Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Massive Changes to Woe/BG
cane 33 Offline
Pancake

RE: Massive Changes to Woe/BG

Me ingrate?
OK.
Thanks GM's team for ignore the woe/BG situation for years and continue to ignore.
Thanks some GMs for have preference in game (don't tell me that isn't true please lol).

Now is better?

[Image: 2uikp3q.jpg]

Ren is the best
09-03-2013 06:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Massive Changes to Woe/BG

@Marco Maybe we didn't add the changes that YOU wanted, but that doesn't mean that we didn't work on improving WoE/BG. We've added the participation rewards, lowered to 2 castles, improved the cost/item ratio of war point rewards, done castle rotations, improved woe chests, added an option for star gladiator to switch woe castle map for their moon/star/sun, lowered bg cost by half, lowered the amount of people for bg to 2x2, etc.

Furthermore, however you feel doesn't give you the right to make stuff up. I don't know who you've had in mind when you said what you said but whoever it is it's false. I'm friendly overall, but people that I consider actual friends on heRO, there are 2, and neither of them WoE, neither of them own MVP cards and I would not put their opinion/feeling/whatever above the well-being of the server. I put the server first, above my own playing experience, I had to stop WoEing myself due to stupid lies. I try to be fair and I know the other GMs do too, slanders like this both hurt and infuriate me.

Back on topic, everyone who has an interest in WoE be sure to leave your feedback on these suggestions or make your own. The GM team will discuss various suggestions regarding WoE/BG in a few days.

Also everyone, please stop being jealous of pvm or hats and whatnot. I'm sure we've explained it before but here goes again, different people work on different things. All the new hat quests added in the last reboot were done by players, they generously volunteered their time to do this, meanwhile the person in charge of the BG update is GM-Lassander. The new quests did not interfere with his work, nor will the new Styla update, or the new custom dungeon or the Birthday and Halloween quests coming next month.

Addendun: some of my own suggestions that I will discuss with the GM team, feel free to comment.
- Earning Exp in WoE (for every minute spent in castle)
- More exp in BG
- Lower BG cost
- War Points reward for BG (in addition to BG points)
- Improving chest rewards

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
09-03-2013 12:36 PM
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

RE:??Massive Changes to Woe/BG

GM-Pandora Wrote:All the new hat quests added in the last reboot were done by players, they generously volunteered their time to do this, meanwhile the person in charge of the BG update is GM-Lassander. The new quests did not interfere with his work, nor will the new Styla update, or the new custom dungeon or the Birthday and Halloween quests coming next month.

Addendun: some of my own suggestions that I will discuss with the GM team, feel free to comment.
- More exp in BG
- Lower BG cost

I wondered how much work could be done if Panda could actually pay the poor GM for his (probably) time. Look forward to the BG update anyhow.

Exp in pvp. A side comment, a RL friend left the server due to problems with grinding now a religious follower of dota2. He loved pvp and mvp(lesser). PVP exp can encourage ppl to gain exp in pvp and not actually have to grind but pvp. The exp reward is something I would have no real care in the world. Since mine is lv 96+ so any exp is at a snail pace.

BG costs. The less costs is fine more not really needed imo.

BG & WoE reward points combined as one entity would be awesome imo. Not that I WoE really. Just from a reward point of view. It would be totally awesome.

Chest rewards goes to a few guild higher-ups, make their life easier interesting. Not really needed, but I do not any knowledge about the awesome god items other than guild leaders makes them.

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2013 01:44 PM by Seth~.)
09-03-2013 01:41 PM
Former-GM-Patton Offline

cane 33 Wrote:Me ingrate?
OK.
Thanks GM's team for ignore the woe/BG situation for years and continue to ignore.
Thanks some GMs for have preference in game (don't tell me that isn't true please lol).

Now is better?

