Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Multi-Clienting
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

RE: Multi-Clienting

(11-15-2015 01:38 PM)Yurrechire Wrote:  That said, additional incentives, such as permanently increased %exp per party member, wouldn't hurt.

Already exists and it's quite high of a % actually.

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
11-15-2015 04:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
angra_mainyu Offline

Why people need multi-clients:

1. Players can't find the correct formation, setup, or people for the parties. (Once I had to play with 5 FS Priests and 1 Vit Knight for Niff raid. Totally not funny.)

2. Party are rely to connection. You can imagine what happened when the only healer of party got lag.

3. Party especially high-end dungeons require a certain degree of skills and equipment. You can't let a naked priest to support you in Thor or a complete newbie priest to support you in Abbey even they got the correct equips

4. Party are play with other people. And people are random. You can find a very good person that helps you very much during the play or a total a**hole that will ditch you once he/she got their needs. Or become a total jerk with blaming you for every 1% loss he/she suffer.
(Unless you play with friends or guildies).

5. You can't expect people to login at the time you log and be there for you to party. He/she might busy and can't play at the moment or maybe quit the game altogether.

I'm actually neutral with multi-clients. But I just want to point-out my state of mind when I open another client in my PC.

[Was it YOU who summoned ME? You WISH the end OF the world? Evil]
11-16-2015 03:13 AM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

I'm still against it although I understand the pain that people feel when parties only accept certain cliques in it but that's how MMOs are like and you can't stop it. People are unpredictable and it is that unpredictability that people play MMOs.

The thing we are creating with multi-self cloning is another problem than a solution. Plus all those that people are saying about not able to party, how does that make it different when you have only one character? Sure you might have more character and diversity in skills but what can be done to stop that yearning for 'more' clones to join your party? It's like a narcotic where once it is added, then you'll get addicted to it and create more (from only using a Paladin to using a priest to heal it to having a blacksmith to carry your luggages to a soul linker).

Like I said, the game is designed as is to create a balance not to 'make your lives in the fantasy realm easy'. Add or remove something in the equation and you get a messy mishap of a scrambled egg.

[Image: tumblr_ny8egaizy41ugfaiio1_500.gif]
11-16-2015 04:35 AM
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

(11-16-2015 04:35 AM)Story Teller Wrote:  I'm still against it although I understand the pain that people feel when parties only accept certain cliques in it but that's how MMOs are like and you can't stop it. People are unpredictable and it is that unpredictability that people play MMOs.

The thing we are creating with multi-self cloning is another problem than a solution. Plus all those that people are saying about not able to party, how does that make it different when you have only one character? Sure you might have more character and diversity in skills but what can be done to stop that yearning for 'more' clones to join your party? It's like a narcotic where once it is added, then you'll get addicted to it and create more (from only using a Paladin to using a priest to heal it to having a blacksmith to carry your luggages to a soul linker).

Like I said, the game is designed as is to create a balance not to 'make your lives in the fantasy realm easy'. Add or remove something in the equation and you get a messy mishap of a scrambled egg.

Okay, I think it's about time someone told you this.

Do you even play this server anymore? You seriously sound like someone who just lurks the forums and is opposing this without having a single idea of the situation in-game. It's very simple for you to oppose this when it'll have no impact on you what so ever but the people who actually try to form parties don't feel the way you do.

Not to mention your whole argumentation seems to ignore the fact that multiple people have mentioned that there should be a 2 to 3 clients limit (ideally 2) to avoid the server becoming a solo festival (which seems to be your main concern here).

Oh and if you want to mention game design, official servers actually allow multi-clienting.

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2015 11:40 AM by Gojira.)
11-16-2015 11:24 AM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

Yes, use the "You don't play in the server' card on me. I'm in this forum cause I've 'played' before and know of the so called multi-self cloning.

EDIT: Just because other servers do it, is that a reason for us to follow them? It's not like their community is the same as ours. Only if you give a solid answer to why multi-self cloning should be allowed will I step down. Not finding parties is not enough to support such change.

[Image: tumblr_ny8egaizy41ugfaiio1_500.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2015 02:32 PM by Story Teller.)
11-16-2015 02:23 PM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

My question is:
Legalizing multi-clienting, will it un-ban everyone who were banned/punished for doing so before?
#KeepMatineeBannedforDualClientinginLHZ LOLlllll
11-16-2015 04:26 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

If we were to implement and allow multi clienting, we would not be unbanning anyone who was punished for breaking the rule in the past.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
11-22-2015 06:50 PM
mookow Offline

I'm and a few olde friends of mine would totally come back if multiclienting up to 2 accounts at a time would be allowed.

I mean 2 is not overkill and totally fine imo.
11-23-2015 08:35 AM
Can Offline

(11-15-2015 01:38 PM)Yurrechire Wrote:  RO is a social game, and encouraging people to play with themselves goes against the spirit of it, in my opinion.

As far as parties go, why are people so intent on declaring that they don't exist? They happen consistently, and would happen even more if folks were less set on an ideal (bard, HP, prof, etc, etc) makeup. Yesterday's 70+ Muspel run was a lovely example of it: 4 wizards, and a paladin who doubled up as both a healer and a lure. We went through dozens of ygg leaves, people 89'd left and right, and much fun was had.

That said, additional incentives, such as permanently increased %exp per party member, wouldn't hurt.

I'm that healer pally, and it was good yes Icon_smile But it was agonizing to get to that point of 75-ish.

I know it's a social game and that should be encouraged, but let's face it, this is a decades old game and I doubt anyone expects the server population to increase drastically as there are more and more newer and shiny graphics etc games, and the people who would know about this game would go down every day, it is just the nature of things.

I think the population in this server is mostly very nice and talkative people who like doing things together when they can, and personally I would prefer partying with a priest over bringing a "slave-priest" of my own, as I think most of you would prefer as well, because it is more fun that way, you get to chat around and stuff.

But at some point, if you cannot find what you need/want, that "encouraging" social situations also mean "discouraging" you to play at all, if you're a lone player. As someone mentioned, this situation has turned me into "just waiting for puppies and healer quest" for several days, and that's just not enjoyable.

And with the said situation above, ro being an old game and the low population, I think keeping your currently active players happy and involved is more important than chasing unrealistic expectations of a huge crowd.
11-25-2015 03:26 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Neither for nor against multi-clienting. Not sure how many people buy converter scrolls regularly now, but if dual clienting is legalized, I can see people in PVE going "screw your scrolls, I got my own buff sage!"

Then you got those Sinx folks with their EDP and Soul Links and full buffs wrecking face in Bio 3.

Brewers and forgers wouldn't need to gather a crew to help them brew/forge anymore since they can bring their own alter-egos to do that shiz.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The Oka Compendium
: A glorified record of my alt-a-holic-ism. May or may not be up to date at any given point.
11-25-2015 03:32 PM