Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nostalgia March
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

RE: Nostalgia March

Or better yet-

Fish in WoE- with no fish use animation.

I'm standing here tanking everything you're doing- AND THERE'S NO ANIMATION SAYING THAT I'M POTTING!
03-28-2012 07:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

RE:??Nostalgia March

Aaronock Wrote:Man I totally miss the old woe days, they were intense battles despite their size. =/

Maybe its because 80% of the server back then actually WoE'd too.

Size never really mattered *that* much for woe on any server though. They're certainly different but they have their own unique pros and cons. In a "real/large" woe, whitesmith is a support class and you fix crap ASAP spamming it on allies. In a "small" woe like old heRO, whitesmith is a dps beast.

Small woe that's common in private server is different but still functional. I don't think that the pool size really mattered in comparison to new people joining in to replace the ones that left. Once you know who got what gears and what to look out for, there's no surprises left. New pvpers, I imagine, always add to the mystery that now you need to re-learn what these new guys do for their guild and so on, even if the overall number of woe-ers didn't change.

[/random theorycrafting even if she has 0 intention to pvp ever in anything]

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
03-29-2012 07:36 AM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

Small WoE = Sonic blow is the SinX DPS
Large WoE = you spend 80% of the time grimming large amount of invaders.

Snipers in a narrow path: SS is also a good think if done correctly.

anyhow... surprise, players can offer that if they use their brain... Sneak, plan, use strategy and surprise your opponents with something they don't expect.
03-29-2012 03:51 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Namine, the problem now isn't the NUMBER of WoErs, in and of itself.??It's the distribution of the WoEing population among guilds that really leads to stagnation.??It doesn't seem to be avoidable on heRO, though.??Something about this server only seems to allow one dominant guild at a time.??Resistance happens, the best was probably the near-server wide alliance against LoA back in the day - THOSE were some fun WoEs, imo.

EDIT: Maybe it's the server age. Other servers (mid/high rate) take measures against overabundance of GRs, GTBs, etc. Either they nerf the effects, or they ban them in certain settings, or something. This is because everyone knows the game is not balanced for a ton of these items to be on one "team." On one player no amount of imba-items are a game-changer because teamwork > gear in most situations. But when a whole (or large portion) of one side has too much good stuff then it starts to affect the game.

The fact that GRs used to be so easy to come by is still a factor, too, I think.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2012 04:14 PM by azurerogue.)
03-29-2012 04:10 PM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE:??Nostalgia March

azurerogue Wrote:Namine, the problem now isn't the NUMBER of WoErs, in and of itself.??It's the distribution of the WoEing population among guilds that really leads to stagnation.??It doesn't seem to be avoidable on heRO, though.??Something about this server only seems to allow one dominant guild at a time.??Resistance happens, the best was probably the near-server wide alliance against LoA back in the day - THOSE were some fun WoEs, imo.

EDIT: Maybe it's the server age.??Other servers (mid/high rate) take measures against overabundance of GRs, GTBs, etc.??Either they nerf the effects, or they ban them in certain settings, or something.??This is because everyone knows the game is not balanced for a ton of these items to be on one "team."??On one player no amount of imba-items are a game-changer because teamwork > gear in most situations.??But when a whole (or large portion) of one side has too much good stuff then it starts to affect the game.

The fact that GRs used to be so easy to come by is still a factor, too, I think.

yarr, made this point several times on several "woe whine" threads before and it's still relevant so +1 Ok

W
03-30-2012 06:42 AM