1. We aren't ignoring now (I can't speak for the past, but I can tell the current staff aren't idiots who ignore people - that's just rude and assuming for you to say).
2. Maybe try to stop being rude. Maybe try to have an adult discussion about the WoE/BG issues like a human being. Very much like the gentleman who brought this topic up and everyone one else who has posted in it afterwards. Yes, everyone. I haven't seen you contribute anything constructive to this topic, except slander the GM Staff and Administration for anything and everything. Believe it or not, everyone works very hard and uses a good portion of their time to make this server playable.
3. Respect goes a long way, remember that. If you degrade people enough and constantly, their respect for you will dwindle. Such as now.
4. Although we value and respect and are grateful for all of our players here at heRO (yes, ALL), nobody is pointing a knife at your throat demanding you stay here, enduring these atrocities you are assuming/claiming or die.

Hope I have explained it better.
09-03-2013 01:57 PM
Former-GM-Patton Offline

RE: ??Massive Changes to Woe/BG

Seth~ Wrote:BG & WoE reward points combined as one entity would be awesome imo. Not that I WoE really. Just from a reward point of view. It would be totally awesome.

Seth has a very good point and idea with this. This gives more of an option for those who may favor one battle form over the other, to have a (more) even chance of allocated rewards :]
09-03-2013 02:02 PM
Shinibu Offline
Lazy Bum

GM-Pandora Wrote:Addendun: some of my own suggestions that I will discuss with the GM team, feel free to comment.
- More exp in BG
- Lower BG cost

I dont think earning exp personally will attract people to woe mostly because of how insanely easy it is for people to currently level with how you can easily just have people mob the whole map and storm gust it and gain lv 80-90 in litterly 1 hour. If you made it 100k base/job per minute in woe, people can earn that in just 1 big mob in gorge.

Wouldnt be the worst idea having bg give more experience though considering the amount of time you can bg vs woe is substantially higher. Something like 2 mil base/job for a win, 500k for a lose wouldnt be the worst thing.

Yes to lower BG costs. While I dont think 25k is high, this is coming from someone who has really easy access to earning zeny with multiple farming characters. It's different for these new players who are getting lv 80 asap and going to gorge. Their income probably isn't that high and dropping it down to potentially 10k or if you are adding the other bg's, just make it free. No reason that bg should cost anything really.

I would say possibly make it 6 bg war points for a win, 3 for a loss. Just hopefully if that happens, we can have retarded items like ghostring scrolls removed because their balance on a glorious suited person is just broken.

YES YES YES to improved chests. The chests we have now do not excite people in the least. Only items anyone uses are the oca's and god items pieces. Add much better gears such as orleans gloves, diabolus manteau's, Proxy Skin Fragments, enriched elunium/oridecon (well if they could become transferable sure), variant shoes, ice pick, combat knife. Make those items 3% drops or something and people would start taking woe alot more seriously.
09-03-2013 04:41 PM
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

Shinibu Wrote:?
I dont think earning exp personally will attract people to woe mostly because of how insanely easy it is for people to currently level with how you can easily just have people mob the whole map and storm gust it and gain lv 80-90 in litterly 1 hour. If you made it 100k base/job per minute in woe, people can earn that in just 1 big mob in gorge.

Add much better gears such as orleans gloves, diabolus manteau's, Proxy Skin Fragments, enriched elunium/oridecon (well if they could become transferable sure), variant shoes, ice pick, combat knife.??Make those items 3% drops or something and people would start taking woe alot more seriously.

On pvp exp I was just trying to point out pvp exp can be more interesting and thus attractive than pvm in some cases.

No comment about gears, enriched ori/elunium or the ores on the other hand would be nice. Transferable with no restrictions even better, but Panda dont like that idea for the short/medium term so bummer.

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
09-03-2013 05:36 PM
GM-Rahice Offline
The Malevolent Queen Maleficent

Deviluke Wrote:
GM-Rahice Wrote:I'd be more supportive of first trying going back to 2 castles personally than dropping straight to 1 off the bat. I may or may not be right in that aspect, but it's just an opinion.

