Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dual client
Vinara Offline

RE:??Dual client

GM-Rahice Wrote:Since it is offtopic, normally we wouldn't comment on the matter at hand because.. it's offtopic Icon_razz

We don't advise using Drop-Transfer, Unknown Person Transfer, or Vending Transfer. I think it's pretty much common sense as to why we would not advise them..

Drop Transfer.??This has a huge risk, someone can walk by and pick them up. Your internet could go out and lose them all forever. Someone's pet could devour it..

Unknown Person Transfer.??You don't know if people are going to take your items. If you were going to do this, protect yourself as much as possible by asking them to transfer, screen their agreement. Screen the actual trade. Screen you telling them who to give it to. If they poof on you, ask for them on main, screenie it. Send everything to a GM in a Support Ticket if they don't show. It can take time to get the items back, yes. Because we have to dig through logs, which record every item of every player, from every monster.. You get the idea. It takes a little time, and not guaranteed.

Vending Transfer.??Someone can find your shop, buy all the items and refuse to give them back to you.

Mailing system is bugged, badly. It isn't going to be used unless it's eventually fixed. I don't think people would like something where stuff can get lost easily.

Some of this has been discussed on the forums previously, they're just buried in the mass of randomness.

Okay, so then you're just supposed to not transfer at all?...

My opinion may have changed, but not the fact that I'm right. Icon_razz
~ Vinara ~ Parapluie ~ Koyu ~ Pania ~ Venin ~ Veila ~ Ceryni ~
08-19-2013 02:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ptah Offline
Lurker Above

RE: Dual client

There is still a part with transferring with known people, non?
Besides, not being advised doesn't mean you can't do it, it's just that you take the risks of doing so /no1

God i have too many characters. Just call me Bisu and let's end this -_-
[Image: fco46t.jpg][Image: 4se5oh.jpg]
Want to help HeRO? Feeling you're full of ideas that people will adore? Don't just stand there! Join HeRO T&D Crew!
08-19-2013 03:03 AM
Mr. Charcanine Offline
PKMN MASTER

I think the ability of players to make multiple accounts is a luxury in itself and that the GMs aren't necessarily required to provide a surefire way of transferring items between them. 12 slots per account can make a lot of characters. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should only stick to one account per person (I have 3 accounts myself, not including vendors xD) but I think transferring between accounts is more the player's responsibility rather than the GM's.

The reason why the above methods are "not advised" is because all of them carry some form of risk and the GMs aren't responsible for loss of items through these methods. There would be no difference if they implemented a faulty Mailing System that could possibly get items lost in some way. They wouldn't advise you to use the Mailing System either. Icon_razz The best they can do for now is to provide the method with the LEAST risk, which is screenshotting the entire deal or transferring with a trusted friend. But even then, these aren't 100%.

Nevertheless, we all still make multiple accounts because RO is just more fun with more characters. Even the GM team play with their legit characters and use some of the methods of transfer mentioned above. Either way, you just have to be extra careful (and sneaky) when transferring items. No1

Edit: Booo, ninja'd by Ptah Cry

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2013 03:26 AM by Mr. Charcanine.)
08-19-2013 03:25 AM
Weapon Offline
The Family Jewels

GM-Rahice Wrote:... logs, which record every item of every player, from every monster.. You get the idea.

Solution/Idea: A vending rule for which you can title the shop "TRANSFER" and grab your own stuff. Set it up, screen it. Other players are not allowed to buy what's there if you put this and this alone in the title. Though if you do it on, say, the streets of Prontera or just leave the shop up for like a week to troll/brag, you're SOL. But it would still show up in the log.
08-19-2013 07:36 AM
Vinara Offline

Mr. Charcanine Wrote:The reason why the above methods are "not advised" is because all of them carry some form of risk and the GMs aren't responsible for loss of items through these methods.
Ptah Wrote:There is still a part with transferring with known people, non?
Besides, not being advised doesn't mean you can't do it, it's just that you take the risks of doing so /no1

I know that, but there is no save way to transfer your things and I think there should be. There is not always someone online who you can trust. And I don't always want to have to bother people... Which is why I usually use the vending method, but this way I won't get my things back if someone else takes them.

And Rahice, I didn't ask why those methods are not advised, I think that's pretty obvious, my question was if there will eventually be a change? Okay, mailing system seems like a bad idea, I didn't know that, but what about the guild storage that keeps coming up for example?

My opinion may have changed, but not the fact that I'm right. Icon_razz
~ Vinara ~ Parapluie ~ Koyu ~ Pania ~ Venin ~ Veila ~ Ceryni ~
08-19-2013 07:55 AM
Nachi Offline

RE: ??Dual client

Vinara Wrote:Okay, mailing system seems like a bad idea, I didn't know that, but what about the guild storage that keeps coming up for example?
Afaik, that's not finished yet, so i could understand if they want to wait and see how that one turns out, before starting another project.

Gotta agree with you though, i had to ask a stranger to transfer my stuff recently too. xD
Although most people on heRo you can trust with this, having to do it feels a bit "meh".
08-19-2013 08:05 AM
GM-Rahice Offline
The Malevolent Queen Maleficent

RE: ??Dual client

Weapon Wrote:Solution/Idea: A vending rule for which you can title the shop "TRANSFER" and grab your own stuff. Set it up, screen it. Other players are not allowed to buy what's there if you put this and this alone in the title. Though if you do it on, say, the streets of Prontera or just leave the shop up for like a week to troll/brag, you're SOL. But it would still show up in the log.

Though this idea may seem like a good solution there are tons of faults because of it. We don't guarantee the recovery of the items. However, there are dishonest people out there and if they come upon this they are more than likely going to buy it.

In most scenarios you would only be told who purchase the items, and informed you would have to get them back yourself. It's a self-risk, and especially marking it labeled.

Making this a rule would prove to be an extreme back-door research with each case, and if it were a rule it would mean that we were responsible for the items loss. Which, we take no claim in. Not only would we research the buyers account, but the vendors account as well. Making twice as much work out of it, just for us to ensure the items stated were really there/bought/who bought it/etc.

As far as Guild Storage goes, I don't know anything yet!

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
08-19-2013 07:36 PM
herohouse Offline

oh no someone keeps dodging the consequences!

#sageslave #soulslave

don't let history repeat itself. The time you activate multiclienting means you are ready to rework the spells of sages and soullinkers, endowment(converters exist for a reason, and those servers who enables multiclient defeats it's purpose) and and spirit spells are badly designed skills so think this issue thoroughly! I am a transferring to heRO because there are GMs that defends multiclienting and that is why im switching here!

You don't need an experiment or overanalyzation for this. just observe the other servers and let them be your test hamster and judge for yourself!

DO NOT BE ANOTHER RO SERVER

*Pixel's edit: please fo not mention other servers name, thanks Icon_smile
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2013 05:08 AM by herohouse.)
09-18-2013 05:03 AM