Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Let's help heRO by Voting/Reviewing!
GM-Ciar Offline
Always Sleepy

RE: Let's help heRO by Voting/Reviewing!

As promised, another bit of HeRO info for today. Did you know the Faeheim region was supposed to be more tropical than what it currently is?

The very first few ideas I had back in 2015 involved using a series of separate tropical island maps taken from the same series of custom maps where Lutia would later come from. One would travel between islands by ship npc, the same way you go from Alberta to Brasilis or to Ayothaya, etc. However, the connectivity felt weird if you just warp around like that.

Pre-made custom maps obtained online seemed like a better option but they turned out to be either too small, too barren, or didn't "connect" well between each other. Eventually after learning how to create RO maps, I decided to create the region myself, using unreleased custom maps as a very rough base.

The first maps to be made were Marasmius Field one and Fortuna Field, which is coincidentally referenced ingame in the region itself as the first areas where Lucretia's expedition crew arrived and set up camp. The next maps that were made were what is now Faeheim field 07~08, and by then the theme I had in mind changed from tropical to what it is now.

The last field maps to be made were Faeheim Field 10 and 12. They were made from scratch, no general base map was used for it, so they might feel slightly different in comparison to the rest. Some blocked roads can also be found on these maps, as well as other parts of the region, to be made accessible in case we explore more of Faeheim later on.

Anyway. If you want to give back to HeRO, how about a birthday present in the form of an RMS review?

[Image: UAx69ij.png]
10-07-2019 11:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's help heRO by Voting/Reviewing! - GM-Ciar - 10-07-2019 11:24 PM