Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
About the FISH
silvanel Offline
Banned

RE: About the FISH

Somehow, it seems like this *fish case* come back since another guild took alde what a coincidence again no? it did the same with the price of the bait whit the other castle!

or is it just me seeing that?

anyway, my opinion, fish are ok the way they are, with the new cost its ok.

in somethign like 3 days, i wasted over 2 mill zenny with fishing...

Isnt it not enough already to waste TIME and ZENNY for our fish?

each run I do take me about 45 min to 1 hour. using between 2500-3000 bait per run. so, no it doesnt take 1 min for 350 bait... trust me !

thats 1 hour and 350k wasted for 1-2 hours of lvling. I think its fair enough.

Those people complaining about fish is people who either dont have time or are too lazy to waste 45 min clicking on the same spot! so instead of whining, just do it .
05-17-2007 09:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

It has nothing to do with who took what castle or anything of the sort, GMs had been discussing it for a while and it just took some time to come to a decision and for me to actually try it on test server and confirm what works and doesnt.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
05-17-2007 09:52 PM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

It was Ms. Pandora who revived the thread to tell the server about the new changes to the fishes... Unless of course, Ms. Pandora has a character within a guild that Namin? also goes to yet Namin? does not know of it, then Namin? can rest her case (again.) Speaking on the same matter, if Namin? is truly so bitter about the lost of her castle, then why does she have to support the change initially until Mr. Flosshilde enlightens her on the possibility of retrieving ygg seed and ygg berries from normal monsters as well...? Not to mention, Namin? is always absent in woe...

Certainly Mr. Silvanel's suspicion is a pure coincidence~

Believe that currently, almost everyone does want fish to remain the same without the status effect, actually... from different and mixed backgrounds, characters and guilds. Perhaps that it is best to see Fish's effect on both pvm and pvp for now, and adjust accordingly after a test trial period~

Certainly if the GMs have tried it for awhile in a test server somewhere, they must have thought about all possibilities and their opinions on the status effect on some ground somewhere...

(though still preferable if fishes have no status effect. If both ygg items and fishes can have the same healing effect at almost parallel rarity, then either both of them share the status effect, or both of them have no status effect... seems fair to Namin? that items of the same effect and rarity and time to hunt for them, should share the same downside, hm?)

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
05-18-2007 12:51 AM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

Normal monsters who drop Yggs?

Yggdrasil Seed:
Alligator 1.5%
Leaf Cat 0.45%
Skeggiold (Black) 0.6%
Stem Worm 1.35%
Wanderer 0.9%

Yggdrasil Berry:
Bapho. Jr. 1.5%

Yggdrasil Leaf:
Brilight 7.5%
Evil Druid 6%
Galapago 45%
Giant Hornet 0.45%
Skeggiold (Blue) 0.6%
Wanderer 19.5%

Those are some of them

I don't see a problem with having some kind of a low-chance status on Nemo and Doris, but Salmon and Angel Fish? Come on, it takes over 14 or 15 Salmons to fill my LK's HP/SP, using that many everytime my HP/SP goes low I am bound to get the bad status.
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2007 02:13 AM by Bloody.)
05-18-2007 02:11 AM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Without fish it would cost you the samon amount, but in white pots, wich should cost you 1,5k x 14-15? something like 21-22k EACH time?

Bad status thing is a good idea.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
05-18-2007 11:14 AM
Namine Offline
Explorer of Wonderland

Namine would suggest some of the LK to do a measurement... how many salmon, angel, or white+blue potions are needed to refill hp/sp to full after frenzy effect? Then there will be a few numbers to work with for comparison purposes rather than arbitrary estimates...

~ Pyo! (Linker) ~ Pyuu (Sniper) ~ Namine (FS HP) ~ Cessini (Stalker) ~ Meteor Storm (ME HP) ~
05-18-2007 11:22 AM
Cream Offline
Banned

I did it a while ago, I think it was 6 salmons to recover just enough sp to do 2-hand quicken+aura blade+parry+concentration+frenzy

Edit: just tested again, its actually 5.
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2007 05:11 PM by Cream.)
05-18-2007 04:59 PM
Bloody Offline
Mmm Blood

Quote:If War of Emperium is active, regardless of which map you are on, you have a chance of getting more status when eating.

Sad Icon_lol
That makes no sense at all. People who lvl/hunt during WoE have to stop using fish because some 12 years old kid who complains about fish-users killing him over and over keeps crying.

Yep, sad indeed.
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2007 05:35 PM by Bloody.)
05-22-2007 05:26 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Well sorry but thats the best I can do, I can detect if WoE is on, but not which map the user is in. WoE is 3 hours per week out of 168 total, that shouldn't be TOO much of a bother to people leveling during WoE.

I could also just set it back to the way it was before a suggestion was made about WoE only, that is, all status apply all the time everywhere. You really don't see the compromised that was made, all you do is complain.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
05-22-2007 06:11 PM
Jubei Offline
Chairman

Call me crazy, I MEAN CALL ME CRAZY, but have you ever tried sitting? Like the way RO was meant to be made? I mean, like, this is what i do, even with fish. Find a safe corner, sit, and go like, to the bathroom or a lemonaid, or a soda, or open a bag of chips? I mean like, it takes forever to find enough salmon via fishing or a bundle buying enough blue pots to refill your LKs sp, but like, a minute or two of your time to recover SP? I know, crazy idea, but bear with me here.

[Image: hl101.jpg]
05-23-2007 01:12 AM