Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Multi-Clienting
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

RE: Multi-Clienting

(11-09-2015 02:02 PM)Demogorgon Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 01:09 PM)Gojira Wrote:  I'd agree with you but the problem right now is that the lack of players is making parties just not happen instead.

I actually think that a more deciding Factor in no regular Partys happening is the high ratio of Vets on this Server that simply dont need to level anymore bc of stacked lvl99 Accs,so if someone tries to recruit for Thor or DG or st it doesnt really appeal to a majority of the Players to grind wo rewards they need.

Dual/Multiclienting might actually bite back in a way that even more Stuff than now will be able to to be soloable or duoable leaving the New Players that arent yet that well interconnected with even less Partyoptions.

P.S. you might argue that they can then solo/duo themselves more often but imo RO is a pretty bad singleplayer game,its depth relies on partyinteractions and a solo approach shouldnt be encouraged by server policys.

By lack of players I also meant lack of players with a will to party =p

I'm quite aware that there's good and bad regarding it but I think you could minimize the bad by limiting the amount of clients so that people wouldn't be able to solo/duo content.

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
11-10-2015 01:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Roger Offline
RNGOD PRAISER #1

Multiclienting limited at non-woe times and maybe limited to 2~3 total clients, imo.

Album Collection:
[img]WIP[img]
and counting

CLICK HERE HeRO Videos!

[Image: image,RNGod,white,black.png]
[Image: NYD-ONESHOT-7-85-M-damage.png]
[Image: Screenshot-20190605-030429.jpg]
11-10-2015 06:17 PM
Arcanju Offline

I'd prefer not to allow it.
I think the issue has more to do with incentive than people. Start an automated event and you can get quite a few people who stop what they're doing to join...
Personally, if somebody tried to organize a party for somewhere I couldn't manage by myself, I'd be quite interested. But if I can solo it (or duo it with tess), I'd frequently pass... it's a lot less headache just to do it by myself. With multi-clienting, I'd be able to do a fair bit more and there'd be a lot less incentive for me. And I know a lot of the people here can solo a lot more of the game than I can.
11-10-2015 07:50 PM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

Let's play Sims instead, seems like it already has multi-clienting installed in it.

EDIT: While we are at it, let's also be able to marry ourselves when we agree on multiclienting and be narcissistic people and isolate ourselves in a cabin where we make more of us.

[Image: tumblr_ny8egaizy41ugfaiio1_500.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2015 05:52 AM by Story Teller.)
11-11-2015 05:48 AM
Can Offline

You may not like the idea, but at least give a logical argument. For the people against this, currently I have a HP and a Paladin both around lv 70, and unable to find a party for days. I have asked in main etc too, simply no one has a suitable class at a suitable level, or maybe they have no interest. What do you suggest then? I can't force people to make new characters to hang with me, can I?

The main argument is that it will prevent people from forming parties? I don't see any parties happening already, how do you prevent something that isn't there?

To be honest, I would marry some of my chars like that, if it will be allowed. It is useful you know, you can summon your buffer to yourself with marriage skill wherever you are, buff, and send them back to pront. You can call it narcissistic, I call it being practical.
11-12-2015 04:16 PM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

You mean practically isolating yourself from the hero community and making yourself stronger? I feel like there will be a huge repercussion that will happen with this allowed. Plus the idea of multi-self cloning will only deter the Vakyrie Project since it could and would in my opinion cause people to party with themselves more than interact with new people. The game was designed to only use one character and I can't say this will be called an MMO anymore with multi-self cloning.

EDIT: Btw, it's not about "I'm not getting parties", it's more like "I need to find a better levelling spot".

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2015 04:29 PM by Story Teller.)
11-12-2015 04:25 PM
yacsef Offline
Kappa

Could not have said it better than Story Teller.
(Since when do you comment seriously wtf)
11-12-2015 07:16 PM
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

(11-12-2015 07:16 PM)yacsef Wrote:  Could not have said it better than Story Teller.
(Since when do you comment seriously wtf)

I think it only happens when my mind is marginally sane and insane. Icon_wink

11-12-2015 08:01 PM
Menace651 Offline

(11-12-2015 04:16 PM)Can Wrote:  You may not like the idea, but at least give a logical argument. For the people against this, currently I have a HP and a Paladin both around lv 70, and unable to find a party for days. I have asked in main etc too, simply no one has a suitable class at a suitable level, or maybe they have no interest. What do you suggest then? I can't force people to make new characters to hang with me, can I?

The main argument is that it will prevent people from forming parties? I don't see any parties happening already, how do you prevent something that isn't there?

To be honest, I would marry some of my chars like that, if it will be allowed. It is useful you know, you can summon your buffer to yourself with marriage skill wherever you are, buff, and send them back to pront. You can call it narcissistic, I call it being practical.

This is exactly why we need some form of multi/dual client. Not to sound cynnical but it sounds like most of the people who are against multi-clienting are vets that already have accounts full of 99/70's and have no need to part outside of MVP/loot parties. If we want to keep the server alive we really need to think about the new players too.

I mean I really don't get it. People don't want multi/dual clienting but then no one wants to party or help in parties but yet everyone complains when people swarm an exp event like KoD because it's the only way to get good exp without a real party. It's kind of sad that this server has come down to people sitting in town waiting for puppies, healer quest or an exp event to level.

Just @who2 Menace ingame. You should find me if I'm on. thanks!
11-14-2015 12:33 PM
Yurrechire Offline
Mistress of a 1000 Papercuts

RO is a social game, and encouraging people to play with themselves goes against the spirit of it, in my opinion.

As far as parties go, why are people so intent on declaring that they don't exist? They happen consistently, and would happen even more if folks were less set on an ideal (bard, HP, prof, etc, etc) makeup. Yesterday's 70+ Muspel run was a lovely example of it: 4 wizards, and a paladin who doubled up as both a healer and a lure. We went through dozens of ygg leaves, people 89'd left and right, and much fun was had.

That said, additional incentives, such as permanently increased %exp per party member, wouldn't hurt.

Join the Dark Legion today- we've got the best cookies!

Zerk on PRINCIPLE! ™
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2015 01:38 PM by Yurrechire.)
11-15-2015 01:38 PM