Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Massive Changes to Woe/BG
iMilo Offline

RE: Massive Changes to Woe/BG

Ah i read now...
What i can say to all of you guys...

1. We need more member for WOE... I have try to go castle at last sunday woe.. My rogue lv 67 can walk to the emperium without hiding..Laugh Seemse like we have 2 castle, one is guarded, one is empty.. So what is the purpose for the empty one?? Make it one castle.. If one guild dominate it, so it's time for another to improve.. Right??

2. We have no other access to MVP card or Godly item if not get it from monster drop.. It would be hard to the non MVP user.. Idk what to say about this.. But surely it would be hard for newbie with low mental.. They will leave WOE or maybe this server when know they will always lose..

3. About BG, i just ask u all one thing.. Did u all not bored with just killing others?? No team work, no another way to win.. U guys can answer it by yourselves..

Just my opinion, sorry for bad english..
Respect No1
09-12-2013 12:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

RE: ??Massive Changes to Woe/BG

Mr. Charcanine Wrote:I like the sound of WoE without MVP/God items. I think it's one of those changes that we wont see improvements with immediately, but is the best choice in long run. Although I understand that it sucks for the people with those items, I assume if they have Godly gears, then they must have some at least the basic decent PvP gears. If anything, I think the whole having a WoE with MVP/God Gears and having one without sounds cool too.

Worthy test idea imo.

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
09-12-2013 01:50 AM
myBlack_isWhite Offline

There were a team from Russia a year ago.??they were bringing their people here and were going to start WoEing. But when they realized there're too many MvP cards - they've left.

GMs, please make conclusions about this. You're killing such a great server with no actions about such important things like WoE. Cuteness and nobie-events won't save it. There're things in RO that can be called "the main thing about that game" which always were WoE, MvP and probably BG, and those things must be perfectly done and balanced to make server grow. Such things like events and cute hats are just a nice addition, kind of a cherry on the top of the pie.
Now just imagine how possible the life of a random human who got perfect body and is 100% healthy, but his heart isn't beating at all.

Please start acting. While you arguing about the situation the hope of the community about better times for WoE on this server is going down. I don't know for sure if u're doing anything about this atm, but the only thing i always see are the endless explanation about the asked questions and barely no actions at all. So, even considering the fact i don't want to say such things i haven't seen any worthy changes for all the time i've been playing here since summer 2010.

Please, stop arguing and start acting. Even if those actions won't be perfectly done at least u'll see what u have to change to make them perfect.

Mr Brightside ~ High Priest 99/70
Mr Darkside ~ Assassin Cross 99/70
Magic Nerd ~ Professor 99/70
Mr Drunkside ~ Champion 98/67
SpeedCrew ~ Sniper 97/67
Pepe Carrero ~ High Wizard 96/67
Jimi Hendrix ~ Clown 95/65
Millionyoung ~ Stalker 95/65
Tony Grey ~ Creator 92/64
Fouk ~ Lord Knight 92/58
Californication ~ Soul Linker 91/50
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2013 02:33 AM by myBlack_isWhite.)
09-13-2013 02:32 AM
iMilo Offline

Go GM go!!? Make a good and balanced WOE.. I bring 4-5 of my friends here just for WOE.. Maybe we not ready for it now lol but please make good WOE for non MVP card or godly item user Ok
09-13-2013 02:42 AM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

I hate to point this out, but it's not the GM's job to make WoE balanced. If players do not want to participate, there's nothing that GM's can do to make them participate. They can not mandate that players log in and fight each other.

The GM team has already done a LOT to customize and incentive-ize WoE. WoE points, guild dungeons, chest loots, God item creation, castle rotation, non-trans WoE, limited the use of certain items (fish), and just because of how big an incentive it is I'm going to put it in twice, WoE points.

The GM team is practically giving out free stuff to anyone who wants to do as little as sit on a map for an hour to get 60 free points. Free. All you have to do is find a corner of a castle that no one visits (easier in big castles like Prontera) and sit. You have to do nothing, and you still get rewards.

Personally, I don't see any amounts of incentives changing who is involved in WoE. No amount of 'free' stuff is going to make people that don't want to WoE, walk into a castle. If players don't want to WoE, they won't. If they weren't interested at this point by all of the free things that are being passed out, then there's not much to make them want to play.
09-13-2013 10:57 AM
Kittie Offline
Cheshire Cat

Honestly if you actually took the time to read the topic you could read that the GM team wants input from the players so they can discuss changes and implant them to the server.

As for "please start acting" its basically what Adrillf already summed up, the GMs did do a lot of things for WoE in the last couple of years to motivate people already. The GMs can't control the community as well as forcing them into WoE or anything :/ Instead of pointing fingers, i think its better to come up with suggestions.

