Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MVP Mini-Muspel KS
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

RE: MVP Mini-Muspel KS

(09-20-2014 11:06 AM)yacsef Wrote:  How is pneumaing an MVP dirtier than killstealing an MVP? If people want to fight for stuff, fight smartly at least. In WoE you can debuff people to win a castle but in pvm you can't debuff people to win your loots?

My theory is that you can do stuff that other people can reverse (you can LP/sw pneuma for example), so teleporting mvps and stuff like that isn't in my "dirty play strategies". Game is actually much more fun if fighting is involved cause pvm gets pretty repetitive and unchallenging.

I'd even suggest making some MVP maps pvp enabled, i'd find it so fun if teams are equally geared/numbered, but that's pretty hard to have in this kind of game, unless gears are imposed for the event.

I agree that people should be allowed to use tactics. The reason the rule against doing so came into play was an old long-standing conflict surrounding Golden Thief Bug camping where people were using SW to stop Asuras, so others brought LP, so others brought more LP, so others brought Pneuma to stop Creators, etc. I thought the whole thing was WAY more fun than just solo camping GTB, you actually had guilds working together even on low end MVPs. It brought a whole new meaning to competitive MVPing and I found it quite fun. But people whined enough that the rule about not interfering with others' strategies got implemented. Oh well, more carebearing!

(09-20-2014 11:12 AM)Aaronock Wrote:  You can Pneuma a boss, you just aren't suppose to do it maliciously to prevent other people who already are mvping from...mvping.

Similar to the who SWing a boss to keep players from damaging it, or LPing an area to screw up the strategy, or doing anything to make it purposefully teleport around.

But, I think some of these rules kind of go out the window the moment you have event MVP's, true anarchy baby Icon_twisted

You just shouldn't insult people during or afterwards. Icon_smile

AKA, I'm with Albus pretty much all the way about this. I dealt with plenty of MVP competition back in the day when I lead a guild, and Tul has a few memorable shots of that lol. Embarrassing yes, but it just teaches you to think of ways to not have it happen again. It does mean having to plan a bit more thoroughly, but it'll make you a better player in the end.

GM's shouldn't have to cater to every little complaint and whine just because the server doesn't have the player count it once did.

Yea, Tulwar's steals of Randgris were hilarious! I miss those days.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2014 11:33 AM by azurerogue.)
09-20-2014 11:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ash~ Offline
>O

(09-20-2014 11:06 AM)yacsef Wrote:  I'd even suggest making some MVP maps pvp enabled

YES I LIKE THAT

[Image: gangnam_style_cat.gif]
09-20-2014 12:29 PM
Ash~ Offline
>O

(09-20-2014 11:12 AM)Aaronock Wrote:  You can Pneuma a boss, you just aren't suppose to do it maliciously to prevent other people who already are mvping from...mvping.

Similar to the who SWing a boss to keep players from damaging it, or LPing an area to screw up the strategy, or doing anything to make it purposefully teleport around.

But, I think some of these rules kind of go out the window the moment you have event MVP's, true anarchy baby Icon_twisted

GM's shouldn't have to cater to every little complaint and whine just because the server doesn't have the player count it once did.

so i could pnuema the boss before it is attacked by anyone ? Thinking

anarchy ? Icon_razz
ban material i say Laugh

about the whole gm catering to little complaints and ishhhh
i need to start a thread on this
i posted twice Cry forgive

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2014 12:37 PM by Ash~.)
09-20-2014 12:35 PM
raphael.cruger Offline
>:|

(09-19-2014 01:36 AM)azurerogue Wrote:  Because it's not a "kill steal" if it's an MVP. MVPs are meant to be competitive.

Then why not allow a party to pneuma the mvp? In a competition you do your best right? Better strategy(suggest WS + pneuma) counter creo. Why the f*** would anyone go for a muspel party (18 ppl required, usual activity around that time 18+1), just wait for someone else to bag and go steal it on creator, its legal!!!

(09-19-2014 07:52 AM)cane 33 Wrote:  Delete the entire Mini-Muspel, is fastest: this event is ruining the server, because people now know only this way to exp. Where are all other types of party? Dead. Muspel too easy asd

+1
Schedule more normal muspel for "competition"

(09-19-2014 11:45 AM)demishock Wrote:  I support the idea of making it like regular Muspel where everyone has to get their own Sparks (or each party, if that's faster/easier). That would also allow people who want to (myself included) to farm the first floor rather than going on to the MVP fight.

Yes
And 1 Selkie room per party, to encourage "competition".
All parties warp to same mvp room.

(09-19-2014 01:18 PM)Menace651 Wrote:  Another thing GM's could do is make it so the MVP gives no EXP but players would get a set amount of EXP based on their level when exiting and completing the event. This would make it more fair since everyone would get EXP and you would not get any EXP at all when you are dead and someone kills the MVP.

This good too.
(09-20-2014 11:06 AM)yacsef Wrote:  How is pneumaing an MVP dirtier than killstealing an MVP? If people want to fight for stuff, fight smartly at least. In WoE you can debuff people to win a castle but in pvm you can't debuff people to win your loots?

