Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nostalgia March
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Nostalgia March

*follows micer in glaring at nami*

W

PS: pfft aaron, i don't usually snoop at them profiles, guess i will now...
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2012 07:30 AM by mahawirasd.)
02-26-2012 07:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Neuneck Offline
Back on the road!

How appropriate, I decided to check the forums in march!
YAY for nostalgia.

Have a good time everyone!

Mr Moe - 99/69 SinX
Mr Satch - 9x/6x Clown
Mr Power - Xx/Xx Whitesmith
Mr Strafe - 9x/50 Hunter - Coffee Break
Mr Heal - 9x/50 Priest
03-12-2012 03:49 AM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Man, after grinding on my SN for a bit, I kinda want a nostalgia rollback for seals too.??I mean it's good leveling now, but only if you're the only person on the map,??I joined when it was popular, but never acquired the gears and stuff to kill them efficiently before their numbers were nerfed, maybe like add 20-30 seals to the beach area?? This would mean??all the people who didn't sell??their specially carded 4-slot weapons for seals might get some use for them again. =p And we can have the glorious days before Mr. Hatter came into existance and Seals were as common and de-valued as Hill Winds are now before Seal cards became hatter.

?Maybe a nostalgia rollback for louyang too, when all the Mi gao spawned right in the middle area and people kept whining because some buttmunch was killing the mantis.
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2012 01:10 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
03-16-2012 12:08 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Remember when our entire guild goes on mantis killing Oka to force everyone away, then power level on it ourselves with Ex? XD

Technically, with the new maps giving way more ridiculous amount of exp than these old maps, rerolling them back to their ancient state is probably not gamebreaking anymore. It just spreads people out from moscovia and rachel.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
03-25-2012 06:19 AM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

I like that idea. Changing those maps back to their old respawn rates, would hardly make them competitive with the current grinding areas, so what harm is there to changing them back?

I approve of this thought.

Rachel, Seals, and Louyang back to their old school format!
03-25-2012 05:29 PM
Squall Offline
~SupAh FlY~

Of all the games I've played this server remains to be the most memorable experience I've ever had. I don't recall things specifically from March but, I do remember the days when 4-8 people would train at seals 'round the clock and there still would be enough unless talenawolf started mobbing. I remember when aaronock first joined LoA and even though she was one of the weirdest people I met it was still fun to talk to her. I remember when this server lost dual client and about 80% of the server was against the decision but, Pandora did it anyway....and it brought us closer together.

I've never allied/joined Behe so I don't really have any happy memories to input Icon_razz. But, I remember Kohaku because he was one of the rare people in that guild that was pretty nice to me (This suprised me since I treated nearly everyone in an enemy guild poorly back then) and we even talked a little once. I remember ExDeath making a new character like every hour and fishing like a monster alongside my brother n guildies. After WoE we would sometimes guess how many dory fish we made him waste thinking he could tank usIcon_twisted . Actually, now when I think about it I don't even know where Ex went, he just disappeared.

Somewhere around then were the LW days when it seemed like they had 40 people on for woe and we had to call everyone and their mothers to fight them. The veterans are probably complaining about the state of Woe now because it won't compare to the intensity back then. Or maybe it's just nostalgia? Icon_razz Either way, it was fun fighting against them??each WoE and trying to one-up them with some new mini-boss card I never got, or farming starsands for my lazy guildmates. It was the drive to beat another great guild that kept me here for that time period. After nearly every WoE everyone would go into PvP to go at it for an hour or so until we'd chill in Payon talking about everything and nothing. OR I'd go to Comodo see what LW was saying (not sure if this was their main town but some were there i think ;o). I remember when everyone didn't have a ghostring/deviling/angeling card and when they did??our spies would figure out who was wearing what for woeEvil I remember ClouD1 was one of the first to get that werid custom helm I never liked...(blessed something?) and he'd dance and clear PvP with gospel stats using bowling bash like a boss. Even that one professor, Albus something, who would always dispel my energy coat and piss me off.

Bah, anyway talking about all these things just makes me feel old which is horrible for someone under 20 lol but I couldnt help adding to this thread since I was just passing by~ I have tons more I could share but yeah you get the idea, this was a great server even though it was stuck in the past sort of....it kind of gives the game its own unique feel (until you start getting +7-10 equips and mvp cards anyways) with all the broken custom gears and fun quests if your a PvM type. Cry nostalgia hits you like a brick/car/truck/AD/Asura/Incantation SB

03-27-2012 11:35 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:??Nostalgia March

Namine Wrote:Remember when our entire guild goes on mantis killing Oka to force everyone away, then power level on it ourselves with Ex? XD

Technically, with the new maps giving way more ridiculous amount of exp than these old maps, rerolling them back to their ancient state is probably not gamebreaking anymore. It just spreads people out from moscovia and rachel.
Oh yea! Ex was quite possibly the most skilled vertical fire-waller I've ever known. I can understand how he sorta faded out from heRO though, he hated people and rarely if ever used the forums, he wouldn't cause a whole lot of drama over it if he was leaving.

He didn't like to talk outside of guild or PM's either. Spouting stuff like "The only people I actually have to talk to are the GM's, they can go ahead and report me if they want to." Ex was a fun dude.
03-28-2012 09:53 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Mmm. Nostalgia.

I know old ways I'd like back.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
03-28-2012 12:42 PM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

One thing that came up in Squall's post that I wouldn't mind putting back- FISH IN WOE!

Yes please.
03-28-2012 05:54 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Man I totally miss the old woe days, they were intense battles despite their size. =/

Maybe its because 80% of the server back then actually WoE'd too.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
03-28-2012 06:22 PM