Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
About the FISH
Lis and Olo Offline
Valkyrie's Messenger

RE: About the FISH

Wow, there is no way I'm reading all that.Icon_lol

I never sell my fish, so maybe I'm just lucky. Do you have 50 fishing points? How much do you fish? I spend about 150k per trip, (because that is close to the average of how much I can carry before going back to kafra.) I typically get about 100 salmon this way. Let me tell you also I use EVERY fish. I actually tend to get just as much, if not more use out of trout and bass as I do salmon, (Nothing beats angel fish though). Keep in mind when I was using these fish, I was approaching 20k hps, so It isnt that I didnt have much to heal. You can spam things like trout and bass. You cant really spam salmon too much or you run out quickly.

If you can use an item that heals both hp and sp at the same time, what is the benifit of carrying twice as many pots and having to use 2 quickslots to use them. Training can be complicated enough when you are being attacked simultaneously by 5-10 monsters.

I'm not acting defensively, mind you. I take no offence to anything said. I'm simply backing up my point, thats all. Also, sorry for being too lazy to read all of that post, but I just dont have the focus right now.

Sal, (since you were interested xD)
03-30-2007 02:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
razoredge Offline
Poring Head Knight

Quote:If you can use an item that heals both hp and sp at the same time, what is the benifit of carrying twice as many pots and having to use 2 quickslots to use them.

That really depends on how skilled you are with battle mode. If you have that down it doesn't really matter since that has all 3 hotkey bars set for you. But if you don't need sp regen items why hold something that's double the weight necessary for you? I think the only hotkey bar I ever have used up for all three is my three different needed for my priest the rest I don't worry too much about when leveling x_X as they are never full from skills xD so two slots doesn't affect me really. I still don't see how doubling the weight of the fish would benefit you then, you'd have less to spam, you'd get overweight faster, and you would be going back to the kafra too many times o.o; (well really this is more or less of a guess since I don't know how much weight you have or anything like that but 60 for 1 fish would add up very quickly x_x; ) I'll take a stab and say your weight is like 5.5k usually minus a knight's equipment you'll subtract 700~1k from your weight (dependent on if you don't hold more than one of equipment on you ex: 4 different pikes etc... if you have more obviously your weight will be less). So when you add in fish that lowers the number you have if you're all for the idea of the fish weighing more o.o.

As far as my points I think I'm at like 9 or 10 now Icon_lol I don't go fishing nearly as much as anyone else in my guild or on this server from what it seems Icon_cry I rely more on pots (which I would use slims but since no one makes them at a decent price... yea... can't do that) since most of my characters are agi builds so they don't need sp as much so I'd rather not bog them down with fish. As far as how much I spend... maybe 20k every once in a while? I really only fish when my guildmates need them /swt

Quote:I'm not acting defensively, mind you. I take no offence to anything said. I'm simply backing up my point, thats all. Also, sorry for being too lazy to read all of that post, but I just dont have the focus right now.

quite alright I apologize for when I get on a roll I guess I go all out Icon_sad

Also, I took it as you debating your point I like good debates /e2

[Image: razbannerow7.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2007 03:13 PM by razoredge.)
03-30-2007 03:13 PM
Motenai_Ronin Offline
Lord Jugger

err i'm gonna drop a bomb and suggest that we create fish that can do Bless and Agi Up at low levels ( like 3-5) 8D

uhm okay Icon_biggrin

~Wesa got a grand army!~ || ~Phreeoni's Cave of Wonders~
[Image: geonosisbanner.jpg][Image: phreenoni.png]  
Jugger (LK) Jester (Hunter) Beast (Taekwon) War Machine (BlackSmith) Iron Man (Merchant)
03-30-2007 04:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Nope. Just No, we've seen this on another server, not a good idea, sorry!

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
03-30-2007 04:56 PM
silvanel Offline
Banned

Id like to point somethign out...

healing bot hp and sp at the same time isnt nesseraly good...compared to blues and white pot, you can manage your sp and hp correctly
while
when you use lets say salmon at seals,

and you get mobed by 3 seals, your hp get low way faster than your sp,so you gotta mash your salmons... which makes you wast hypothicely, way more blues for no reason than whites for the same weight ...

Thats already a pretty good downside in my opinion.
03-30-2007 05:00 PM
razoredge Offline
Poring Head Knight

silvanel Wrote:and you get mobed by 3 seals, your hp get low way faster than your sp,so you gotta mash your salmons... which makes you wast hypothicely, way more blues for no reason than whites for the same weight ...

that's why I said condensed pots would be good for that Icon_biggrin

03-30-2007 06:09 PM
Lis and Olo Offline
Valkyrie's Messenger

I'm surprised there were no further comments here, as it seems that changes indeed have been made. I'm curious if the changes made had anything to do with this thread. Icon_lol

It "seems" like salmon are heavier than I remember and all the fishing prices have doubled. Anyone else notice any differences?
04-16-2007 12:01 PM
razoredge Offline
Poring Head Knight

salmon are the same weight = 30 ;D

but I haven't been fishing in forever so I dunno about any other changes x.x

04-16-2007 12:34 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Pandora Wrote:I'll consider raising the bait price.
I said I'd consider it, and I did. The bait price was raised, I have not made any other modification yet, so anything else is just your imagination.

GMs are discussing the issue, of course part of our discussing it has to do with this thread, we listen to our player's opinons. Of course this does not mean that we will always do what players want, we have to think about whats best for the server, but we still have open ears to what you have to say.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
04-16-2007 01:43 PM
Lis and Olo Offline
Valkyrie's Messenger

I think that's awesome. Icon_lol

My mind likes to play tricks on me sometimes. Icon_eek
04-17-2007 12:25 PM