Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Add WSS to Bee wing!
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

RE: Add WSS to Bee wing!

*slim white potions is not only used for woe/pvp.

*regarding the laziness. If implemented, the cards for bathory, hodrems and other wws dropping monsters should increase slightly. Brewing is still a tedious task and the bee wings will should have a moderate effect on how many slim whites is brewed.??

*regrading ranking: more wws in the market will keep the active ranked players on their toes and thus be good in the long run. The actual act of brewing can be tedious over a long period.

*laziness in general: more supply of the most* used items by various classes, should in theory stimulate the activity on the server.

The end justify the means.

Besides you are attacking the basic idea behind bee wings. The GM's have muted its effect a while ago.

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2012 09:43 AM by Seth~.)
11-13-2012 09:38 AM
Find all posts by this user
Snowhawk Offline
Failsassin

RE:??Add WSS to Bee wing!

Poring Slayer Wrote:
Quote:Fabrics, Bee stings, Immortal Hearts, Web, Gemstones (they are specific class materiels) They drop VERY often
i didn't see any fabrics from the bee wings lists..
it's better to add fabrics first than WSS imo

I think they were removed when Stems were added to the list. The Wiki list used to be flat even but now there are two items (table boxes) missing and I don't remember what the other was.

Weapon Wrote:WSS aren't even hard to get, and the mobs that drop them (hodrems, bathory) aren't bad for solo-leveling new chars.

Frankly I never saw having *any* WoE consumables farmable via bee wings as a good thing and people *still* complain about the WoE front here. Having the ability to tank almost every onslaught or rain acid bombs or charge up with EDP is supposed to represent hours of hard work--not a short cakewalk in juperos, where the average level of the 260 venatu down there is ~76.

Fat and lazy oldbies stay fat and lazy and potent

I felt the same when they were trying to add Stems to the wings. I mean 90% of the time I double drop Stems with regular rates when fighting Les. I can maybe kill 100-300 depending on how bored I am in an hour with my Wizard. I tend to only play for an hour spurt at best and its usually on my wizzy.

I don't even remember how many Stems or WSS I have in my bank. I get so many just from training I tend to NPC sell them cause its almost not worth the trouble to open a shop that people can find/use when I feel like emptying my storage a bit.

I usually leave my guy in Izulde since Behe was usually there and tried to sell exclusively for them XD but people eventually stopped buying from my merchy, seriously, go an entire week and not one item sells when I undercharged that week...for shame, so I sorta just stopped bothering opening up shops.

Jaque::Sinx
Jaque-kun::Alchemist
Disciple Jaque::Acolyte
~Snow~::Wizard
11-13-2012 11:26 AM
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

It is so sad. Mind you the materials for a active Creator is a lot. I get your point about the trouble. *will make a quest for stems* Fabric on the other hand there is plenty places to accidentally farm them. My farming is currently mainly: stem, wws and immortal heart. If i can get over my self for pharmacy the alcohol created in twilight (ad) and my bee wing item atm. I would probably be better off.

Life xD.

most wanted buying list
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2012 02:28 PM by Seth~.)
11-13-2012 02:27 PM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

Again: this update will:
-Increase survivability in WoE = increased participation (aka noobs will stick arround);
-Enhance economy in different ways (Zeny sink+card values);
-Update ranked brewer

And the first and last arguments =/= lazy.
You still have to farm them, you still need to work for them. Furthermore, I don't see any problem related to "easiness". Matter of fact, WSS is vended at 1600~2000z each. I can farm, let's say 3000, cheese in a few clicks. OC sell them to NPCs and Buy the WSS off the players. The end result will be the same. Instead of adding 4.8 million ~ 6 million to the market, I will get 3000 WSS instead, and buy 3000 White pots (900z each) + materiel to brew Slim pots. (Zeny Sink vs Zeny pile up).

So extra argument:
-Zeny sinking!!!
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2012 04:52 PM by ChaosPrince.)
11-13-2012 04:49 PM
KaminoKaoru Offline
call me kri

I actually don't see anything bad about more WSS in the market.

