Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Free BG
Mr. Charcanine Offline
PKMN MASTER

RE: Free BG

I agree that game development should occur over time. However, I think the GM team is treading on thin ice. Big changes that can be controversial can be done on large servers that can afford to say, "Get over it" and possibly lose some people. But with the smaller GM team that we do have, I think its a tough decision to take a risk that could, theoretically, 1) make vets rage and leave and 2) not GUARANTEE a lot of new people.

All I was saying with the "easier not to change anything at all" is that they might not be able to afford to compromise the semi-neutral situation we have now.

Also, for the record, it might sound like I'm speaking for the GM team, but I have no idea what the GM team/Panda is thinking currently about this matter. I'm sure there are a lot more factors to this matter that I'm not addressing. These are my personal opinions and why (if I was in Panda's shoes) I might hesitate to bring about these changes.

I think heRO should definitely start taking some risks (gradually of course) especially towards this matter, but I also think it would help if there was some sort of assurance that a majority of the community would want this and this wouldn't be a big controversial issue. Maybe we might get a "Free BG. Yay or Nay?" thread in the future.

05-14-2013 11:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Vets MIGHT rage...??but they might not.??Why do you assume that they will???Sure, people will now be able to get what they got for free - but so can they.??I don't know many vets who would get mad - it's not like people are profiting off of BG weapons since you cannot sell them.??

Making BG free would benefit vets still trying for higher refines on their weapons/armors just as much as it would help new players try out BG.??If vets rage at this change, then they're foolish.

EDIT: And based on the activity on these forums I don't think a yay/nay thread is really going to reveal that much.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2013 01:32 PM by azurerogue.)
05-14-2013 01:31 PM
Mr. Charcanine Offline
PKMN MASTER

Yeahh, I guess if only 53 people cared to vote for/against a serverwide client change, we can't expect as "big" of a turn out as I would hope for. XD

05-14-2013 01:57 PM
Egggz Offline

BG should cost money to do well in; potions, food, gear, zeny based skills, and shit like AD and poison bottles, all this can mean some serious zeny, but the 50k to get in just seems right, it kinda helps bridge the gap for those who play as classes like HP between the WS, creos, and sinx's that all dump tons of zeny into BG

so i vote for keeping BG at 50k ea
05-14-2013 09:01 PM
Weapon Offline
The Family Jewels

If you make BG free, how will I ever make free money every month for doing absolutely nothing??? ;^;

With my army of nobles I get dozens of free keys each month and sell them for 250k a pop. On average it's a free 12,000,000z each month, plus other rewards :> I consider it the equivalent of a retirement package for being too busy irl.

THAT'S RIGHT. I'M ON HERO SOCIAL SECURITY >:U
05-15-2013 07:41 AM
Mr. Charcanine Offline
PKMN MASTER

Wouldn't people be willing to buy more BG keys if they didn't have to worry about the 50k entrance fee?

05-15-2013 10:34 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

TL;DR Making a +9 glorious weapon and a simple set of +7 glorious suit/shoes/muffler will cost around 207 million if you use only enriched elu/ori. If you use no enriched elu/ori it will cost almost 1.5 billion. These numbers are only counting the cost of paying to BG, not materials or refining related costs.

For all those who might be interested.??Let's assume BG stays at 50,000 zeny per participation (unless you were the one who keyed).??Let's also assume that you win 75% of your matches (which is a bit unrealistic since there is no systematized way of assigning team members).??Finally, let's assume that you want a +9 glorious weapon (some day) and a set of +7 glorious armors.??Further, let's assume that you're an older player and have access to unlimited enriched ori and elu...

Using enriched oridecon on relevant upgrades means that you have a 2.916% chance on any given weapon to upgrade from 0 to +9.??That means that on average players will need to purchase 34.29 (we'll call it 34) BG weapons if they want a +9 (where all the best bonuses are).

To get you're simple +7 armor set you have a 32.4% per piece average (let's not get into getting hidden enchants on those armors either).??This is about 3 pieces of each armor on average.

Glorious weapons cost 500 points each.??Glorious suit is 300, glorious shoes/muffler are 250.??

500 x 34 +
300 x 3 +
250 x 3 +
250 x 3
-----------
19400 points

That's assuming you have unlimited enriched ores and you have average luck.??It could get much worse if you're not lucky (and for anyone who has made a +9 of anything before you know how painful this can be).

Assuming you're winning 75% of your matches and losing the other 25% you'll average out to around 4.75 points per BG.??This means to make those awesome PvP weapons/armor (which you'll already need to spend over 500 hours in and/or waiting for BG just to earn) you will spend 207,368,421 zeny.??This only includes the cost of entrance fees.??If you use consumables (which most winning teams do) it will obviously increase substantially.

So to anyone who has ever dreamed of making those sweet +9 BG weapons - pray for luck or pray that there are some serious changes to BG sometime soon...??207 million zeny.??

ADDENDUM:??In case you were wondering, if you don't have any enriched ores and try to accomplish this the average cost is 1,452,631,579 zeny.??That's right, almost 1.5 BILLION zeny (not to mention over 3000 hours in BG).??So make sure you get yourself a few hundred enriched ores - or more!

Yay BG!

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2013 06:13 PM by azurerogue.)
05-20-2013 06:07 PM
Spuznik Offline
Salamander

Oh gee another thread whining about BG.

I've gotten the okay from Pandora to say that it's being reworked currently. I'm not sure I can say anything beyond that.

You can probably find me in game if I'm on by using @who spuz.

Other then that message me here or something, not sure how often I will check it.
05-20-2013 06:32 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE:??Free BG

Weapon Wrote:If you make BG free, how will I ever make free money every month for doing absolutely nothing??? ;^;

With my army of nobles I get dozens of free keys each month and sell them for 250k a pop. On average it's a free 12,000,000z each month, plus other rewards :>??I consider it the equivalent of a retirement package for being too busy irl.

Keys guarentee your entrance, that may be worth it still to many. xD

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
05-20-2013 06:38 PM
GM-Rahice Offline
The Malevolent Queen Maleficent

RE: ??Free BG

Aaronock Wrote:
Weapon Wrote:If you make BG free, how will I ever make free money every month for doing absolutely nothing??? ;^;

With my army of nobles I get dozens of free keys each month and sell them for 250k a pop. On average it's a free 12,000,000z each month, plus other rewards :>??I consider it the equivalent of a retirement package for being too busy irl.

Keys guarentee your entrance, that may be worth it still to many. xD

I've heard complaints that Keys do not guarantee your entrance, though I haven't heard the complaints recently about it. I still have heard them.

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
05-20-2013 06:58 PM