Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PVP Tournament in Celebration of heRO's Birthday!
GM-Rahice Offline
The Malevolent Queen Maleficent

RE: PVP Tournament in Celebration of heRO's Birthday!

Thanks for everyone's comments and inputs. The issue with no healing/repair NPC this time was just because of an issue which was out of our hands and Pandora's. It had to do with our server-host. Again, apologies for that.

We have 3 teams that entered the PVP 4 vs 4 Team Tourney! Hopefully it will be fun ^_^

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
10-16-2012 01:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cane 33 Offline
Pancake

New day, new answer.

Sorry if I go on berserk yesterday, but u can't said that I don't have right.

The rule of 30 seconds put advantge some job than other.

Sniper can trap and DS from 12 cells all people that can't move from trap, so Sniper can win VERY EASY on: prof, hw, ws, creo, hp, pala.

Sinx and stalker too: just use a skill ranged like shield boomerang or throw venom knife and run for 30 seconds in cloaking/chase walk; don't forgot back slide.

Body relocation champ too is annoying.

So with this rule sinx/stalk/champ/sniper win all, ws lose vs all and make very hard for others job like prof/hw/pala.

Is better put this rule: anyone need to hit enemy every 30 seconds IF CAN.
ofc a bs can't hit a knight that run all time and make that knight win.
Make bs a ranged man? How? Tomahawk? Is a weapon hard to get, that only two people (I'm counting only active people) have on this server. Stapo card? Why waste a point on skill bars for this stupid rulez? And btw have a range don't high, so sniper win always.

Stupid rulez: I avoid to register for do Surtur, but if I was registred, I would DC my ws and f*** all.

PS Rahice don't cry: I love u Kissy2

[Image: 2uikp3q.jpg]

Ren is the best
10-16-2012 06:57 AM
CookieMonster Offline

First of all, going to thank Rahice for spending time organizing this event for us instead of doing some other stuff in real life. Taking the effort and all to make this happen, but i felt that the rules were far from decent or balance as a whole.

-I felt that the arena size was fairly perfect, could be a little smaller but not too much smaller. Most people were voting for a smaller arena so the matches could be shorter but i think that if the arena was going to be smaller than what a range class can view while standing in the middle of the arena, wouldn't that kind of defeat the purpose of having a range class or put it at a disadvantage?

-If the same type of tournament was held in the future, i would suggest that storage be made accessible after each opponent(not each round). This way, you will still need to manage your resources against an opponent and not just spam it all over. This is sort of a grey area i guess since people might take the chance to bring less gears(to carry more potions) until they really need it for that particular job class. My opinion on original rules used for this tournament is NOT acceptable as it favors certain job classes.

-As most people said, a healer/repair npc would have been nice as it saves time and effort for the GMs, but on this occasion, the problem was beyond the GMs control. *Note: Healing my 60 sp saves me 1 blue potion Rahice!!!*

-While the 2 deaths and you're out rule gives some leeway for some mistakes and provides a nice second chance, it does mean that the tournament will last longer. If we wanted to shorten the time of the tournament, the easiest way would be to make it a 1 death and you're out rule.

-Last but not least, the 30 second rule that you must show aggression. This rule is.... stupid, sorry don't know how to describe it really(limited to how it was executed in this tournament). As long as you don't deal damage to your opponent in 30 seconds you auto-lose, regardless of the fact that if you were being disabled for the whole 30 seconds. This was really uncalled for. I feel that, getting a stapo card just so you can do damage is not exactly making an effort but more off trying to not get kicked in the ass from this rule. In my opinion, its not too hard to tell if a player is just solely running away to stall time or really making an effort to win(as shown by Seyken in the final round of non-trans). This would require i guess a "professional judgement" type of decision to be made, maybe if the GM feels that a player is just wasting time by not doing anything constructive towards a victory, give a notice to the player after 20 seconds(just an example of a time frame) to start doing something or he'll forfeit the round/match.

Thats my 2 cent regarding this pvp tourney. Once again, thanks for organizing it and hopefully more to come in the future.

PS: STATUS TOO STRONG BRO, U MAD?
10-16-2012 10:58 AM
danllyr Offline
ダン、〆

if 30 second rule be there next tourney I'll just go plagiarize shield boomerang and chase walk with PPHB. But despite this event's downers, thanks for putting so much effort on finally bringing a PVP Tourney, I'm really grateful for that.

[Image: nwWJG.jpg]
I like you naked. /Not specifically you, though/ ;
Dan Llyr ~ heRO's noobtastic #1 stripper stalker
Dan Styx ~ heRO's only active stripper rogue
Currently WoEing with Behemoth
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2012 12:31 PM by danllyr.)
10-16-2012 12:09 PM
GM-Rahice Offline

I want to thank you all for the participation in this event and just letting you know that future PVP Tournaments will be held.

Here's a hinting look at the next Tournament.

Baby versus Baby - Elimination
Novice versus Novice - Elimination

Be on the look out for some rule changes, always check before you sign up! This thread will remain open for input and opinions. Hope to see you guys at the next Tourney ^_^

10-16-2012 04:16 PM
danllyr Offline
ダン、〆

Novice vs. Novice means that literally or SN included lol. Dumb question, just naling sure *don't hit meee /sob*

[Image: nwWJG.jpg]
I like you naked. /Not specifically you, though/ ;
Dan Llyr ~ heRO's noobtastic #1 stripper stalker
Dan Styx ~ heRO's only active stripper rogue
Currently WoEing with Behemoth
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2012 04:52 PM by danllyr.)
10-16-2012 04:51 PM
GM-Rahice Offline

I don't hit.

*Dan mysteriously dropped dead without movement!*

SN not included, they should have registered in non-trans.

10-16-2012 06:41 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Oh snaps, if there is gunna be a baby tournament...I should level up my baby knight. D:

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
10-16-2012 07:53 PM