Poll: Change client?
Yes, update to the Renewal Client
No, stick with the Current Client
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Renewal Client, yay or nay?
kunkun14 Offline
Squishy Taco

RE:??Renewal Client, yay or nay?

hiropyro Wrote:My vote is yes, regardless of the answer but.

Does this include some of the features modern RO has?
Like costume items and mounts for each class? Or is that considered a mechanic?
All of those will be in the Renewal client. It will be up to them to decide which features to enable in the server

08-22-2013 01:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hiropyro Offline
~insert witty phrase here~

RE: ??Renewal Client, yay or nay?

kunkun14 Wrote:
hiropyro Wrote:My vote is yes, regardless of the answer but.

Does this include some of the features modern RO has?
Like costume items and mounts for each class? Or is that considered a mechanic?
All of those will be in the Renewal client. It will be up to them to decide which features to enable in the server

HRMMMMM xD I hope they do, gah I would pick up the mouse and pixel again to make some good/evil costumes if needs be lol.

[Image: sigp.gif]
08-22-2013 01:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kytdkut Offline
*ahem*

RE: Renewal Client, yay or nay?

Question! Has ingame mail a chance of being implemented if this update succeeds? Thanks Icon_wink

Reginald - Sniper, Cless Alvein - LK, Taerom - WS, Justin Case - HP, Snorri - Clown
08-22-2013 11:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Rahice Offline
The Malevolent Queen Maleficent

At this point in time, mail has a lot of issues and has been discussed in multiple other threads, more than likely the answer would be no. At least until all the bugs are worked out of it, because there's a risk of losing ites and other issues with the mail system.

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
08-23-2013 12:50 AM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

This would mean that HeRO would be getting something new, and not just custom additions!?

Can I vote for a new SVN over the Client? I could care less about the client update, I would care a bunch for an SVN update from the 4+ years of lacking one and the half a dozen failed attempts to actually do it.
08-23-2013 11:07 AM
myBlack_isWhite Offline

So, it's been 4 and a bit months since this thread was posted, 80% voted for the renewal client implemention and there's still no any straight news about that.

Should we wait for something like another bunch of useless hatter hats or anything else in the nearest future? I hope everyone here understand that GMs are people too, and I hope u guys [GMs] had a great time enjoying the summer, resting from work and annoying players like me who asks annoying questions. Now it's kinda time to start working.
Please, don't tell us that there're still a lot of bugs like "Custom items that are slotted don't show a slot" or "Stuff in the interface stayed highlighted even after you move your mouse away". Those things are more like cosmetic, not rly mechanical bugs, and the reason why me and at least 60 more people WANT the renewal client to be implemented is a permanent BM that doesn't get off by accident and also that awesome storage.

BTW I'm pretty much sure that there are people among other 20% who would like to see that new storage too, cuz a lot of people here have more then 2-3 accounts with tons of different staff in their storages, and if u're going to find something u should take a shovel with u and spend much more time looking for the needed thing instead of just searching it via search bar.
Imo, MECHANIC > COSMETIC.

Mr Brightside ~ High Priest 99/70
Mr Darkside ~ Assassin Cross 99/70
Magic Nerd ~ Professor 99/70
Mr Drunkside ~ Champion 98/67
SpeedCrew ~ Sniper 97/67
Pepe Carrero ~ High Wizard 96/67
Jimi Hendrix ~ Clown 95/65
Millionyoung ~ Stalker 95/65
Tony Grey ~ Creator 92/64
Fouk ~ Lord Knight 92/58
Californication ~ Soul Linker 91/50
09-02-2013 02:05 AM
cane 33 Offline
Pancake

Just wait the 2015

[Image: 2uikp3q.jpg]

Ren is the best
09-02-2013 11:50 AM
kunkun14 Offline
Squishy Taco

*patiently waits* :3

09-06-2013 11:47 PM
Mr. Charcanine Offline
PKMN MASTER

RE:??Renewal Client, yay or nay?

myBlack_isWhite Wrote:Please, don't tell us that there're still a lot of bugs like "Custom items that are slotted don't show a slot" or "Stuff in the interface stayed highlighted even after you move your mouse away". Those things are more like cosmetic, not rly mechanical bugs,

Sorry, I don't really know much about how this works so I'm totally guessing here. Thinking

I think something like a client change is takes a bit more effort that the usual patches we get. I'd assume it would have to be created and redownloaded via a link online for each and every player. And that's why I think these cosmetic bugs are so important. The GM team (and neither would the players) would want to put out/redownload a new client more than once, and so theyre trying to get everything perfect on the first try.

Of course other things like the lack of people that can actually do these fixes (we can't overwork GM-Lassie...maybe :twistedIcon_smile or lack of testers to look for bugs also factor in to this. It's taking longer than most people had hoped for, but I'm also just patiently waiting (and practicing my /bm) .

09-07-2013 02:03 AM
iMilo Offline

YES YES YES!!? Laugh
I just love the f12 thing.. LOL
Battle mode should be 3-4 bars for easy use equip or healing item..
The other? I don't care.. Hhehehe.. Just need the battle mode..
OkOk
09-12-2013 01:43 AM