Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Game starts in a tiny tiny window, screen inside post
niia Offline
Starchild

Game starts in a tiny tiny window, screen inside post

Here's the screendump of how my gamewindow is when i start heRO, both normal and as administrator.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/i9ju.jpg/

I recently installed heRO using the full installer + BGM.
When i had patched it completely and everything seemed to be OK, i started it and this is how the game-screen looked like.
Ive tried to change resolution, graphic drivers (Direct 3D Hal and my graphic card which is Mobile Intil® 4 Series Express Chipset but neither of them changed anything.

Ive tried to run as administrator aswell, ive checked OptionInfo.lua in my savedata folder and everything seemed ok. (I read one post saying there's a OptionInfo.lua in both the Data and the savedata folder, but i just had that .lua file in my savedata folder.

Im running windows 7 32bit on my laptop which is running on the following specs:

Dell Latitude e4300
2.4ghz duo2core
4gb ram
Mobile Intil® 4 Series Express Chipset Family.

My graphic onboard driver seem to be up to date.

I cant figure out what's wrong, i believe this laptop should to be able to run RO, ive played it on way more older and lower specced computors in the past years.

Im thankful for any assistance possible.

Yours truly, niia <3

Teadaze
Wizzy

Teaparty
B-Girl Dancer

Teabag
KneightRiduz

Sakon
Clownyboi

Teacake
Pwiestess!

11-07-2013 08:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Debris Offline
Equivalent Exchange

RE: Game starts in a tiny tiny window, screen inside post

Have you already tried this:
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=24672

Caitlin
Disease, Debris, Shiranai
[Image: sblkpu.jpg]
11-07-2013 08:58 AM
Dogster10 Offline

I've got this same exact problem... Havnt been able to fix it yet
11-11-2013 12:38 AM
Laenaya Offline
Where's my flyswatter?!

Our current client reads LUA files from the "data" folder first and then from the GRF(s), but the "Setup" programs save info into the "savedata" folder (yay Gravity developers). You can try copying files from "savedata" to "data", but it'll probably not work.

If your "Setup.exe" has a ghostring icon, it's not compatible with heRO's client so you can try an older version, but if you're using something like a "kRO folder" from Ratemyserver it means that you've never installed RO and won't have the necessary entries in your registry, so it' not guaranteed it's gonna work either. (Check the Step 4.1 on this thread for the older "Setup.exe")

You both could try using "Opensetup", first in "REG" (registry) mode and then in "LUA" mode to see if either options work. If nothing works you can try the tool I've made for heRO which is in the thread pointed by Debris.

Note: Both versions of "Setup.exe" were made for Windows XP, so you might need to run them both "As Administrator" and in "Compatibility Mode".

[Image: CWsTYo5.png]
Dem friends!
11-11-2013 12:26 PM
Menace651 Offline

Like Laenaya said it's just an incompatible RO setup file. I recently re-installed windows 7 on my computer and downloaded the new HeRO installer and had the same problem. I copied the setup file from an older HeRO installer from my backup drive into the new HeRO folder and Presto problem fixed.

Laenaya's custom HeRO windows resizer works well too but it is kind of a hassle to open 2 programs just to run 1. And some of the in game text is kind of "funky" but that might just be my computer.

I have the old Setup file if anyone with webspace is willing to upload it or needs me to send it to them. Or maybe GM's can add the old setup file to the downloads section.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2013 07:48 PM by Menace651.)
12-06-2013 07:44 PM