Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Light Side 1 - Dark Side 0
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

RE: Light Side 1 - Dark Side 0

Yes. Being on this particular server is a CHOICE. Based on personal preference. The people who are on this server are here because they want to be. For whatever reason, despite all of the things you seem to dislike about the server, you are still choosing to be here. Which is not to say that no one should ever complain about anything or suggest things to be improved, but there are civil, polite ways to go about that sort of thing that don't include talking smack about an entire allegiance and its players, telling people that the way they like to play isn't the "right" way, or accusing the GMs of bias (and so forth). The way you've been shooting down everyone that tries to disagree with you is rubbing me the wrong way, which is the only reason I'm responding to it at all. All I'm looking for is some clarification, because you seem to be negating your own points as you try to make them, and it's gotten really confusing. For example, you talk about the Light side being a bunch of "cherry pickers" and then say that Dark ends up using their PvM characters for ToH because it's easier, and that's the reason why we lose. Fact: if you're using your PvM characters because it's easier, you're being a "cherry picker" too! So how is that a valid argument against what the Light side is doing? I don't get it.

Anyway, getting back to your question... The GMs do what they can to accommodate folks in other time zones, but it's really not fair to expect them to disrupt their own lives to stay up until all odd hours of the day/night in their own time zones. The players in other time zones obviously like the server enough to stick around despite those sorts of complications, so, again, yes - personal preference. Farming for resources and hours of grinding - CHOICES. You've said yourself that those things require effort. If people don't want to put in the effort, that's their choice. It doesn't make them lesser players. It means they play differently.

As for me being an exception as far as the gears go - so that means I shouldn't have the gear that I like, because it's not the gear that you like? 'Fraid not. By all means, keep petitioning for a set of transparent wings for the Dark side. But I figure the reason we don't have one yet is probably because it's not as in-demand as other things that are taking up the GMs' time and attention.

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
09-15-2012 02:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

*Claps after reading Demi's latest post on this topic*

That was beautifully written.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
09-15-2012 07:40 AM
Nachi Offline

The thread says something about saturday... is this today?
There's no date given, but i think today's the first saturday since the thread was opened... or am i mistaken? Thinking
*would like to participate in such an event too*
09-15-2012 08:58 AM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

Event starts in 1h30, (11am EST).

@Demi:
1. I don't care about the transparent wing either;
2. Cherry picker in terms of they only reach 70 points+ by leeching from the ToH mass battle;
3. Are you trying to say PvPers should be no lifers? Seriously, I'm a PvP oriented person, but I play lazy as hell! Farmers does the farming, I just buy the materiels off them. I saved up and used my stuff only when it truly matters - opportunistic, not personal preference;
4. And your last resort, when you run out of arguments, are either a)choose between the GM's way or the highway; b) GTFO if you don't like it.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, welcome to North Korea!
Gangnam (North Korean) Style [for the LOLs]: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYBCgV6a5kE
09-15-2012 09:37 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

</3 Aaronock

naw, not all ppl who changed sides were because of the transparent wings. Some already had both light and dark chars, they just decided to show up as different allegiances based on who they want to play against that month. I know at least one person who used pots like no tomorrow way back before bubblegums/beewings/lunakaleet abuse was there, but i'm sure other people took TOH seriously and went monster-pvp with tons of pots and still potted in mass pvp. So please don't disrespect people who actually farmed their own pots by generalizing.

It's not about being a no-life, it's about being known as a person who took pvp seriously by not reverting to pvm chars just because it was "easier"/"cheaper". If you do go as a pvm class and act like a pvm class, then you are in no position to demand a pvp event. Offer still stands, get 10 a month for 6 months and i'll make that thread.

W
09-15-2012 10:32 AM
Nachi Offline

Yay.
The event was fun!

What i liked best is that my party members supported me, even though i was close to useless. If i can, i'll do these events again. No1

European-friendly time was perfect for me, but i still have a suggestion:
It was kinda hard sitting in pron for 45mins+, just waiting. Next time you could go for fixed start times, like: "Light starts at 11, Dark starts at 12".
The event would probably get longer this way, but it would be easier to fit it into rl.

For example, i wanted to do several things today, but didn't know for sure when it would be my turn (dark party), so i ended up sitting in front of the computer grinding my teeth, while my parents complained and the sun slowly started setting and nothing happened ingame.
It would have been easy to do those things before the event, had i known it was our turn at 11:45.

Anyway, nice event.
09-15-2012 01:04 PM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

I'm with you, Nachi! Had a lot of fun. I was feeling pretty useless, too, but my party didn't leave me dead on the floor, and people finally figured out that the reason my skills weren't working was because of /noshift, so that was great. \o/ The more times we do the event, the better we'll get at it. Icon_smile I was pretty much flying blind; didn't even realize we were in the emp room until we wiped. Sweat

As far as the time goes, setting them an hour apart could work, IMO. If we keep doing these and discover that the average time it takes to get through the castle starts increasing/decreasing, the timing could be adjusted accordingly. This was only the third run, so I don't know if the time will stay the same or not. Only took about 20 minutes each the first time the event happened. Not sure about Thursday's. Then 45-ish each today. But having a set time WOULD be convenient, for sure.

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
09-15-2012 01:30 PM