Edit: Also, there are ALOT of people who enjoy different aspects from the game that are not related to WoE/BG or PvP, i think thats something to respect as well. You may not like all the "cute and kawaii" headgears and novie events etc etc but others can and others do :/

Time zone GTM+1

Kittie- 99/70 Brewer Creator
Do a Little Dance 99/70 WoE Gypsy

[Image: nz0mqx.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2013 02:32 PM by Kittie.)
09-13-2013 02:25 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

The GM team read everyone's input, we discussed it all and we agreed on a number of things, some will come during the next 2 days, some during the next reboot and some later.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
09-13-2013 09:28 PM
taskeox Offline

One of the more "successful" server I have been on would be the now defunct *edit my Pixel* RO server.

The server wiped 3 times, yet each time, there was more and more players on the launch date. The last and final wipe topped 2k players on launch day. 1500 player WoEs.

I'm not saying wipe or anything, I'm just pointing out how appealing a server without these god tier items can be.

Although, the question remains that whether or not implementing a no-mvp-WoE will still be able to gain any publicity for this server.

*Edit by Pixel* please do not mention other server names, thank you Icon_smile
09-28-2013 10:46 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

taskeox was it a high rate server?
HR wipes are a different matter, this is an LR...
10-01-2013 02:42 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Changes Relating to WoE/BG added today:
  • MVP cards and God Items cannot be equipped in GVG (including WoE and the Battlegrounds), they are automatically taken off the character once he/she enters these zones. Guild dungeons and the PVP/GVG rooms are not affected by this change. There are no change to miniboss card.
  • Experienced earned in the Heroic Battlegrounds has been increased, for a win from 600k to 1800k, for a tie from 400k to 1200k and for a loss from 100k to 800k.
  • A Tie in the Heroic Battlegrounds now earns the player 4 BG Points (was 3 before)
  • A Loss in the Heroic Battlegrounds now earns the player 2 BG Points (was 1 before)
  • Participating in the Heroic Battlegrounds now rewards with War Points in addition to the BG Points (War Points can be exchanged for rewards at any of the NPC outside WoE castles), players will earn 12 War Points for a win, 8 for a tie and 4 for a loss.
  • Joining the Heroic Battlegrounds now cost 15,000 zeny (was 25,000 before)
  • Using a key to start the Heroic Battlegrounds gives 1 BG Point (even if the fight gets cancelled).
  • Level 85+ Participants in the War of Emperium (both normal and retro) who are registered to receive War Points, will also receive Experience for every minute spent in castle. Between base level 85 and 98 the person will receive 60k Base Exp and if the person is level 99 without max job they will receive 60k Job Exp.
  • The Warzone dungeon is now available, you can purchase single entry (3 War Points) or permanent access to the dungeon for 1 character (180 War Point) at the WoE Agent NPC in front of every castle. The player-mobs available inside so far are: Adrillf, iPistis, Slick's Shadow, Kittie-, ChaosPrince, Beauty, Leofer, Nagato.Yuki and Rowdy Day. There are also 3 Wild Emperium. Use??use @mi 3000 and 3021 to 3030 to read information on these monsters.
  • 3 New gears can be purchased with War Points, costing 60 War Points each they are: War Cape: 3 def 10% resist neutral, War Shoes: 3 Def 3% resist demi-human and War Boots: 4 def 7% hp sp
  • 2 New consumables can be purchased with War Points, they are Agi Up 10 and Bless 10 scrolls, costing 5 War Points for 10 of each.

Keep in mind some of these changes may be temporary, while others will be permanent, we'll see how things go.

There are other changes coming, such as revamped chests and the new bg. I wanted to get some out before the Bday/Halloween season kicks in.

Coming in the future BG update (currently on the test server, to be released once it's fully tested and fixed):
- First 100 BG (or next 100 for people who've already done BG before) at lower cost.
- Sign up time lowered to 4 minutes with an extra 30 seconds to join the chatroom after being warped.
- Time to collect rewards has been lowered (either to 30 seconds or 60 seconds, pending testing).
- KVM fight time lowered to 5 minutes.
- Tierra and Flavius modes added (they last longer than KVM and give more points/exp, set at double the rewards of KVM for now, Tierra and Flavius also require more participants, if not enough participants show up the BG defaults to KVM, likewise if too many participants show up for KVM it switches to Tierra or Flavius).
- Teams sorted as best as possible based on the classes available
- Friendly fire with people of your team
- Information on your screen about how many people remain in each team

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
10-01-2013 02:06 PM