Other Nubcakes
Stupid is the new cool. Go with it.

[Image: priceless3yj.gif]
12-04-2013 01:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

RE: heRO 2.0

@Cat-Alin: the "Amistr based Eleanor" sounds interesting.

@The Legendary Joe Wrote: PVM parties is largely not happening as far I pick up, via main. Item scarcity is also very frustrating for me.

@noah18cars: I would be more interested in a (new morpg's server) made by Panda, than leave the current for the same.

peace, love, war.

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
12-04-2013 05:10 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

The idea of opening a mid rate is appealing really, makes my mind burst with ideas (it would be a pre-renewal btw), however it's important to be realistic. I really don't have the time nor the ressources (gm-wise) for a 2nd server. It's best that I dedicate what time I do have available to the existing loyal players of this server, rather than spread it towards the potential players of another. As for a different mmo, that's just crazy XD definately have no time to learn another mmo, how it's script and emulator work and whatnot.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
12-04-2013 06:31 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:??heRO 2.0

Seth~ Wrote:@Cat-Alin: the "Amistr based Eleanor" sounds interesting.
Eleanor is one of the least popular of the homunculus S due to being the only one that doesn't gain any mobbing skills, instead??going for a combo monk type approach with that adorable cat girl sprite~. Usually people evolve her from Filir or Vanilmirth to keep her damage output high, but being tanky and having access to castling would help her out too~.

Sera (the bee Lady) is one of the ultimate Homunculus S, having a godly buff you can cast on any tank to make them incredibly resistant to damage, she??can summon an army of luciola vespas to destroy stuff and??she has a Poison AoE that blinds things. Usually based off of Vanilmirths, or filirs.

Dieter (basically a Boy in a flask, with the body of a golem surrounding it), Is pretty much the other Ultimate Hom S. Having incredibly damaging fire AoE's. It's the fastest of all the homunculus S to level with 2 different AoE attacks, and buffs that make the Homunc and the chemist more tanky and deal more damage. Usually based off of Vanilmirth again, but kinda makes sense here, due to his appearance.

Bayeri is like a unicorn dude. The tankiest of all the homunculus S. He's not very popular due to most of his skills being cast interuptable, though he does cast Swall on himself and his chemist at the same time.??He's incredibly good against dark/undead things since most of his skills are holy prop. Usually based off of amistr to bolster that defense more, or filir to make his skills more damaging. I believe we have a couple seasonal monsters that use his sprite here in HeRO.

Eira is common one, due to being the easiest one to upgrade it's loyalty. It's overboost skill removes 50 of it's hunger points when??it's effect fades, so you can just use overboost over and over again, and feed it as often as you'd like (making it amazing for evolved filir/Vanilmirth skills). Most of it's skills are magical (Wind/neutral magics~), so??Vanilmirth and Lif get the most out of it. It's appearance looks like the natural progression of a lif anyway. Again,It's sprite also??belongs to a seasonal monster in hero. Lif doesn't get much love anymore due to Geneticists cart boost being pretty much the same thing.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2013 08:38 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
12-04-2013 07:06 PM
noah18cars Offline
The Dude With The Car And The Hair.

When you say mid-rate are you thinking like 10-15x or like 40-50x?

Zboy Nubcake Clown
Fathom Nubcake Monk
Other Nubcakes

12-04-2013 08:18 PM
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

noah18cars Wrote:Hello heRO!
I believe that the opening of a new server identical to heRO, but with all zeny and characters erased would provide a huge jolt in player interest and solve most of the problems currently plaguing this server.

it's a wipe
12-04-2013 09:21 PM
noah18cars Offline
The Dude With The Car And The Hair.

A new server identical to heRO would mean there is a new server with the same rates and custom quests hosted by the same person, but there is still access to the old server and some incentive to play on it.

Zboy Nubcake Clown
Fathom Nubcake Monk
Other Nubcakes

12-04-2013 09:26 PM
Seth~ Offline
Half-ling Assasin

RE: ??heRO 2.0

The Legendary Joe Wrote:
Seth~ Wrote:@Cat-Alin: the "Amistr based Eleanor" sounds interesting.
Eleanor is one of the least popular of the homunculus S due to being the only one that doesn't gain any mobbing skills, instead??going for a combo monk type approach with that adorable cat girl sprite~. Usually people evolve her from Filir or Vanilmirth to keep her damage output high, but being tanky and having access to castling would help her out too~.