My theory is that you can do stuff that other people can reverse (you can LP/sw pneuma for example), so teleporting mvps and stuff like that isn't in my "dirty play strategies". Game is actually much more fun if fighting is involved cause pvm gets pretty repetitive and unchallenging.

Yes.

(09-20-2014 11:06 AM)yacsef Wrote:  I'd even suggest making some MVP maps pvp enabled, i'd find it so fun if teams are equally geared/numbered, but that's pretty hard to have in this kind of game, unless gears are imposed for the event.

PvP enable Surtur map, thx

(09-20-2014 11:12 AM)Aaronock Wrote:  GM's shouldn't have to cater to every little complaint and whine just because the server doesn't have the player count it once did.

A fair point imo.
But they are fine catering to every mvp hindering complaint ticket so I thought I'd give it a whack anyway Icon_biggrin
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2014 05:03 PM by raphael.cruger.)
09-20-2014 04:34 PM
cane 33 Offline
Pancake

(09-20-2014 10:35 AM)Ash~ Wrote:  so u think muspel is an easy way to level but u dont understand how much time and effort goes into making a party

Yes is it and please don't speak about efforts that you use, because I played various classes and the creo is 10 times cheaper than ws.

I speak about the partying in general: is too hard found a party that is not Muspel and now various old dungeuons are harder now.

People do only mini muspel because is too easy and they start to invite leecher like is normal: sorry but I don't like do always and only the same party, is boring, but maybe only for me

[Image: 2uikp3q.jpg]

Ren is the best
09-20-2014 05:09 PM
Ash~ Offline
>O

(09-20-2014 05:09 PM)cane 33 Wrote:  
(09-20-2014 10:35 AM)Ash~ Wrote:  so u think muspel is an easy way to level but u dont understand how much time and effort goes into making a party

Yes is it and please don't speak about efforts that you use, because I played various classes and the creo is 10 times cheaper than ws.

I speak about the partying in general: is too hard found a party that is not Muspel and now various old dungeuons are harder now.

People do only mini muspel because is too easy and they start to invite leecher like is normal: sorry but I don't like do always and only the same party, is boring, but maybe only for me

what would u want us to do ? not muspel ? so no one does anything yea sounds GREAT
because why dont u try to organize a party for anywhere else ? no one wants to party anywhere . people dont want to work hard . i would rather join them than say "People do only mini muspel because is too easy" i would rather not work hard too

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2014 06:38 PM by Ash~.)
09-20-2014 06:36 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

The problem actually lies in players only caring to reach 99/70.

It's important to party to other places for gears too. =/

Edit: Or heck, at least for a change in scenery.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2014 06:42 PM by Aaronock.)
09-20-2014 06:42 PM
cane 33 Offline
Pancake

Why speak without know? I organized various thor, nameless and mystic, often party failed bcs no one comes.
And in case always the same people do this parties.

"Too hard".

Yea good excuse.

Where is the fun to win easy I really don't understand.

If this server gives the chance to start with a char LV 1 or a char LV 99, the majority will choose the LV 99 because they play for win, not for get fun

Ren is the best
09-20-2014 06:52 PM
Ash~ Offline
>O

(09-20-2014 06:52 PM)cane 33 Wrote:  Why speak without know? I organized various thor, nameless and mystic, often party failed bcs no one comes.
And in case always the same people do this parties.

"Too hard".

we r saying the same thing if u dint realize . Read the extremely important thread in general section please XD

All i m saying is hate jesse pinkman

u know i m up for all parties but u also know that no one else joins

this thread is deviating . issue is not whether we have other parties or not
its how mvp is being ks'ed and how its making people mad and how they want something done about it

(09-20-2014 06:52 PM)cane 33 Wrote:  If this server gives the chance to start with a char LV 1 or a char LV 99, the majority will choose the LV 99 because they play for win, not for get fun

why dont u sell all ur chars like u were going to and start from scratch ? more fun imo

Love

(09-20-2014 06:42 PM)Aaronock Wrote:  The problem actually lies in players only caring to reach 99/70.

It's important to party to other places for gears too. =/

Edit: Or heck, at least for a change in scenery.

parties r not dead XD today me , a hwiz and a bragi killed medusas for a card .. was fun i guess Icon_razz

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2014 07:32 PM by Ash~.)
09-20-2014 07:17 PM
cane 33 Offline
Pancake

Like someone else suggest, I forgot who, maybe Albus, try to change strategy: make a tanker perma atk Surtur so he won't change target, so a physical killer (Champ, LK and ws are best, but u can try ALL) kill him when one of HP perma pneuma (maybe better 2 HPs perma pneuma).

Only because people know only one strategy this don't mean is the only one for win.

Or simple become better than him: creo full geared, INT+10 and DEX+10 foods, all buffs of jesu Christ and I want to see if he win again.
I can borrow my creo gears in case, IDC.

Or more bastard: don't bragi, don't sg, make the surtur kill him and before he ress BOOM.

But cry on forum and ask GM to change a rulez it will only feed him ego

Ren is the best
09-20-2014 07:33 PM