If this is going to be implemented I believe that this will boost the activity of the brewing community. More supply most likely means lower prices which means our newbies may be able to afford the potions and encourage them to participate in WoE.

This will also help in updating the brewing rankings and is a good zeny sink.

I support this one.

This goes to all my friends, new, old and the ones
I've lost over the years but have never forgotten.
11-25-2012 12:00 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

I haven't read the whole thread, and I don't totally oppose the addition of WSS - but how exactly will increasing the amount of WSS increase the amount of new players sticking around for WoE? The people who join WoE and then stop aren't typically quitting because they lack condensed white potions. There are a number of reasons they quit, one of which is that it's not as fun as they had hoped. WSS does not solve this one.

For those who DO quit because farming materials is a pain AND play a class that would benefit most from easily farming more WSS, this doesn't REALLY increase survivability, does it? For every WSS they could more easily get, the veteran players can get them easier as well. I would even tentatively posit that most of the players who would not stick around WoE for related reasons probably don't have Bee Wings.

I also don't REALLY think this provides a zeny sink. Frankly, if anything, I'd just continue to farm things that make more zeny and buy WSS from other players. Thus, I'm still adding as much money to the economy (unless you count the small vending tax) as I would have been before. It's just now I would have even more time to farm zeny because WSS prices would likely drop somewhat so I could buy even more freeing up time I would have spent farming them myself. Woo!

The one result I do see being (kind of) relevant is that it would update the brewer list - but that will happen naturally on it's own anyways and, again, increasing the speed at which this kind of stuff happens benefits veteran players FAR more than new players (again, in part, because new players don't typically have Bee Wings).

That's all I've got.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
11-25-2012 07:10 PM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

Bump...
if you /alchemist list:
2nd top rank = banned (remove that person??)

and there are a few of quit/inactive players on that list too...
Adding WSS to bee wings will allow the playerbase to update the rankings without the GMs having to deal with it...
12-09-2012 01:52 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Will it?

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
12-09-2012 06:02 AM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

I disagree with that statement, because first of all players don't need WSS added to beewinge to 'update' the ranked brewing list, they are easily farmed already as they are now. If people wanna make a ranked brewer, they will get there, you don't need WSS in beewings for that, remember that you can also get ranked from other stuff then brewing c whites.

Second, the GM's won't do anything about that list, and why should they? They haven't done it in the past, and i doubt they will 'kick' anyone from it, as time passes the list will update itself. There are inactive/quit and even banned players in the ranked nobility and forging rankings too, these people once worked really hard for their position on the ranking. I understand your statement on the banned players but removing them will also have a huge influence on the points/bullion's of the current list with ranked brewers/forgers/nobility.

I also voted no for adding them to wings, i think they are easy enough to get as they are now, they also make us go to places who will most likely be ditched/never or hardly visited after being implented. Saying people still have to farm them, sure but if they where to be implented that means you can farm at different places and still focus on doing more things at one time such as zeny farming, farming for WoE etc all just combined, which already happens now but with WSS that will only make zeny farming/material farming too easy Also if i look a the droprate of most items (and the level of the 'most' farmed monsters), and assume WSS will stay around that rate, they will drop in insanely huge numbers in a very very small amount of time, at such rates you will never get then at your normal leveling/farming spots. I also don't see the zeny sink people are stating as an argument, the demand for WSS is quite high here and with that demand the price will most likely not drop or only a little, though all the monster loots (such as cards and yellow gems) will increase due to getting visited less/not at all.

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
12-09-2012 06:18 AM
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

@ChaosPrince About the 2nd rank < the 3rd rank me < is already under pressure < but this dates back to when fish was downgraded for the use in woe < i think xD <

The 2nd rank is like 4 time the amount I have < the 3rd rank. + most players on that list is active. The bee wings with wws will be nice as a option but it will not be as big as anticipated imo. But this is due to the downgrading of the bee wings after exploitation with its introduction.

@azurerogue the logic is sound for this to be more of a zeny zink than you state does not matter how small, still you are down scaling it down as a potential zeny zink.

most wanted buying list
12-09-2012 06:22 AM
Thread Closed