Sera (the bee Lady) is one of the ultimate Homunculus S, having a godly buff you can cast on any tank to make them incredibly resistant to damage, she??can summon an army of luciola vespas to destroy stuff and??she has a Poison AoE that blinds things. Usually based off of Vanilmirths, or filirs.

Dieter (basically a Boy in a flask, with the body of a golem surrounding it), Is pretty much the other Ultimate Hom S. Having incredibly damaging fire AoE's. It's the fastest of all the homunculus S to level with 2 different AoE attacks, and buffs that make the Homunc and the chemist more tanky and deal more damage. Usually based off of Vanilmirth again, but kinda makes sense here, due to his appearance.

Bayeri is like a unicorn dude. The tankiest of all the homunculus S. He's not very popular due to most of his skills being cast interuptable, though he does cast Swall on himself and his chemist at the same time.??He's incredibly good against dark/undead things since most of his skills are holy prop. Usually based off of amistr to bolster that defense more, or filir to make his skills more damaging. I believe we have a couple seasonal monsters that use his sprite here in HeRO.

Eira is common one, due to being the easiest one to upgrade it's loyalty. It's overboost skill removes 50 of it's hunger points when??it's effect fades, so you can just use overboost over and over again, and feed it as often as you'd like (making it amazing for evolved filir/Vanilmirth skills). Most of it's skills are magical (Wind/neutral magics~), so??Vanilmirth and Lif get the most out of it. It's appearance looks like the natural progression of a lif anyway. Again,It's sprite also??belongs to a seasonal monster in hero. Lif doesn't get much love anymore due to Geneticists cart boost being pretty much the same thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYaacttVz2s..

I still like the idea of 3rd jobs just for the sake of new content.

most wanted buying list
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=19956
12-05-2013 12:05 AM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

Just for the sake of clarity, and to help people try to understand where Pandora and crew sit on the problems that lie with the requests to 'just update the SVN' and/or 'just adding renewal'.

To do either of these there is a very long checklist of debugging that has to happen. You have to remember just how far HeRO's customization goes. To simply update to the next SvN you have to go through a large majority (preferably ALL) of the customizations (custom monsters, custom gears, custom quests, custom maps, etc) and make sure they all work without any glitches or bugs. Not only that, but then you have to check ALL of the new material to make sure that none of the customization from the past will modify any of the new quests, gears, monsters or maps. If I remember the story right, the last SvN update was mainly done by Ayu and Panda through a series of binge all-nighters that lasted for some crazy amount of time. Not to mention the dedication of a serious amount of people in T&D who put in a lot of hours themselves. That's just for updating to the next SvN.

To update to renewal with all of what we have right now, everything has to be reconsidered and rebalanced. Part of renewal is the addition of new mechanics behind the game. Stats work different, exp works different, skills are a whole new game to play with, and so to make things balanced the GM team would have to address every single custom gear and balance them against the new renewal mechanics. The goal for these is to make each item similar enough to the traditional mechanics, but without making it too strong or too weak compared to the renewal mechanics; and enough stress can not be put on just how much testing would have to be done with items just to make sure that they're not too OP. And most importantly, there would also be a 99% chance of there being a server wipe, which Pandora has said would never happen, which means that renewal would never happen.

Then onto the thought of creation of an additional server-
For everyone who thinks that our GM team is not as active as you would like, this would cut any GM activity in half. Not worth it. Not worth it for Pandora considering she's paying out of her own pocket to keep this server up.

TL:DR-
To even do something like an SVN update takes a ridiculous amount of time, and there hasn't been a person in YEARS that has been masochistic enough to finish the job. If you think that you're up to the task, and you won't back out like the previous 4+ GM's who tried to tackle it, step up, and help because I'm 99% sure that Pandora and the GM team would love the help with something like this.

To think about going to renewal is down right insane with all of the scripts and codes that would have to be checked and fixed.
12-05-2013 12:23 AM
Summerstream Offline
Yggdrasil Scholar

Hmm. Well, I talked to him in-game about this (main inspiration behind his posting), and just an input on the renewal mechanics. What would be an idea is to have a 'Renewal' server, and a 'Classic' server. Proposed new server would be the renewal one. Just my 5 cents (cause they took away the penny).

[Image: .gif]
Test & Dev | Wiki
The taste of our wine is as divine as the stars
Summerstream | Amelia Newman
Ithilethiel | Aquaris Harmoni
.Pavan. | Sheena Archer
~Saya~ | +Aurora+
Wine Brewing Society
12-05-2013 01:43 AM