Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
About the FISH
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

RE: About the FISH

I beg to differ Namine. First you need certain items to make a Fishing Pole. You can't make a new lvl 1/1 Novice and start fishing. It takes 20k to get 100 baits. Not something you have when you start.

Also, my LK can do 700 baits per run, that's 7x20k=140k, and the MOST Doris and Nemo I got in a single run (700 baits) is 3 Doris and 2 Nemo. At other times I usually end up with 2 doris and 0 nemo, 0 doris 1 nemo...etc.

If you don't believe me, feel free to explain why do I have 24,000 Guppy and 80 Nemo in my storage.
05-16-2007 05:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Force-Attuned Krogoth Offline
Jack of All Trades

ygg seed/berry are not just MVP drops. Seeds are dropped by alligator, stem worm, and leaf cat, at higher rate than fishing. Berries can come from Choco and Bapho Jr, and of course shining plant drops both. It's not hard to come by them, if you know where to look.

Kroggles ensures the living stay living, and the dead stay dead.
Clobberella beats you up.
Teela Brown has a birdie!
Flosshilde communes with the very souls of the damned.
Walsung is actually pretty cool. For a guy made of metal.
05-16-2007 06:13 PM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

Did I mention how long it takes to finish 700 baits?
05-16-2007 06:19 PM
Stealth Offline
The Wind

i think fishing is balanced cause it takes what no one can recover: "TIME". Man, u have to spend time fishing/mining to buy pots u need, what? 15~30 sec? and there's the rate of good fishes will come, it's a chance, u can spend ur 140k and come with no good fishes, or u can spend 140k and comes only with good fishes, but either way, u spent time that u could be using to do other things, and u'll never recover time, u can waste time and bet on the fishing or u can go be sure and buy potz, either way, i really dun agree with status on fishes... Icon_mrgreen

[Image: sign.jpg]
The silent wind blows serenely on your body... It  was your last feeling... Thou art dead...
05-16-2007 06:41 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Force-Attuned Krogoth Wrote:ygg seed/berry are not just MVP drops. Seeds are dropped by alligator, stem worm, and leaf cat, at higher rate than fishing. Berries can come from Choco and Bapho Jr, and of course shining plant drops both. It's not hard to come by them, if you know where to look.

Namin? rests her case.

As for the bait-time factor, if Namin? got the strength to hold the fishes, which she does not, then it may not take too long to finish the bait (Namin? is talking about finishing the supply of baits, not saying that it does not take long to get the rare fishes). She tried 350 the most, which is half of what Mr. Bloody have... it only took a minute or so... Just hitting left mouse click and enter key a lot Icon_lol

However, if berries and seeds are really obtainable outside of MVP and shining plant (the only non MVP source that she knows o.o; did not know the rest), then it's probably fine to keep fish the way it is now Icon_suprised

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
05-16-2007 08:16 PM
Sekaru Offline
Winter's Hope

I think the simplest thing... would be like saying effects for fish during WoE and some during other times if possible that way the yelling can stop Icon_cry btw I am pro shark ! Fish must be eaten! (hmm I wonder if you could make it so that a ktullanux would randomly come out while your fishing... wow that would be cool)

Ice, Honor, Pride,     HeRo...
[Image: siggysek.jpg]
05-16-2007 08:30 PM
Jubei Offline
Chairman

@namine: It only affects Nemo, Doris, Angel, and Salmon.

For my two cents, fish are good the way they are. To tell you the truth, i think panda's spoiled most of us with the custom stuff on HeRO. From the wings, to the mining and fishing, its made us lazy and whiney. I'm not saying anything hurtful nor am i talking down on Panda's mods, but when you start complaining about an item which was supposed to help and could easily be taken away, i nod my and and say "tsk tsk." I thank panda for all her work, and whatever decision she makes I'll accept. But with the whole SVN issue going on, something as menial as a 1% chance status chance when eating a RAW UNCOOKED FISH is both balanced and reasonable.

-Enna

[Image: hl101.jpg]
05-17-2007 02:13 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Hm... certainly not to discredit Ms. Pandora or anyone, but custom items should be made so that they are balanced in according to existing original items. The wings are certainly made to be a fine-tuned custom item that are balanced... Certainly players of the forum can contribute to discuss with the balance factor for these custom items, if any seems to be over/underpowered in Namine's opinions...

Namine believes that this is what this thread is trying to do all along... players compare the price, weight, time needed to retrieve the item and effects of existing healing items and potions with the effects of the fish...

(Angel Fish is said to heal "a lot of HP and SP"... er, is there an existing item that heals similar or is even identical to the Angel Fish anyway if she may ask?)

EDIT: Namine was pretty sure that she was in prefectly good health last time she engulfed plates after plates of uncooked fish, known as sushi.

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2007 02:49 PM by Namine.)
05-17-2007 02:48 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

We can't make everyone happy unfortunatly, whatever we do someone will complain. I wont make a poll about it, because of course everyone would vote to have no status, cheaper baits, more healing and whatnot.
Icon_wink

Suggestion are welcome of course, to have the status in woe only is a valid idea, I'll consider it, perhaps lower the status chance outside of woe, we'll see.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
05-17-2007 04:25 PM
razoredge Offline
Poring Head Knight

well even though I'm not a big fish user I can see where people are coming from. This whole thread was based off the inability to see people spam them in pvp/woe. The OP (original poster) then said not to make it about WoE/PvP when the OP was the one to originally base the complaint on something in WoE/PvP.

After the price raised I asked my friends in their regards to it and they were fine with it. The big problem everyone had was lower str characters inability to hold fish if the weight was doubled.

More healing is a bit out there and I think the fish are fine where they are and I'm sure most of my guild mates would agree since they already do the equivalent of a pot + sp regen item or a ygg type.

I'd have to agree that if the status is going to be a effect just to please the OP, then have it effect more during WoE/PvP... My only concern is the part fish play in ToH (since I don't know what effect it gives).

Either way I'm impartial to this since most, if not all, of my characters get better use out of pots than fish, but there are times I use fish too. So I'm in the middle Icon_biggrin

[Image: razbannerow7.gif]
05-17-2007 04:53 PM