Unless I misunderstood everyone totally wrong, this comment doesn't make much sense. We are currently at 2 castles (i.e. 2 open at the same time) so we can't really go back to 2 castles. Hence why we're asking for it to become 1 castle (only one open at a time) so that anyone who wants to fight is forced into the same castle.

This was the major problem with 3 castles and even 2, is that half the time it's just one huge game of cat and mouse. It end up being really tiresome and just a waste of time overall.

"Oh look Guild X is at Castle A! Well shit, let's all go to Castle B." So by the time Guild X gets to the Emp room of Castle A, Guild Y is already in town going to hide in/take Castle B, with 0 GvG or challenge whatsoever. Because by the time Guild X realizes and tries to follow, it's just a rinse and repeat of the same thing. It's a War of Emperium, not a foot race. =/

I think I'm the one that misunderstood the original input. I meant it in the aspect of : 1 Retro, 1 Normal - and support the No MVP/Miniboss/etc as well. Hopefully that makes a little more sense.

I don't BG, but I'd say go ahead and lower the cost of BG for everyone.

More exp in BG would be nice for those that BG, of course.

Unsure about the PVP exp, I'd be more or less happy to let the players vote on it.

Getting War Points lets people get BG Keys, so I'd say yes ^_^

Better Chests! Who doesn't want bigger Brea---chests :D

[Image: Rahice.gif]
Thank you Ren for the Signature!
09-03-2013 06:38 PM
Weapon Offline
The Family Jewels

I'm not really a fan of making the game easier. But seeing how most heRO players have an unresourceful spoonfeeding diaperwearing fight-like-leetul-gurl mentality and population consists of tumbleweeds due to how old RO is, it's a moot point to keep barriers in place because most people aren't willing to get past them. Server population/activity's the main problem--as much as I like the new features that have been added, most players returning to RO are generally looking for something newer to the game, and being (officially) trapped in the era of ~5+ years ago would likely make them try different servers.

More suggestions: Make the WoE Castle warpers *actually warp you* to the castle's entrance. One of the most frustrating parts about WoE is how repetitive it can get if you're trying to push. Respawn, restock items, warp to castle, walk to castle if there is no priest to take you there, enter castle, walk to the emp/pre-emp room for a minute or two because nobody really uses the other parts of the castle for defense, push and/or die immediately, repeat. Just *getting* to the battle is tedious enough, but spending most of the time doing prep-work for a full hour is boring as hell.

Seth~ Wrote:BG & WoE reward points combined as one entity would be awesome imo. Not that I WoE really. Just from a reward point of view. It would be totally awesome.

It *would* be nice to be able to use your war points for something other than inferior armors, restoratives, and some crazy-expensive-become-a-monster feature. Like if you could trade your war points for BG points, even if not at a 1:1 ratio, that'd be pretty nice.
09-03-2013 06:51 PM
Vhaerun Offline

I support changing or making one of the castles/days into a no mvp/mini/god type.??WoE is fairly dead right now and I don't see much incentive for new or even seasoned players to start when there are several factions that go around with +5-15 of these items and a team of 1-3 players can wipe a guild of 5-15.??Granted some of that is very much because of poor playing and composition, but still.??

GM-Pandora Wrote:Addendun: some of my own suggestions that I will discuss with the GM team, feel free to comment.
- More exp in BG
- Lower BG cost

I say no to earning exp in WoE right now.??People already sit around for free war points.??If WoE had some real activity and competition, it'd be fair.

More exp, lowering cost, and adding war points to BG is fine so long as people don't sit and afk or throw the match for the handout like with what already happens on occasion with the BG points.

And I say no to improving chest rewards.??There is no competition in WoE right now, so don't give a bigger reward for doing nothing.??Further, this shouldn't be put in unless mvp/mini/god item restrictions are put in also.??Even if WoE were active, it's still likely to be one guild with a free castle every time as is.

I'm not really opposed to any of these changes overall, but I think some of them shouldn't be implemented without first having more participation or implementing restrictions to balance and prevent free rewards.
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2013 07:10 PM by Vhaerun.)
09-03-2013 07:07 PM