Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Upcoming SVN change
Neko Wolf Offline

RE: Upcoming SVN change

I know that I'm (very) new, and sorry for posting this when the last post was on the 10th, heh, but, if I may, I would like to say something. I read earlier in this topic about gunslingers and being overpowered. I do not know much of what is going on (or rather, as far as I know, the verdict is still pending). Well, I've used a Gunslinger before. And I would like to say some things about it; don't worry, I have no intention of arguement.

First thing is that they are not very weapon-versatile. To use a weapon to it's best extent, you can only, let's say, "master" perhaps two kinds of guns (as, they can equip no other weapons; it's either a gun (including the Gernade Launcher) or nothing). Due to how the skill tree is set up. For example, if you want to learn to use the Gatling gun, you need several skills that are based around the Handgun. Lv.3 Chain Reaction, Lv.7 Rapid Shower, Lv.5 Desperado. Then you should learn Gatling Fever, and probably Madness Canceller. And every gunslinger should probably max out both Snake Eye and Single Action (it's especially helpful since they work on all guns).

But you must also consider the fact of the job level cap. You cannot learn all the skills there; if you could, then THAT would be overpowering. Also, the good stuff, like Tracking, costs, in my opinion, quite a bit of SP. Level 10 Tracking, which does 1500% damage, has a 3-second target time (in which, during stronger enemies,??you can get hit and take good damage), and costs 60 SP; although admittingly, it's interuptable, however, it's also unmodifiable. It's not a wise thing to necessarily use against tough enemies, I find.

Someone earlier mentioned their Disarm ability. It does 100% damage, so it's like a normal attack I guess, however, it's base success of disarming is only 15%, and if the damages is blocked (it's considered as a ranged physical attack), then there is no chance of disarming. Actually, looking back...I'll take it apart a bit: the possibily of a double attack is handguns only and when mastered, is only a 50% chance. That Bleeding possibility is very small chance. 5x5 area is Desperado, and the targets are random (unless you're talking about Spread Attack, in which your information is incorrect). There was mention about Bleeding. It's Piercing Shot, and when mastered is only 15% chance. I'll skip the rest and get onto Ground Drift. It lasts only 30 seconds when mastered, and costs 40 SP. I'm not trying to make an arguement or anything, I'm just pointing this out from that one post to clarify. These skills he speaks off, there is no way you can master all of them; just a few. Again, due to how the skilltree was set up. To get the only gatling gun skill, you need several skills invested into the Handgun skills; the same is for the Gernade Launchers, except instead of handgun, its shotgun skills.

A bit about Gatling guns. I will admit, I never used them, but I do know that without Gatling Fever, you shouldn't even bother with them. I also know that they kill you flee rate and such; from what I heard, basically, you can't move while using it; basically, your stationary. Sure, it's possible to get 190 ASPD using that gun, but you must take into account A. That bullets cost money, and the best bullets can cost quite a bit when you add it all up, but also, B. to equip Drifter, the fist Gatling gun, you need to be Lv.55, C. You just can't buy it; it's a quest (70 steel, 5 elunium, 3 oridicon, 70 coal, 50 rusty screw, and 50,000z), and D. not exclusively related to the Gatling but Gunslingers in general; leveling up starts to really slow down. Basically, you should really look at their skills and such, I suppose. Plus, a Gunslinger without ammo is nearly useless (I say nearly, due to some of their Coin skills; but Coin skills are more offense-supportive than anything, like Fling or Cracker as examples (Fling can lower defense, Cracker has a chance to Stun)).

In fact, you can only actually buy the Crimson Bolt (Handgun), Branch and Cyclonic (rifles), and the Rolling Stone and Black Rose (shotguns). Besides the Branch (which you can start out with, anyhow), which is 3000z, the second cheapest buyable gun is the Rolling Stone, for 12,000z.

And, of course, there are equipment restrictions. All guns (except, from what I heard, just one, a very weak handgun) are two-handed weapons. So, no shields. And they're restricted only to equipment that either everyone can equip, or just what the Archer class can equip (unless it's says otherwise).

As I said earlier, ammunition requires money. Standard bullets cost 1z each, not bad. 500 bullets for 500z. Silver Bullets, which have Holy property, costs 15z each, and of course, have more attack power. From 500z, it justs straigh up to 7500z for 500 bullets. Then you have Blood Bullets, the strongest. 30z, each, for a total of 15,000z for 500. Then you have spheres, the ammo for the Gernade Launchers. Each kind of sphere requires at least 1 Phracon and 1 Emveretarcon, but also another ingrediant (they are: 2 burning hearts; 3 cyfar; 2 brigan; 10 venom canine; or 5 squid ink).

Gunslingers are not the greatest solo. They work best on a team. They are not some all-powerful class, and do have various weaknesses.

