Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Looking Around
xlustx Offline

RE: Looking Around

(06-08-2016 09:18 PM)Aaronock Wrote:  Since you asked...

Quote:Classic and Custom Lore Quests
-I'm not looking to be OP in PvP, WOE, etc. I'm looking to have a chill time wandering around the world of Midgard learning it's lore/characters/places as I do quests on my own pace.

I understand that feeling, so you want to play, and play at your own pace. That's something that is easy to respect. So if I were in your shoes when playing since your time is more limited... I'd try to make sure to tackle things like, "Farm items for x hat" or "Grind so much percentages of experience."

Quote:Cooperative Players
-One problem I had with my former server (It's dead now) is that players seem to be more focused on "gettin gud" and getting rich to "git gud". I'm more focused on relieving the nostalgia of playing Ragnarok Online back when there's a whole bunch of people doing quests and just simply having fun with others.
-It would be great if there are others out there whom I can party/guild with and just learn the lore of Ragnarok with.

Every server has players more focused on getting decked out in more and more tweaked gear. But I'm sure you can also find others who want to play and experience RO in a similar fashion to you as well. I'm open to parties but most of my characters are very high level now. Just how it goes with playing for so many years on one server. Icon_razz

Quote:Customization
-Reading around the Hero Wiki and Forums, I'm pleased with what the mods are doing in terms of customization, the "it's our private world" and "will add more customization" stuff increased my interest to this server.
-Custom Pets, Alternate Outfits, Hairstyles, Hats, Additional NPCs.. I'm looking forward to seeing them and watch the admins improve them.

Yah there's a lot of great customs to take advantage of. As a newbie, I'd look up the guides regarding Buddy Beanie, WoE Point Rewards, and Battlegrounds. The Hatter page may be of interest as well to know what cards are usable with him (as part of one of his games) and what you can obtain. Also, make sure to read up on the custom dungeons and the monster drops therein.

Quote:Less Grinding
-It doesn't have to be a x10k rate, I just want a game where I don't have to grind for a long time just so I can beat the next mob monsters for a quest, I don't have the same loose schedule as I had back in high school, I have a job now along with other responsibilities, so having to grind for weeks just to attain one level is not something I want to spend the remaining of my time on.

No biggie here, most others have addressed this question already, but I'll just repeat a few things. Most popular stuff is to do the Puppies and Item of the Day quests on a daily basis. But if you decide to quest really hard, you can do the modified official 13.2 quests along with Monster Extermination Monthly custom quest. You can of course pay attention to the Monster of the Moment and get more experience battling those foes instead of the usual junk (Mosco, Rach Sanc, Hillwinds, etc). Doing quests to get some levels is not bad either here, because they give 5x more than their usual experience. :D

Quote:Events
Seeing that Hero has daily and seasonal events, I guess I'll find no problems in that.

Not necessarily daily events, but they are plentiful enough. Players can also host automated events with an NPC in Prontera as long as they have an Event Bag item. Which, you get those by participating in events as well~

Thanks a lot for all that information, I'm going to start reading up on the monster extermination and official 13.2 quests.

I'm just grinding for now, but maybe I'll start doing the 13.2 quests.
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2016 08:52 AM by xlustx.)
06-09-2016 08:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bellatrix Offline
=DDD

RE: Looking Around

Welcome!!
06-10-2016 08:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply