Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dark vs Light WoE
Jens Offline
Weird Spider Sir

RE:??Dark vs Light WoE

Ellie Wrote:You and your expectations that everything be around you, and if not, no one else should have anything either, is pathetic, and degrading to everyone else who identifies as a PVPer.

I'm done here.

Just a typical PvPer mentality,??"PVP IS THE ULTIMATE THING AND EVERYTHING REVOLVES AROUND IT, ANYTHING ELSE IS MENIAL AND UNWORTHY. I DEMAND TOP PRIORITY FOR PVP FROM GMS. WHO DISAGREES IS AN EFFING NOOB AND SHOULD QUIT."

What did you expect?

cane 33 Wrote:And if u want RP events (why u forgot Werewolf when u see the last RP event? Coerence ftw asd), not blame PvP without know ._.

Werewolf is something completely different - one-off without any continuity and separate from the heRO storyline (and from the RO universe itself).

[Image: 4NuAbXh.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2012 10:20 AM by Jens.)
09-11-2012 10:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

RE: Dark vs Light WoE

Let me get this straight- you're complaining that the person who is doing his job at working on RP events, as the RP GM is favoring RP?

SOMEONE GO CALL THE POLICE SOMEONE IS DOING THEIR JOB!!!!

I think it's a well needed refresh. True, story line based, heRO exclusive, custom RP events haven't been on this server for YEARS, and as a server that originally advertised that it was an RP server, it's about time that it's coming back.

If you don't like an event; don't show up.

If you like an event and want to see more of it; show up.

The biggest way to progress something on this server is by pure numbers. The bigger the parties that show up to events are, the more those events get made. So with 50+ people showing up to this at the first go around, versus the 5 people that try to show up to BG, I'm glad that the numbers show the support for something that has been missing on this server FOR YEARS.

Stop trying to say that PvP players are getting the short end of the stick, because honestly, you're not. Just because you complain the most and start the most drama does not mean that you're getting left out of the picture. All that means is that you're spoiled.

Let's review everything between these two areas-

What PvP players have had at their fingertips for the past 2 years-
Custom BG introduced to the server
Hourly BG
BG keys
BG items
Weekly WoE
WoE Points
WoE rewards
Castle rotation in WoE
Guild dungeons (yes they have gvg turned on which a lot of people forget about)
Custom PvP gears (shown at the last fairy auction)
Multiple PvP rooms that are constantly open
The ability to @duel on just about any map in case you get bored of the PvP rooms
ToH PvP
ToH mass battle
Fairy Auction turning pvp on, on maps that are not traditionally pvp.

HeRO story line with ANYTHING involving light or dark since Ayu retired-
nothing

So yes, please tell me more about how the story line events of heRO are getting priority over PvP.
09-11-2012 10:55 AM
cane 33 Offline
Pancake

And continue to not undestrand.
Really let me close here
Read that heRo promose pvp is SO FUN.

[Image: 2uikp3q.jpg]

Ren is the best
09-11-2012 11:05 AM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

At what point does heRO not deliver at pvp?

You keep complaining about the lack of attention towards PvP on the server yet you haven't shown us where.

We have given you proof that RP has been left behind and forgotten about. Where is your proof that the server has left you behind?

On RMS, our server says that we have "exciting" pvp ( http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=d...sname=heRO ) if you're not excited by it, then there's nothing more that our server can do to make you happy because the GM team has given you tons of custom coding to make you happy. You're sitting there complaining that you're not excited about something that you're actually getting and can be involved in with LOADS of custom work added to it so that it can be something unique just for us on this server.

Know what is exciting? Having RP FINALLY come back to the server after two years of being gone. I wish that I could make all things pvp disappear from heRO for two years, just so you could understand how great it is to see RP coming back to heRO.
09-11-2012 11:26 AM
cane 33 Offline
Pancake

Then, let me see if I can clear for the last time.

1) On RMS there is write that is exciting? AND THEN? RMS can say all that he can: I know to use my head and I determinate if this is true or false (naturally IMFO, is tacit, but maybe u need that I write everywhere?). This server don't think a lot on PvP and is useless to say the vicerversa: just see how is old the WoE/BG and all BGs that miss.

2) I'm not blaming RP, I just start this discussion because people start complain RP with PvP only for the Event's name.

