Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's for dinner~
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

RE:????What's for dinner~

Apples Wrote:
takhara Wrote:
Apples Wrote:Hmmz yummy, Like mac and cheese =D?
I love mac and cheese with tuna.

I remember my brother didn't like carrot as much so I would puree it into the pasta sauce~ It made paste sauce??slightly sweeter but adding splash of red wine makes is pretty tangy again.

The wine sounds like a tasty addition indeed. =)

Sort of like...what stores sell called "Hamburger Helper" in a box, but I made it home made with tuna. =) I melted big slices of fresh cheese into it, the creamy kind, so it + the powder I used made it a zesty, and creamy, dish.

I had canned sliced carrots m'self. Didnt have fresh on hand. I be poor

What is the powder =x?

I kinda wanna try what you made >o<!! I even bought a block of cheese! was it cheddar xD?

It was...soft american cheese, in a big block. The powder was some zesty cheese mixture. Can't recall exactly now. Sorry Likely had garlic and the like in it, if I enjoyed it so much.

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
01-07-2012 11:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lena Away
No one

RE: What's for dinner~

mm for dinner I'm having picadillo. It's a Cuban dish, and basically white rice, black beans and seasoned meat...

Though I like to dress mine up! For the rice, I use a rice cooker! 2 cups of water to one cup of rice, but sometimes I like to use 1 cup water, 1 cup chicken broth Icon_biggrin.

For the meat, I cook onions, garlic, green onions and parsley together in a pan, then add the meat to it once the onions start to brown *-* adds that sweet, yummy goodness to it... Then I'll add this um..powder to it, it's by Goya, It's called "Sazon" xD Be sure to get the one that says "Con Azafran"!! Along with the powder I add bay leaves, a splash of cooking wine (I use a mexican/hispanic brand but it's all up to what you have/your peculiar taste), a small can of tomato sauce, and I throw in a good amount of olives. If you're feeling adventurous, you can even splash in some of the olive juice!

As the meat cooks down, I start on the black beans :o I use Goya's brand of beans, but you can use any brand you want Icon_biggrin if i'm feeling lazy, I just put onion and garlic powder in them, but sometimes i'll scoop out the onion mixture for the meat and put it in there (before I put the raw meat into the pan of course XD ) Sprinke a packet of Sazon into it, let it warm and tada!! Beans done!

now, serving wise you can do it any way you want, but usually I get a bowl, scoop rice into it, then put the meat in (be sure to throw any bay leaves you see back into the pan xD) and then the beans on top! but it's all up to how you want it Icon_biggrin

buut....that's my dinner lmao. sorry for the long post xDD!
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2012 01:23 AM by Lena.)
01-08-2012 12:16 AM
Nero Offline
Ribbity Ribbit Mc Ribbit

I dont have to cook....

hahahahahahahaha

[Image: ejeglv.jpg]
Arukei Wrote:And NeRO hanging above a shark infested pool. >:c
[Image: 121dht5.jpg]
Some Things You Just Can't Explain.

Am back.... as lord of AFK
01-08-2012 12:20 AM
raphael.cruger Offline
>:|

This thread just makes me hungry.

The struggle to free myself of restraints becomes my very shackles. - Meshuggah
01-08-2012 07:54 PM
Apples Offline

RE:??What's for dinner~

Lena Wrote:mm for dinner I'm having picadillo. It's a Cuban dish, and basically white rice, black beans and seasoned meat...

Though I like to dress mine up! For the rice, I use a rice cooker! 2 cups of water to one cup of rice, but sometimes I like to use 1 cup water, 1 cup chicken broth Icon_biggrin.

For the meat, I cook onions, garlic, green onions and parsley together in a pan, then add the meat to it once the onions start to brown *-* adds that sweet, yummy goodness to it... Then I'll add this um..powder to it, it's by Goya, It's called "Sazon" xD Be sure to get the one that says "Con Azafran"!! Along with the powder I add bay leaves, a splash of cooking wine (I use a mexican/hispanic brand but it's all up to what you have/your peculiar taste), a small can of tomato sauce, and I throw in a good amount of olives. If you're feeling adventurous, you can even splash in some of the olive juice!

As the meat cooks down, I start on the black beans :o I use Goya's brand of beans, but you can use any brand you want Icon_biggrin if i'm feeling lazy, I just put onion and garlic powder in them, but sometimes i'll scoop out the onion mixture for the meat and put it in there (before I put the raw meat into the pan of course XD ) Sprinke a packet of Sazon into it, let it warm and tada!! Beans done!

now, serving wise you can do it any way you want, but usually I get a bowl, scoop rice into it, then put the meat in (be sure to throw any bay leaves you see back into the pan xD) and then the beans on top! but it's all up to how you want it Icon_biggrin

buut....that's my dinner lmao. sorry for the long post xDD!

Oh man! I wish I saw this earlier!
I will try it this week. I haven't explore cuban dishes yet!
But I am not a fan of beans for savory food. Would it be necessary to have it?
I'll be on the look out for Sazon. Maybe buying sazon will get into more cooking other flavorful Hispanic* food.
Also, jasmine rice will do well? I hope.

Thanks
^~^

*Would it be consider Hispanic? Sorry if I was wrong and made an offensive.
?)

IGN:
Red.Apple
Candy.Apple
01-29-2012 06:10 AM
Apples Offline

So Valentine is coming up soon!
I don't exactly got a sweetheart nor have someone who holds my heart.
So, I am not making any homemade chocolates for this year.
Too much troubles last year!

This year will be cake~!
Yummy moist double rich chocolate cake for my classmates and a personal cake for my roommate and I.

Apples places a secret ingredient in her cake! dunn dunn dun!
Zucchini ! (Sound weird?) It is like carrot take but I use zucchini instead.
It helps reducing egg. Using vinegar and baking soda to fluff the cake.
Also I omit any milk. You don't taste it, no texture, nada. Other then it may comes off a little plain but that's where the coco comes in.
(I'm too used to baking a few vegan recipe or "diet" ones for friends and family).
Never be afraid of vegan recipe, sometime they work pretty well.
And sense it is chocolate cake, if you find really great quality coco, it never fails.
One time, I had bad bad coco, it made my baking goods tasted brunt!
Anyways, I like trying to make things healthier, it always makes the other person feel a little better and less regret of what they are eating!

Apple's Valentine cake plan.
-Dark dark chocolate cake

-Thinking about chocolate frosting and white chocolate filling! or maybe the other way around...

-And strawberries! or some kind of topping (any one has suggestions?)

Remember,
Valentine's Day isn't necessary for romantic lovers;it can be for all kind of love, including for friends, family and etc.

IGN:
Red.Apple
Candy.Apple
01-29-2012 06:18 AM
Lena Away
No one

@ apples nah the beans aren't necessary xD you could always try something else :o and Yeah Sazon is a Hispanic seasoning xD no offence taken xD

and any kind of rice works :o I buy white rice cause it's cheaper here xD
and yeah!! though you can use sazon on pretty much anything XD I used it to season my french fries the other night and they had a nice taste to them Icon_biggrin

and your cake sounds delicious *_*
01-31-2012 07:32 PM