That's about all I have to say. As far as suggestions go, perhaps you could give it a try if there is a way to remove it later on should it be very problematic? Really, the best way to understand the strengths and weaknesses of the Gunslinger is to use one, I guess. It really is a fun class; I enjoy using it. But, there are various drawbacks to using it. So, yeah, that's all I've got to say about gunslingers; I thought they could use some defense over this whole "gunslingers are overpowered" issue, and just gave some things to mull over about them. I should mention, that gunslingers should, at least in my opinion, heavy in Dex and Agi, so that doesn't leave a whole lot of room for the other skills. The way I see it, is they should be heavy in Dex and Agi, keep Luck and Vit around a middle, since those do help some, and Str/Int as very little; maybe some just to add a little bit of defensive stuffing (strength, really, mostly to help increase thier weight compacity). Well, sorry this was such a long post, but if you read it all (which I hope you did), I thank you.
12-31-2006 09:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Thanks for the input Icon_smile

And we should have a new testing day soon, the GM team has been busy with the holiday as you can imagine!

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
12-31-2006 10:49 PM
Lis and Olo Offline
Valkyrie's Messenger

I come from a server with Gunslinger and have seen them in action and totally agree with Neko Wolf.

Gunslingers are far from overpowered. In fact, they actually suck (In my opinion only). One of the GM's took a 99 slinger into yuno to show off the class, and nearly got nailed by a harpy. I dont know if I only ever saw people playing as Vit Slingers, but their attack speed was horrible at best, and when they did hit faster, they weren't any stronger than any other class. I'm sure that if they are implimented there will be a few people that make the class work, but like monk or rogue, it'll take a good player to make the class popular.

Also, it should be mentioned that Slingers are highly glitchy and are definitely not ready to be played. Ninjas are even worse, but in the newest SVN there is no telling if the various bugs have been all fixed. I dont look forward to sprite errors every time I happen upon one of these classes >.>. I wont make any assumptions until I see what happens though.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2007 05:45 PM by Lis and Olo.)
01-12-2007 05:40 PM
Yetipunk Offline

Gunslingers are very weak. Personally I think they should be buffed by Gravity. Yes they get 1200% damage but if they cast that skill and the opposing force is not dead they are basically screwed. For me Ninjas and Gunslingers have no glitches. When I tested them everything was working 100% correctly. Correct me if I am wrong but on eAthena forum the Gunslinger and Ninja classes are 100% completed.

I really believe the Ninja class is completely overpowered unlike the Gunslinger. I'm sure Gravity will tweak these classes in the near future.

I would say... Gunslinger is good to put in a server. Ninjas are horrible to put in a server.

coocoocachoo
01-18-2007 02:19 AM
Sekaru Offline
Winter's Hope

I concur with you Yetipunk Ninja's if anything have the pottential to be very... very strong lol its like taking a wiz put in some spare archer parts and give him the ability to teleport and lets just throw in an asura and instant dodge move for fun lol. Not looking foward to fighting one of those lol >_< From my knowledge I heard everything was 100-99% working correctly

Ice, Honor, Pride,     HeRo...
[Image: siggysek.jpg]
01-18-2007 12:02 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Well those that came on the test server that was briefly open sunday could notice how unstable it was, not necessarily the class themselves, but the whole server. We'll have another test server soon, but for now you'll have to endure without those 2 new classes a little while longer!
Icon_wink

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
01-18-2007 01:59 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

To Neko Wolf :

On test server I tested gunsliger.

I lvled just puting stat points in dex.

when I reached the max, I was able to do 5k damage on mobs with just a skill, Without buff of a priest or card damage, and I was around lvl 80.

I call this pretty overpowered.

Ammo are expensive?

Not really.

Compare the price 30z price of the strongest bullet with the drop rates of Oridecons arrows (the strongest arrows) Icon_wink

Just one class in the RO game (teakwon) can master all the skills of hes skill tree, so not being able to have all them is not like a "weakness of the class".

Its possible to have 190 aspd with 99 dex and like 30-40 agi, using pots and buffs, using only the skill Gatling Fever. And it is possible to walk using Gatling Fever.

190 aspd AND ranged seems really overpowered for me. Think about the hit lag it can do in woe Icon_wink Imagine how fast you could spam status on ennemy using status card alsoIcon_wink

Gunsliger are really overpowered.

I tested ninja on another server.

I was looking for a ninja class, a class that could "hit and run", but I was "d??u" by the ninja class.

Unless Gunsliger, they need to have the stats points to use their skills efficiently. Gunsliger is only full of dex for damage, Regardless the skills. To do magic damage, ninja need INT. To reduce casting time of spells they need DEX. To to close combat damage, they need STR. To do good damage with their "asura skill" they need VIT. Thats the reason why I see ninjas so weak.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2007 01:08 PM by Général_Argos.)
01-20-2007 01:07 PM
Sekaru Offline
Winter's Hope

I tested ninja;s before Krim and let me just say wait and see for the quickness and nimbleness of a ninja ^_^ don't forget dex reduces there casting time as well as pumps up there hit for close comabt and there kunai power

Ice, Honor, Pride,     HeRo...
[Image: siggysek.jpg]
01-20-2007 02:29 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

I saw the power of the kunais, but using them drain sp way too fastIcon_wink

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/