3) Chaucher is doing all that he can and Rahice is always on. Aren't the GM the problem here, but someone else.

Wanna continue?

[Image: 2uikp3q.jpg]

Ren is the best
09-11-2012 11:36 AM
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

GM is not wrong with the event naming..
the event indeed involve emperium (and please dont tell me that its not true just because no one manage to reach the emperium).

so it is indeed a war of emperium
09-11-2012 01:39 PM
EvolutionXI Offline
Sniped

What I find out of role is the fact that there are both "Light Alle." and "Dark Alle." monsters in the castle at the same time. Wasn't this supposed to be Dark vs. Light? It'd make more sense if only monsters of the opposite allegiance are in there along with the regular monsters (i.e., Light monsters Vs Dark players and Dark monsters Vs. Light players).
Sure it might mean doubling the amount of custom monsters since you would need the same for both sides, but you could also make minor changes like soul strike and dark soul strike.

As for this event being PvP...the event JUST started. It's still possible that the GM's might have PvP planned for the later parts of the event. For example, if we treat this as a new castle where you have to kill monsters to claim it, we're just at the point of seeing who claims the castle first. If Light kills the emperium first, it could turn into an actual PvP event where Light has to defend and Dark tries to steal.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2012 03:42 PM by EvolutionXI.)
09-11-2012 03:34 PM
Former-GM-Chaucer Offline

I'm sorry if I didn't explain it that well on the monsters being both light and dark. That would be my fault.

The reason there is both light and dark monsters is that Melot and Thea had to come to an agreement of what would be in the castle. Both wanted their side to get bonuses and the other side to get hurt, so instead of Melot setting up the map against light or Thea creating the map for light to attack, both being biased, it was instead a compromise of which monsters from both sides would be used against both light and dark so that it would be fair for both sides.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Also, the times for the next two events have been announced.
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=22529

Thursday 7pm server.
Saturday 11 am server.

[Image: AEy8c.png]
09-11-2012 03:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

@Ada: those opinions/whining shows how the GM do not value WoE/BG. It is CLEARLY not in their priorities. (read lower facts)

@RP players: I get what you guys mean and I hope we get good RPs. Thus, RP falls into this fancy/luxe category. However, I think it's a good idea, it enhance players' game experience and allows people to go out of the game's basic routine. But if you want to RP in your RPG, it's fine, it's just up to the GM, spending time, planning it, hosting it, etc... rather than coding/fixing bugs, adding all the updates etc.

I think there are huge miss understandings here:
1. I'm not saying RP is bad and I want you all to get nothing;
2. I'm not saying the GMs are doing nothing, but there are stuffs to be worked on and improved (priorities are miss-placed);

What I'm saying is: Instead of spending time on non-vital coding, focus on the games foundation/updates.

-Why is Endless tower still bugged? (PvM)
-Why are new dungeons/new MVPs from original servers not out? (PvM)
-Where is Pandora's box? (PvM I suppose?)
-What happened to Vocano friday? (PVM)
-Why are alternative BG like original server do not exist? (PvP)
-WoE rotation is not automatic (relate to my suggestion post, Pandora replied)
-How come we get fancy hats that are 95% of the time useless instead of vital things?

You guys understand what I mean? The people who takes part in BG/WoE gives suggestions that were approved are mostly not implemented. Players who wants RP/PvM have not been heard.

-CP-
09-11-2012 04:39 PM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

Double post:

Suggestion for the event: I will definitively come and try it out thursday.
1- Light's victory is not legit (unless they did it 2x faster than Dark). I'de like to have the score set back to 0-0.
2- Prepare the castles according to the numbers of participants. If 48+ people has to fight the same amount of monsters/difficulty than >24, it doesn't make any sens to me (advantage Light); [proposition: if you can't control the numbers of monsters, why not handicap them? Block all the none WoE skills/items; vice-versa is Dark has a higher turn out than Light).
3- Monsters spawning through time is a good idea, but pick something else than those 10k HP explosives... when 20 of those mob at the portal, who the heck can tank 200k with no Woe reduction on?
4- Activate the WoE bans (certain items/skills that are not usable in WoE), if not, I have a way to make Dark Win.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2012 04:47 PM by ChaosPrince.)
09-11-2012 04:45 PM