degrade to fights between (too) serious WoErs and less serious/non-WoErs.

[Image: 4NuAbXh.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2011 08:28 AM by Jens.)
10-29-2011 08:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

RE: ??Reduce castles in woe to 1

Jens Wrote:...All that other shit he said.
I agree, though. Instead of constructive solution, threads like this always degrade to fights between (too) serious WoErs and less serious/non-WoErs.

Have you considered you try much too hard? Its obvious there are a few people mad here over WoE and/or not getting their way. Just leave them be and keep the omgengrish comments out of it- unless its absolutely necessary.

Internet; Tis not absolutely required to call people out on their flaws, even if they are talking stupidly through them.

Anyways, to post something actually meaningful before this thread is locked for immature behavior, its pretty much how Shikari recently said along with others before him. One castle=inevitable turtling in the emp room.

At least with multiple castles the people that actually try to take one over, even if it is the last 5 minutes, are rewarded with guild dungeons/loot. We needed that. What bit of it leaks into the market is helpful, considering forever there the 'top' guilds pretty much hoarded everything they got ahold of, as far as I know. I suspect others seeing people doing this, may spark a little more "Hey, we can get "free" shit if we just go take a castle" among existing and future guilds. I know it does for me personally, as free shit is appealing, you know

. I mean hell, WoE can be enjoyable. Its obvious the ones that've tried it mostly enjoyed it.

We don't have 'enough' for WoE 2.0 apparently, even though I personally feel that wouldn't be an end-all magicky fix to the issues at hand; It may just promote a bit more competition and tact than there is already.

Excuse any disorganization, I just woke up. @_@

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
10-29-2011 10:05 AM
raphael.cruger Offline
>:|

RE: Reduce castles in woe to 1

+1 takhara and some of shikari lol

Also who's not getting their way?!? Idk what the problem is lol if anyone's gonna be complaining it shud be us wtf.

And guys please stop. Stay on topic really this is just juvenile.
Also yea i agree with thatpersonwhosaid:
Threads like this are the reason pvm guys avoid woe. Honestly its scary you guys just flip sometimes Q_Q.

And yea to whoever said koj is getting free castles you're wrong; my analysis is the other 2 guilds cannot devote a large force at the last minute to pront since doing so puts their own castles at risk of a last minute rush. Our precast also does not suck nowIcon_biggrin??IMO its a risk they should take very very seriously from now on /gg

Also on topic as eloquently as I can for Jens <3

Beeeeeeg nono on catsel ony 1, gud 3 iz gud np, piece man.
KEEP YAWNIN BRAH \m/

The struggle to free myself of restraints becomes my very shackles. - Meshuggah
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2011 02:57 PM by raphael.cruger.)
10-29-2011 02:54 PM
Mara Offline
Self Titled Goddess

RE:??Reduce castles in woe to 1

In This Thread Wrote:"RAEG QUITS"

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!!! QQ"

"They wouldn't touch it with a ten foot poll."

and more "QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ"

Talk about having some melt downs people, i don't think we have enough cleaning detergent for all the crap being thrown around.

Anyway, i support the lower the castle numbers, BUT, not to one single castle. My suggestion would be for it to be lowered to 2 castles as it once was and for a third castle to open on festive months/times of the year (pretty much when the server pop is most active).

I still insist that we have a "WoE 2" event for a month, 4 weeks of WoE2 is more than enough to get a good amount of Feedback and know if people could actually like/dislike it. Since most of the time that an event of this kind is run only once, most people tend to miss it and GMs can't get a decent amount of feedback making it hard to judge if it would be good to implement or not.

Mara: 9x/50 Soul Linker
Mami: +89/50 Priest <3
Lind: 9x/6x Champion
Urtool: 9x/5x Creator - Paz: 99 Lif
Noob Behind A Bow: hurr/durr DERP DERP
10-29-2011 08:30 PM
pnutbuttajelly Offline
PBJ > AMJ

So can GMs make a comment or something about whether or not this is being considered? Because if something doesn't happen soon, no doubt more people will leave. To just let that happen is stupid and will kill the server.

To whoever says reducing to 1 castle will make things worse where one guild will "monopolize" WoE, read this thread's first post.

Shinibu Wrote:DoE isn't all powerful like people think and can easily lose a castle if people are willing to put the effort to just get some basic gears and to use slim whites/blues to break through.

Then read Navis' words of inspiration.

Navis Wrote:The only reason the two guilds are successful or "already in the lead" is because of the time the members put into getting their own gear and the effort they put into having the correct builds and enough supplies to WoE.

I'm sure if the newer, smaller guilds that wanted to WoE were to stop crying so much and actually start spending some time improving their gear, they'd become just as strong as Behemoth or DoE in the same amount of time it took for the two "monopoly guilds" to come up, if not faster.

IT'S NOT THAT HARD.

Quote:Will says:
If they ever tell my story, let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names will never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Proto, raper of noobs. Let them say, I lived, In the time, Of Pnut.
10-30-2011 02:04 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

That question seems to come up in every thread.
Are we reading?

The answer is the same every time.
Yes, yes we are.

Have we had a huge discussion about any of it yet?
No. The threads been up for not even 2.5 days. In that time we've had a PvP tournament, ToH and about one bajillion host issues, all over a weekend.
No doubt the thread will come up.

Though, to be honest, I find this back and forth of "Not enough people to have 2/3 castles" and "If WoEers leave, the server will die!" a little contradictory.
That's not to say I don't understand the issue. I do, but that back and forth of that argument makes me wtf a little.

However, in short. Yes, we're reading. We're always reading. Our brains are exploding from reading.

Edit:

However, some further thoughts to consider.

IF the number of castles was to be reduced again, especially to one, what would happen to chests? Would they go back to randomised? Would they cycle dependent on week, month, etc? Would Alde stay derandomised to further encourage nontrans, and then the 1 or 2 castles be random from the rest?

When we've reduced the amount of castles in the past, we've never forced a guild to surrender a castle. It's always happened upon a guild's offering.
Would guilds, in the end, be willing to give up their castle? Or two castles, if it came to that?
Would they want to give up their econ and investments?

If not enough guilds came forward, what do we do? If we were to force a guild to close a castle, no matter how, there would be calls of bias. Past recent threads have shown us that people are still ready to sling that accusation.

So, there's a lot more to discuss than just how many castles to open/close.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

10-30-2011 02:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pnutbuttajelly Offline
PBJ > AMJ

Thank you.

Quote:Will says:
If they ever tell my story, let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names will never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Proto, raper of noobs. Let them say, I lived, In the time, Of Pnut.
10-30-2011 02:47 AM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

Eek. Post in between. Just did a great big edit to my post above, that is actually relevant.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

10-30-2011 02:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

As Circe said, yes this thread has been read. We thank everyone who offered constructive feedbacs and /or suggestions, some of them are being discussed by the GM team.

Meanwhile, for several weeks now (aka before this thread and others emerged or got major necro bumped) a castle rotation was planned, we decided to wait until after the birthday/halloween since we had a lot on our plates, I also wanted to add the WoE participation points rewards so I finished that a few weeks ago. Both will be coming in the next reboot, big thanks to GM-Salt who scripted the rotate.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
11-08-2011 11:08 AM