Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Massive Changes to Woe/BG
mookow Offline

RE: Massive Changes to Woe/BG

And please add stuff like AD / EDP bg only for bg/war points. Because i would love to play my Creator in BG / WoE but i dont have the time anymore to farm hours and hours for a few bg's where i throw 1k AD.
09-03-2013 08:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Weapon Offline
The Family Jewels

See I'm not a fan of the ease of AD/EDP availability, that stuff's supposed to be the culmination of loads of farming undesirable mobs to *have* that kind of smashing power, thereby limiting how much of it you're willing to use. That's its balance mechanism ?o
09-03-2013 08:58 PM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

Shinibu Wrote:1.??Banning of mvp cards/miniboss cards in WOE/BG
2.??Reduce Woe castles from 3 to 1.
3.??Replace one of the woe days with Woe SE/2.0
4.??Real battlegrounds implementation

1- Let's also take away refined gears, god items, cards in general, and the usage of pots, because ranked c.whites can't really compete with new players. I understand your logic, but MvP cards, high end gears, and hard to earn items are rare for a reason. They're not rare so you can show off while sitting in prontera, they are rare so you can face roll over your opponent because you have something rare, and they don't. Part of the metagame is knowing that there's a person wearing GR, GTB, MP, or whatever else they want to throw at you. Yes, it's hard for new players to face, but I don't think it's the solution. Let's make our dedicated fan base that will grind for years for one card feel like idiots for doing that, just so that the new fan base that might leave next week just because the new Call of Duty came out. I think by doing this the server would risk loosing too much, and gaining almost nothing.

2- For making WoE a friendly place for new players to play (your argument for #1) this is not the solution. You stack everyone that WoE's into one castle, and they will fight tooth and nail and completely stomp the new players. And most likely, there will start being restrictions to come into the guild that wins. I've always been for, opening all castles, no restrictions, no questions asked. It allows new players to take the low econ ones, and high tier players take the high econ one. If a castle ever gets too high, the high tier guild moves in to take it, and the low tier one moves on to a different castle to stake as their own. I know it'll never happen, but I still support it.

3- Every time this is brought up the quick answer is exactly what Albus put- we don't have enough people to do it. Even if every single active heRO player (not just WOE, but heRO in general) split into two woe2.0 teams, it wouldn't be enough. We don't have the server numbers to back this size of an event up, so it won't happen.

4- Zenny sinks are what the GM's love. Anything to eat up a spare 20mil from players, they'll go for it, so I think that it'll always cost money to do BG. I know that the intentions of BG was different, but heRO GM's have decided on the role that BG is going to play, and how it is going to play that role on heRO, so we're stuck with what we have. As for some of those larger ideas, we can hardly get a modified BG team every hour, again, the numbers aren't there to support the implimentation of real BG.
09-04-2013 12:28 AM
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

RE:??Massive Changes to Woe/BG

Weapon Wrote:More suggestions: Make the WoE Castle warpers *actually warp you* to the castle's entrance. One of the most frustrating parts about WoE is how repetitive it can get if you're trying to push. Respawn, restock items, warp to castle, walk to castle if there is no priest to take you there, enter castle, walk to the emp/pre-emp room for a minute or two because nobody really uses the other parts of the castle for defense, push and/or die immediately, repeat. Just *getting* to the battle is tedious enough, but spending most of the time doing prep-work for a full hour is boring as hell.

agreed

Adrillf Wrote:
Shinibu Wrote:1.??Banning of mvp cards/miniboss cards in WOE/BG
2.??Reduce Woe castles from 3 to 1.
3.??Replace one of the woe days with Woe SE/2.0
4.??Real battlegrounds implementation

1- Let's also take away refined gears, god items, cards in general, and the usage of pots, because ranked c.whites can't really compete with new players. I understand your logic, but MvP cards, high end gears, and hard to earn items are rare for a reason. They're not rare so you can show off while sitting in prontera, they are rare so you can face roll over your opponent because you have something rare, and they don't. Part of the metagame is knowing that there's a person wearing GR, GTB, MP, or whatever else they want to throw at you. Yes, it's hard for new players to face, but I don't think it's the solution. Let's make our dedicated fan base that will grind for years for one card feel like idiots for doing that, just so that the new fan base that might leave next week just because the new Call of Duty came out. I think by doing this the server would risk loosing too much, and gaining almost nothing.
Isnt the gears that different players have part of the fun, the alternative is giving each equal playing field and would this then be more of a fight, this is where items like ghost ring scrolls would make the game more balanced for new players. I'd rather say make defenses against mvp/mini boss cards more readily available via pvp/woe/bg points. Obviously not the best as in game but its the idea that counts.

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
09-04-2013 01:33 AM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

**Did not read any of the above**
But decided to post because I saw a screen shot...
7 Abodo vs 3 Ftf that has minimal WoE experience and barely geared.... and FtF still wins...

The problem is not in the WOE format or whatnot... it's in the players LOL
09-04-2013 07:30 PM
Ange Offline

As someone with MVP/Boss cards, I think removing them from WoE is a great idea. Same with reducing the WoE castles. Worst case, you undo the change in a month or two. Even if WoE 2.0 goes horribly wrong, it won't hurt to try it. Lastly, KVM is so dull, I'd take just about any new type of BG.
09-05-2013 11:15 PM
Weapon Offline
The Family Jewels

More minimal changes that would make a bigger difference: Reduce the time involved in BG battles. People don't need more than 1-2 minutes to prepare for the fight or to collect their prizes. If they're not ready, idle, or miss out on points that's their own freakin fault for not paying attention during an event that requires it.
09-06-2013 07:47 AM
Shinibu Offline
Lazy Bum

Server really does need an svn update so they can have the flags required for real bg Icon_smile
09-06-2013 08:10 AM
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

I love dinosaurs

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
09-06-2013 02:59 PM
Mr. Charcanine Offline
PKMN MASTER

RE:??Massive Changes to Woe/BG

I like the sound of WoE without MVP/God items. I think it's one of those changes that we wont see improvements with immediately, but is the best choice in long run. Although I understand that it sucks for the people with those items, I assume if they have Godly gears, then they must have some at least the basic decent PvP gears. If anything, I think the whole having a WoE with MVP/God Gears and having one without sounds cool too.

GM-Pandora Wrote:Addendun: some of my own suggestions that I will discuss with the GM team, feel free to comment.
- Earning Exp in WoE (for every minute spent in castle)
- More exp in BG
- Lower BG cost
- War Points reward for BG (in addition to BG points)
- Improving chest rewards

I really like knowing what the GM team discusses. Even if it gets accepted or denied, I'm glad to know that it was discussed rather than thinking that it was ignored. I hope to hear more about your plans next time Icon_biggrin

09-07-2013 02:17 AM