Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Let's help heRO by Voting/Reviewing!
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

RE: Let's help heRO by Voting/Reviewing!

You may have heard about Lucretia, the now Queen of Faeheim. She's been part of many recent Chronicles storylines and events since I started doing them in the summer of 2015. But did you know the idea of the character dates back to 2012?

Back then, the GM Team was looking to bring back roleplay events and spice up the fairy auctions, and GM-Chaucer had an idea of a fairy that was against Fae/Human interactions. Chaucer and GM-Rahice brainstormed and came up with possible names, among them Devika, Siti, Rena, and Lucretia.

The discussion eventually died down, and months later in the summer of 2013, the name and design of the fairy was posted by GM-Patton: Lucretia, a Gypsy Class, with Cloth Color #135, Hairstyle #70, Hair Color #6, Dark Randgris Helm and Mini Demonic Wings. GM-Radiance prepared a small draft for an event to kick off the story, but it never happened and the project was abandoned.

In the summer of 2015, a few months after I became a GM, I found the story and was interested in reviving it. A sort-of teaser was posted on the forum, and when the time of the auction came, Lucretia attacked!

I played the part of Lucretia, and spawned monsters in Fairyland (now known as Caerulia). Pixie, played by GM-Rahice, assisted players, who could attack Lucretia to fend her off. At one point, Rahice accidentally attacked me and killed Lucretia (She was using GM stats while I had normal player stats to be able to confront players). It was a hysterical moment in the GM Guild Chat, but we improvised and played it off as part of the story, and Lucretia was successfully beaten and ran away.

The intent was originally to make Lucretia a full blown villain, but during another monster invasion where players had to stop Lucretia from attacking Payon Palace, the player Ezekiel Stalker confronted Lucretia. Ezekiel Stalker and another player tried to understand her motives and convince her to stop the attack. It was pretty convincing and hard to counter without making my villain seem villanous for the sake of being villainous, so I changed the course of the story after that event, and fleshed out the character further, with a tragic background that GM-Rahice had once suggested, and introducing the figure of Amdusias.

In time, Lucretia evolved to be somewhat more of an Anti-Hero figure, making less hasty or brash decisions, making peace with her sister Pixie, and even becoming Queen of Faeheim. But how has the Kingdom fared since her ascendance to the throne last year? Maybe we'll soon learn!

Anyway, that's all I can remember right now regarding Lucretia's origins. But, if you have some free time and would like to give back to HeRO in its 14th anniversary month, why not leave a review on RMS? It would be much appreciated?

[Image: SVhRq0B.png]
Cutin Art by Neloren!

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
10-05-2019 01:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's help heRO by Voting/Reviewing! - GM-Ciar - 10-05-2019 01:03 PM